What's new

NM *SOLD* 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited LJ, Lifted and Locked on 35" Tires

'84 Bronco II

El Chingón
Member Number
Loc
NM
I am posting this listing for my father, so PM me if you're serious and I'll get you in touch, but I can answer most questions here.

My father is the second owner and bought it back in 2012 with 120,000 miles from a Pirate member in Southern California who was the original owner. The Jeep has spent the last 11 years garaged in Las Cruces New Mexico, and is 100% rust free.

The Jeep is pretty clean for its age, but it is a nearly 20 year old vehicle and has been used off road so it is not pristine. There are some scratches and scrapes, and the previous owner painted the fender flares body color and it is flaking off a bit in places. The carpet was removed and the tub was bed-lined by the previous owner (The drain plugs are also missing). The interior plastics are in good shape and there are no major tears or stains in the seats.

My father wheeled it, but he did not abuse it. He never broke any drivetrain parts while he owned this Jeep.

Here are the specs/upgrades:

Vehicle
  • 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
  • 133,000 Miles
  • 4.0L I6 (K&N cold air intake, PowerAid throttle body Spacer, Gibson cat back exhaust)
  • 42RLE Automatic
  • NP231J Transfercase (Novak Cable Shifter)
  • Dana 44 Rear (4.56 gears, Detroit Locker, G2 Gear 4340 shafts)
  • Dana 30 Front (4.56 gears, Lock Right Locker)

Features
  • Air Conditioning (Blows cold, no issues)
  • Cruise Control (Fully Functional)
  • Mirror with digital compass and temperature readout
  • Hard top with rear window wiper and defrost
  • Full doors
  • Bikini top w/header bar
  • Rear fold and tumble bench
  • Aftermarket bluetooth radio (I believe my father still has the factory radio if that's your thing)

Upgrades
  • 4" Teraflex Short Arm kit with replacement lowers arms with spherical flex joints, sway bar disconnects, and front coil spring retainers
  • Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, and Rancho 9000XL adjustable front shocks
  • Aftermarket HD track bar with spherical rod ends
  • Aftermarket HD steering draglink
  • 1.25" Body lift and motor mount lift (ready for flat belly skid plate)
  • Rockmen Steel Corner Armor, color matched to the body
  • Genright rock sliders with tube steps
  • Warn Winch Bumper with Milemarker SE9500C electric winch (winch has no issues and works as it should)
  • Aftermarket auxiliary lights mounted to the bumper
  • Custom rear bumper built from 2"x4" box tubing with a 2" receiver
  • Bestop HighRock spare tire carrier that opens with the tailgate which is super convenient for getting into the back of the Jeep
  • Custom Water/Fuel can carrier integrated with the spare tire carrier
  • CB Radio with rear mounted antenna and auxiliary speaker
  • Pillar gauges for transmission temperature and Oil Pressure

Tires & Wheels
  • 35/12.50R15 BFG KM2 Mud Terrains (Around 5,000 miles, ~75% tread life remaining, No cracks or dry rot)
  • 15"x8" Procomp 1069 cast aluminum wheels (Some rock rash, one smashed center cap, pitting on other center caps)
  • Spare 35/12.50R15 Dunlop Mud Rover on matching Procomp wheel
Recent Maintenance
  • New Water pump, serpentine belt idler pulley, and tensioner
  • New Driveshaft U-joints
  • New front rotors and brake pads
  • New Front Upper Control arms (cheap and easier than just replacing the worn out bushings)
Areas Needing Attention
  • Starting to smell antifreeze when turning on the heater, but no visible leaks yet.
  • Check engine light is on for O2 sensor voltage being out of spec. All four were replaced with new ones, but the ECM still says they are slightly out of spec. Apparently this is a common issue on these Jeeps, but hasn't affected drivability or mileage, so my father quit caring and it has been this way since he bought the Jeep.
  • Torque converter seems to drain down when parked for a while and needs a few seconds to pump up when you first start it before you can move in gear.
$16,000 OBO, my father is willing to deliver within 100 miles of Las Cruces, or up to 500 miles if you pay mileage.

