What's new

Somewhat shady life hacks

Speaking of returning shit...

Our local Costco ended up revoking the membership of a whole bunch of people who were abusing the return policy. It was fucking unreal the shit I would see stacked up at returns on a visit. Snowblowers and winter tires and the like in the spring, lawn equipment in the fall. Boxing day had stacks of x-mas trees and furniture.

I should got a pic of the time I saw four or five dot indians all lined up in a row returning lawnmowers in late Oct.
Costco is a great store and I really hope they don't loose their return policy. I dont abuse it, but I will buy stuff there that has a higher failure rate since I know they will take care of it.

The only bad part about costco is the customers. Bunch of cheapwads. I completely support canceling memberships of people who obviously abuse the system.

Not shady - in fact it help prevent some shady shit. When you go to the grocery store just say you forgot your discount card or punch in a friends/exs/etc phone number. Still get the sales but don't have their creepy analytics tracking you.

grocery stores, gas stations etc that ask for phone number i always put in Jennys # 8675309, with local area code. works everytime and usually get money off at the pump.

grocery stores, gas stations etc that ask for phone number i always put in Jennys # 8675309, with local area code. works everytime and usually get money off at the pump.
Good one. I've been driving something that gets 40 mpg and a typical fillup is 10g, so I tend not to give a crap about a few cents on gas - woohoo, 10c off, that's a whole dollar!

A bigger focus for me in the past few years has been reducing the amount of tracking information I allow by either not giving it or giving them garbage information. The stores that will only grant a sale price with data annoy me

Good one. I've been driving something that gets 40 mpg and a typical fillup is 10g, so I tend not to give a crap about a few cents on gas - woohoo, 10c off, that's a whole dollar!

A bigger focus for me in the past few years has been reducing the amount of tracking information I allow by either not giving it or giving them garbage information. The stores that will only grant a sale price with data annoy me
They count on people like you get gas and burn your points

My commuter gets around 50mps
I don't buy fuel unless I hit the max.
By the time I need it, I have hit the max in discount and I buy fuel until the pump shuts it off

1.00 off and 25 gal is a pretty good deal.....25.00

Friend of mine has a dedicated truck that only hauled trailers

I thnk he had it for 10 years, never purchased tabs. I ask why, he is all (points at the trailer) cant see past it...duh :laughing:

I make the GF sign up for shit like the grocery store discounts and stuff. She gets more than a few telemarketing calls, I get none :grinpimp:

I max out in points, then get the RV and dump 25 gallons into the tank. Three times and its full, that's $75.00 off. Or, just fill up when I am in Arizona and its way cheaper. I used my points at a Safeway gas station in Kingman a few weeks ago. With the points it was
20210525_182241.jpg

I sent this picture to a bunch of my friends in California and they all flipped, forgot to tell them I was using my rewards points...:grinpimp: At the time, it was almost half the price of gas over on the other side of the iron curtain.

Friend of mine has a dedicated truck that only hauled trailers

I thnk he had it for 10 years, never purchased tabs. I ask why, he is all (points at the trailer) cant see past it...duh :laughing:
I sold a dirt bike to a friend and he always has it on a rack on the back of his Cherokee to hide the expired tabs on his plate and

I sold a dirt bike to a friend and he always has it on a rack on the back of his Cherokee to hide the expired tabs on his plate and
Just get one of those mobility scooter lifts, even if you never use it. Can't understand how those things are legal, they all block the plate

What do I care if the grocery store knows what kind of food I like to buy? I save roughly 5% on groceries using their points program (it's actually tied to air miles) which gives cash back, that shit adds up, couple hundred bucks a year.

Reactions: DMG
What do I care if the grocery store knows what kind of food I like to buy? I save roughly 5% on groceries using their points program (it's actually tied to air miles) which gives cash back, that shit adds up, couple hundred bucks a year.
Before they bammed the number a lot of people used to use 867-5309 and there were only a few grocery store gas stations around as they were still kinda new. I used that number to save ao much money on fuel back then. And most every area code had that number registered as an account so it worked out well. .

I max out in points, then get the RV and dump 25 gallons into the tank. Three times and its full, that's $75.00 off. Or, just fill up when I am in Arizona and its way cheaper. I used my points at a Safeway gas station in Kingman a few weeks ago. With the points it was
20210525_182241.jpg

I sent this picture to a bunch of my friends in California and they all flipped, forgot to tell them I was using my rewards points...:grinpimp: At the time, it was almost half the price of gas over on the other side of the iron curtain.
you got three cards?
75.00 in one sitting isn't the norm here
1.00 max
25 gal and the pump shuts off

if you found a glitch in the matrix, please share

it was an ex gf but I’m guilty of that too :laughing: when we were together many times she’d rack up so many points that it was 0.00 per gal, her van only held 18g so we’d bring cans to get all 25g.
I figured out pretty quick the x was just as bad with money after I left her as before, she was too lazy to sign up for anything I could steal from, so I figured the next best thing, stole from her mom who was a huge enabler since banging her was out of the:barf: question:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh