What's new

Sore Dick Deals

A friend of mine had the Yukon bearing puller and it was stored at my shop for a couple years until he moved and took it with him and I ended up buying the Vevor when they were dirt cheap last year. I'd say that if they were painted the same color you'd have a very hard time figuring out which one was which.
Honestly, it’s cheap enough that offering to mail it to someone for a one time use would probably cost the same as buying it from the jungle website.

$103 for the one with Sterling bearing clamshell, and $84 for the one without.

Honestly, it’s cheap enough that offering to mail it to someone for a one time use would probably cost the same as buying it from the jungle website.

$103 for the one with Sterling bearing clamshell, and $84 for the one without.
No doubt, shipping costs are ridiculous. Maybe competitive in a flat rate box or on a commercial account, but for the common folk...

And during the random sale last year, I scored the full set for $65 :smokin:
1711374826192.png

eBay vendor looks like mostly Craftsman stuff has "up to 15% off."

I think I bought long torx socket set or maybe long ball end Allen socket set from them. Last Craftsman things I remember buying on eBay anyway.

They were cheaper than Lowe's or Amazon when I was shopping then, so I assume it's even better now.

Preview says "security measure" for some reason, but still takes you to the right place when you click on it.

Tool Lots has a pretty good clearance sale right now. I bought a wire feed welder to convert to a trail welder for $80

People have talked about installing the DIY mini-splits. Home Depot's Deal of the Day for today (03/29) is up to 30% off on a variety of options including Bosch, Mr. Cool, Pioneer, and others:

I like the very slow print speed 20mm/hr = 7/8" an hr.
I hope it is a misprint.
here are the speeds for my printer
Filament TypeBest Print Speed
PLA40-60 mm/s
ABS40-60 mm/s
TPU25-30 mm/s
PETG20-40 mm/s
Nylon25-50 mm/s
I didnt get the brake shoes but I did pick up a 3D printer
1711727588064.png

How is the shipping from that place? They have a good deal on a wood chipper I’ve been eyeballing for years

I like the very slow print speed 20mm/hr = 7/8" an hr.
I hope it is a misprint.
here are the speeds for my printer
Filament TypeBest Print Speed
PLA40-60 mm/s
ABS40-60 mm/s
TPU25-30 mm/s
PETG20-40 mm/s
Nylon25-50 mm/s
Its a resin printer, not a filament printer....which might explain the slowness.

I have no experience with these, but sort of a need for one....so I ordered it too, we'll see what shows up and how long it takes me to kick it across the yard.

Its a resin printer, not a filament printer....which might explain the slowness.

I have no experience with these, but sort of a need for one....so I ordered it too, we'll see what shows up and how long it takes me to kick it across the yard.
It's also a different measurement. Filament is usually measured in how fast the print head moves or the volumetric qty. Resin is measured in z movement since the cure time on a layer doesn't really matter if it's one pixel or the whole screen. One of the advantages and disadvantages of resin, the print speed is entirely height based, not volume

How is the shipping from that place? They have a good deal on a wood chipper I’ve been eyeballing for years
I ordered the $149 3D printer on the 29th and it showed up on the 3rd...fairly impressed.

Looks like a lot of printer for $149. I've never used one and have zero experience with 3D printing....so this should be fun. I rebuild brake calipers for a lot of vintage stuff, and it would be nice to be able to print dust boots and rubber bushings on occasion when what I need simply isn't available or I need to buy 5000 of them or something.

The kid is going to a small high school next year with a focus on engineering (they have a pretty cool machine shop, rocket program, robotics program, etc....) so I figure he'll learn all about how to create 3D models and design shit in an electronic format and I'm hoping I can con/bribe/threaten him into making shit for me...lol.

I ordered the $149 3D printer on the 29th and it showed up on the 3rd...fairly impressed.

Looks like a lot of printer for $149. I've never used one and have zero experience with 3D printing....so this should be fun. I rebuild brake calipers for a lot of vintage stuff, and it would be nice to be able to print dust boots and rubber bushings on occasion when what I need simply isn't available or I need to buy 5000 of them or something.

