What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Glad to see an update. Are you planning on racing some more? MAO?

I'm going go put it back together and go from there. If the Outlaw Series keeps racing at Big O Speedway like they did last month I'll probably run it there a few times, even though the series sucks, because it's my favorite track of all time and the last place I won a race before i pulled the car apart at the end of 2021.

I might be able to make a race at MAO this year but I'm not planning anything until the car is running, thoroughly tested and I'm confident it can run up front at that track. I'd hate to drive 7hrs one way only to show up and be an "also ran" in my class.

Last edited:
I'm going go put it back together and go from there. If the Outlaw Series keeps racing at Big O Speedway like they did last month I'll probably run it there a few times, even though the series sucks, because it's my favorite track of all time and the last place I won a race before i pulled the car apart at the end of 2021.

I might be able to make a race at MAO this year but I'm not planning anything until the car is running, thoroughly tested and I'm confident it can run up front at that track. I'd hate to drive 7hrs one way only to show up and be an "also ran" in my class.
Well, keep us updated. If you do decide to go to MAO, I may be able to come down.

Another small update......

Pease Custom Performance in AZ got the head finished up yesterday and will be shipping it back to me today so I should see it Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

And this also happened.....

20230802_190358.jpg

20230802_190332.jpg

I can't thank bdkw1 enough for making my dumb ideas become reality.

With the cut rotors and wheels I'm about to pull the trigger on I'll be taking 14lbs of rotating weight out of the car this season. New wheels are 13lbs each vs the 16lb Methods I run now.

Hopefully Keiser doesn't burn to the ground again right after I order the wheels like it did last time. :lmao:

keiserphoto.png

To be continued.......

Last edited:
You can feel it in the way the suspension works also. I have played the weight reduction game before too.

Any body remember the MRT carbon fiber (plastic really) wheels?

001.jpg

15X7 wheels on my Toyota were like 16#. Hiper performance started make FRP wheels. Then they got bought out and the selection went down to nothing.

You can feel it in the way the suspension works also. I have played the weight reduction game before too.

Any body remember the MRT carbon fiber (plastic really) wheels?

001.jpg

15X7 wheels on my Toyota were like 16#. Hiper performance started make FRP wheels. Then they got bought out and the selection went down to nothing.

The Keiser spun aluminum wheels are light. A 15x7 with beadlock is 12.9lbs and with the mud cover installed they are 14.1lbs

pixelcut_4.png

The Keiser spun aluminum wheels are light. A 15x7 with beadlock is 12.9lbs and with the mud cover installed they are 14.1lbs

pixelcut_4.png
I have played the centerline/Enki game before. Must carry around a deadblow to massage the beads back into holding air shape. The MRT wheels were guaranteed to flex up to 2". I always wondered if they did warp, if you could put them in boiling water and straighten them out like the old skyway BMX mags.

I love when brown Santa brings me presents!

20230808_221840.jpg

20230808_221854.jpg

20230808_221908.jpg

The head got +1mm valves, bronze guides, titanium retainers, a 3 angle valve job, shaved a bunch and they ported it. :smokin:

That's the last piece of the puzzle I needed to finish re-assembling the engine. If all goes well I shoud have it all together by the end of the weekend and possibly bolted back in the chassis.

Almost forgot...... Earlier in this thread I mentioned buying a 3D printed carbon fiber air intake system for the new engine. Its the one to have for short course racing and makes the most power on these Honda engines. Last season a buddy of mine needed one in a hurry so I sold him mine but didn't re order a new one because i wasn't racing. I called the guy who makes them on Monday and ordered a new one. He mentioned it was revised, makes more HP to the wheels and now comes with extra filters. He sent me a picture of the new style that I'm getting and it's trick as hell.

Old Intake I sold...

IMG_1660.jpg

New one I ordered and should be picking up this week...

Resized_Resized_Resized_20230602_173041(1).jpeg

Resized_Resized_Resized_20230602_173127(1).jpeg

Just a wee bit of difference there. :smokin:

These are a thing now.......

Screenshot_20230803-015543_Samsung Internet.jpg

We ran ceramic wheel bearings on our stock cars and they made a huge improvement in lap times and acceleration. I put a few in my transfer case when I had it apart and i think these would compliment them nicely. I'm trying to get the local UTV shop to give me a deal on these with the purchase of 4 Keiser wheels. If he cuts me a decent deal I'm going to pull the trigger on these also.

Last edited:
And on another note..... I was going to finish assembling the engine this weekend and get it bolted back in the chassis but after talking to my ex motor guy Friday the plan changed. He offered to send me the custom ground cam he had made for my engine in exchange for the off the shelf Crower cam I planned on using after we broke up. Can't beat that deal with a stick!

AND If all goes well and according to plan I'll probably be racing the last two rounds at MAO this year. :smokin:

Can't quite read the number on the bearings, have you tried sourcing them from a bearing house.

I saw the almost visable numbers and thought of the same idea. I've made several calls over the last few days to Kogel, Boca, Acer ect trying to source those and have had zero luck. The guy at UTV Race Shop did tell me that he is the exclusive dealer for those bearings and the Can-Am sets he sells so he might have a deal worked out where nobody else can buy those from the manufacturer.

These are the numbers off the stock Honda bearing and what I was using as reference when calling around....

20230813_114226.jpg

Having that number didn't seem to get me anywhere with the ceramic bearing companies I called, but maybe I'm doing it wrong?

You think a better precision bearing class is worthwhile?

Like back in the day, the better ABEC rating on skate bearings really made them much faster/smooth than the regular shit.

Just doing some googling

Other: DAC40740036 Koyo: DAC4074CW NSK: 40BWD15A FAG: AU0817-5

I found those as well but not a single one of the numbers or the measurements cross over to ceramic bearings, but I can tell you that my Talon and some JDM Nissan have the same size wheel bearings. :laughing:

If they are made by a single supplier like he says they are, and has a deal with them like he said he did I'm SOL and will have to pay full boat. It is what it is.

According to their website they are rebuildable so I guess that's a slight bonus.

Screenshot_20230813-141829_Samsung Internet.jpg

Top Back Refresh