IMG_0089.jpeg

DSCN0815.JPG

fullsizeoutput_55c.jpeg

IMG_3569.JPG

20161231_132424.jpg

Last edited:
Hmn, trade for an aluminum race CJ2a here in NH? :flipoff2:

Hmn, trade for an aluminum race CJ2a here in NH? :flipoff2:

I know you're kidding, but no trades. The reason my father is selling is because he bought a new Bronco so he doesn't need a Jeep anymore and wants room in his shop to park one of his other vehicles.

I know you're kidding, but no trades. The reason my father is selling is because he bought a new Bronco so he doesn't need a Jeep anymore and wants room in his shop to park one of his other vehicles.
Actually, I wasn't kidding. I'd trade a vehicle with more than 60K in parts, without counting labor for this.

Don't know why, but I would.

That said, understood where he is.

Actually, I wasn't kidding. I'd trade a vehicle with more than 60K in parts, without counting labor for this.

Don't know why, but I would.

That said, understood where he is.

No black text???? No Flipoff Emoji's????? Recent head injury?

Dude, I don't believe for one tiny fraction of a second that you're serious, but in the 1 in a quadrillion chance you are, I'll happily buy this Jeep and trade it to you.

No black text???? No Flipoff Emoji's????? Recent head injury?

Dude, I don't believe for one tiny fraction of a second that you're serious, but in the 1 in a quadrillion chance you are, I'll happily buy this Jeep and trade it to you.
I was serious last night and also a bit drunk.

I agree, I would give up too much value. I'd also get rid of something that needs to be stored inside, that to get more value out of, either has to be parted or I have to deal with all the yahoos.

I woke up, still wanting this Jeep, so I decided to try selling some stuff

So thanks for talking me out of it.

I was serious last night and also a bit drunk.

I agree, I would give up too much value. I'd also get rid of something that needs to be stored inside, that to get more value out of, either has to be parted or I have to deal with all the yahoos.

I woke up, still wanting this Jeep, so I decided to try selling some stuff

So thanks for talking me out of it.

Damn.....I feel horrible for me.

If you ever have another mental health episode let me know.

Let me know if you want any additional information or would like me to put you in contact with my father.
Thanks. I am evaluating the areas that need attention. I understand the heater core replacement and the O2 issues (have to use OEM), but talking with my trans guy about the 42RLE.

I also figured out why I want this badly: I am building the CJ8 version of it now and I could drive this NOW while I tinker with it. Then I'd have to go find a CJ6... :lmao:

Last edited:
I see a soft top and a hard top, with full hard doors?

Thanks. I am evaluating the areas that need attention. I understand the heater core replacement and the O2 issues (have to use OEM), but talking with my trans guy about the 42RLE.

I also figured out why I want this badly: I am building the CJ8 version of it now and I could drive this NOW while I tinker with it. Then I'd have to go find a CJ6... :lmao:
Even with OEM sensors a small percentage need a pcm replaced as the internal ground circuit deteriorates.

Even with OEM sensors a small percentage need a pcm replaced as the internal ground circuit deteriorates.
Yeah, I had to do that on my daughter's 2006 TJ. A PCM rebuild is not that expensive.

I was going to try the OEM o2's first.

Reactions: DMG
I will buy the LJ and drive it to Grendel in NH and trade for pinky! Then i will drive that back to UT and document the whole journey! Heck, my dad will probably join like he did for "big ugly!" I am game if you are serious!

I will buy the LJ and drive it to Grendel in NH and trade for pinky! Then i will drive that back to UT and document the whole journey! Heck, my dad will probably join like he did for "big ugly!" I am game if you are serious!
Thanks man, but we're not quite at straight out trade. :flipoff2:

He should sell the lame ass bronco.

Nice Jeep

He should sell the lame ass bronco.

Nice Jeep
Thanks, he doesn't wheel as hard as he used to and the Bronco fits his needs better and serves as his daily driver. The Jeep is definitely the more capable vehicle.

Is pinky even close to driveable?
Yes, it is. Sorry, I missed this.

Just no top or doors... or heat.

Goes like stink though. It does need a tune for street driving. Don Kinder at Slowhawk's agreed to do it. So it could have a full on dyno sheet with it, too.

Top Back Refresh