The kid is going to a small high school next year with a focus on engineering (they have a pretty cool machine shop, rocket program, robotics program, etc....) so I figure he'll learn all about how to create 3D models and design shit in an electronic format and I'm hoping I can con/bribe/threaten him into making shit for me...lol.

Patiently waiting for reviews of that printer. I'd love to get in to the resin thing, but the cost of the printer and then consumables has put me off. Also heard the fumes can be bad, especially compared to an extrusion printer.

Just a comment that Harbor Freight has been adding quite a selection of name brand fluids to their shelves that are under $20 and would be available for their 15%, 20%, 25%, 30% discounts they typically run. Today is a 15% off a single item discount.

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 2.24.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 2.43.19 PM.png

Just a comment that Harbor Freight has been adding quite a selection of name brand fluids to their shelves that are under $20 and would be available for their 15%, 20%, 25%, 30% discounts they typically run. Today is a 15% off a single item discount.

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 2.24.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 2.43.19 PM.png

I wait for the 30% of 5 items coupon and stock up on this kind of stuff. The big roll of shop towels are a steal if buy them during that sale.
1712438312471.png

Patiently waiting for reviews of that printer. I'd love to get in to the resin thing, but the cost of the printer and then consumables has put me off. Also heard the fumes can be bad, especially compared to an extrusion printer.
3 hours....and now it's going in the trash. Fuck this thing.

I figured I'd start off with something quick to see if I even have the mental capacity for this type of thing....

Found a file for some little model airplane that prints like a model car kit....about 1/8" thick, you break the pieces out and clip them together. Sort of worked...but came out shitty, so I changed some parameters around and tried again, after I spent 45 minutes cleaning the fucking plate because in the time it took me to scrape the print off of once side of the plate, the resin somehow cured on every other surface of the goddam thing.

Machine started making crunchy noises when the plate came down so I paused it and a bunch of strings of partially cured resin were hanging from the plate. Filtered all the resin to clean out the tub and the whole tub is coated in cured resin...which is of course stuck pretty good. Grabbed the plastic scraper and "carefully" fucked up the clear film in the bottom of it in at least 3 different places.

I'm over it. lol.

3 hours....and now it's going in the trash. Fuck this thing.

I figured I'd start off with something quick to see if I even have the mental capacity for this type of thing....

Found a file for some little model airplane that prints like a model car kit....about 1/8" thick, you break the pieces out and clip them together. Sort of worked...but came out shitty, so I changed some parameters around and tried again, after I spent 45 minutes cleaning the fucking plate because in the time it took me to scrape the print off of once side of the plate, the resin somehow cured on every other surface of the goddam thing.

Machine started making crunchy noises when the plate came down so I paused it and a bunch of strings of partially cured resin were hanging from the plate. Filtered all the resin to clean out the tub and the whole tub is coated in cured resin...which is of course stuck pretty good. Grabbed the plastic scraper and "carefully" fucked up the clear film in the bottom of it in at least 3 different places.

I'm over it. lol.

Thanks for taking one for the team. I think I'll stick with filament. :laughing:

Thanks for taking one for the team. I think I'll stick with filament. :laughing:
it's what I do....

I don't even like washing dishes....I prefer cooking on the grill and paper plates. This fucking thing is like cleaning 5 sticky drippy casserole dishes after every print...succesful or not.

I'm over it. lol.

I was thinking of buying a filiment machine, but in thinking about it a bit further, I have enough pain in my life....I'll just bribe a friend with beer if I need something printed.

For the Warn winch deal at the end of last year did anybody ever get the Warn credit due to the missing wireless feature? I got a random replacement remote in the mail but no credit.

For the Warn winch deal at the end of last year did anybody ever get the Warn credit due to the missing wireless feature? I got a random replacement remote in the mail but no credit.

Negative. I think everyone got the unexplained extra remote. Last time I check the rebate was still pending.

I got a the rebate card but the reimbursement for the remote I got told only valid on 1 offer. I've called and e-mailed several times with no response.

Top Back Refresh