What's new

Slowpoke attempts to kill himself in a golfcart!

Screenshot_20221028-122913_Samsung Internet.jpg

Oh, almost forgot to mention.......... I'll be racing the Texas Outlaw series next season. They made some big changes and went back to a normal race schedule so I'm going to give it a shot.

Best parts about next seasons schedule is that they included the Gold Rush Grand Prix in OK as part of it. I've been wanting to go to that but couldn't because it interfered with our regular race schedule. Not anymore! :smokin:

There is also a round in June that is in Cedar City Utah at the Outlaw Series west facility. I'm hoping to make it out there for that race but won't know if it will be possible until the date gets closer. That's a ton of hours and $$$$ just to go run my golf cart. :laughing:

Ahhhhh, Oasis, I was thinking the old MX track at first. 5500’ elevation, but the views and shit are nice here.

There is also a round in June that is in Cedar City Utah at the Outlaw Series west facility. I'm hoping to make it out there for that race but won't know if it will be possible until the date gets closer. That's a ton of hours and $$$$ just to go run my golf cart. :laughing:

do it!
for the past 5yrs i've being draging my golf cart to every place i always wanted to go. its been a ton of gas money and much more. 2 places are about 29hrs driving one way i've done the drive six times now with the cart. no destination closer than 5hrs drive, last year i spent 81nights in the camper some place riding. i'm thinking next year i plan on going further

worth every damn penny:smokin:

I’ve only driven by, been a while, they’ve been clearing a lot and built a few jumps now. Water slide for the music festival they hold. Doing some sort of Halloween thing.

#spyshots :laughing:

8ED806B4-55B1-43F2-98E4-531C04B494F8.jpeg
0ADC5897-327B-4C24-946D-AB38550B5685.jpeg
09B091E3-9FA5-4DBE-9F89-98EDB98428D9.jpeg

Hell ya! :smokin:

RPS1030, you see the 12hr race they are holding there, you and all your friends should enter into one of the Sportsman classes and race the 3 or 6hr.

JR4X, If you are not busy racing U4 that weekend you should get in on that Pro class prize money. Payouts for that race are pretty good for golf carts and you guys would probably do well.

Last edited:
Hell ya! :smokin:

You see the 12hr race they are holding there, you and all your friends should enter into one of the Sportsman classes and race the 3 or 6hr.

JR4X, If you are not busy racing U4 that weekend you should get in on that Pro class prize money. Payouts for that race are pretty good for golf carts and you guys would probably do well.
Ummmm, no, info from them isn’t the easiest and part of why I haven’t paid much attention. :homer:

Ummmm, no, info from them isn’t the easiest and part of why I haven’t paid much attention. :homer:

Series website

Rule books

Did you get your engine back? It’s been 8 months since you’ve updated here. Still got races in your future?

Did you get your engine back? It’s been 8 months since you’ve updated here. Still got races in your future?

I got it back but it's still in pieces. :mad3: I'm currently working on getting it put back together.

Series has LOTS of $$$$ issues right now and it doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling that makes me want to spend money on a car and a series that may not be around very much longer.

Their latest try to appeal to us racers...... Join our club and pay $300 a race through a monthly payment plan that you can't get out of because of a contract, or pay us $500 the day of the race. They also are not paying out to any amature classes this season and don't actually have a track to race on. :shaking:

I got it back but it's still in pieces. :mad3: I'm currently working on getting it put back together.

Series has LOTS of $$$$ issues right now and it doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling that makes me want to spend money on a car and a series that may not be around very much longer.

Their latest try to appeal to us racers...... Join our club and pay $300 a race through a monthly payment plan that you can't get out of because of a contract, or pay us $500 the day of the race. They also are not paying out to any amature classes this season and don't actually have a track to race on. :shaking:
Yeah, sounds like a good time to hit the pause button and see where they land.

Yeah, sounds like a good time to hit the pause button and see where they land.

MAO is the place to race now but unfortunately it's 7hrs from my house and going there monthly to race just isn't in the cards.

The Outlaw Series is having their next race on the 22nd at Big O Speedway, where I won last and is 35min from home, but with no payout and a $500 entry fee I can't justify it.

MAO is the place to race now but unfortunately it's 7hrs from my house and going there monthly to race just isn't in the cards.

The Outlaw Series is having their next race on the 22nd at Big O Speedway, where I won last and is 35min from home, but with no payout and a $500 entry fee I can't justify it.
That’s dumb. I got $500 for 3rd at Montana and my entry fee was $400

That’s dumb. I got $500 for 3rd at Montana and my entry fee was $400

Sombody either bought out or went in partners with the owner of the series and it seems like they are trying to screw the racers to recoup their money quickly. Smells scammy from where I'm standing and I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly close the doors.

Sounds like it might be time to put a stockish engine back in it with an ice chest/tool rack in the back of it and go trail riding or send it down the road and use the money for a different hobby or style of buggy. That paypal shit sounds like a fukin pyramid scheme to me.

Sounds like it might be time to put a stockish engine back in it with an ice chest/tool rack in the back of it and go trail riding or send it down the road and use the money for a different hobby or style of buggy.

I'm going to put the race motor together shortly, race it once or twice this season, put it in the winners circle and then put it up for sale. If I build a SxS for trail riding it's going to be a KRX.

sounds like a solid plan. I have a couple friends with KRXs and they love them. They aren't the fastest being NA but they are built very well and are great trail machines from what I have seen.

sounds like a solid plan. I have a couple friends with KRXs and they love them. They aren't the fastest being NA but they are built very well and are great trail machines from what I have seen.
exactly. stout as hell. if i recall factory supports 35 inch tires too.

exactly. stout as hell. if i recall factory supports 35 inch tires too.
both friends that have them run 35s with no mods that I know of. Almost like Kawi engineered them for 35s but the bean counters wouldn't let them offer them that way. lol

if i ever step up to a golf cart it will be that one for sure. no questions asked. the go fast is not a worry.
I am in the same boat.. I don't give a damn about going fast but I would like a 72" machine. The Kawi is close at 68". throw 35s on it and I bet it's close to 70-71" OAW. I have not see a 4 seat in person so not sure on the rear seat room but the 2 seat models have a pretty good space behind the seats to stash backpack, small tool bag or other stuff. The bed is pretty tall on them and one friend's wife is pretty short. He put one of those hitch steps in the rear hitch so she can reach into the cooler. :laughing:

They are built like tanks from what I have seen too.

They are built like tanks from what I have seen too.
Agreed on all points but the Brakes. Got a buddy that has driven his new Kiwi ONCE since he got it in January. The rest of the time it has been at the stealership waiting on parts or chasing tail on a Master Cylinder/Brake Line solution. Do some fagbook research, I guess its a real deal issue and the "best" option for repair is an upgraded aftermarket master cylinder that has been on constant backorder.

Agreed on all points but the Brakes. Got a buddy that has driven his new Kiwi ONCE since he got it in January. The rest of the time it has been at the stealership waiting on parts or chasing tail on a Master Cylinder/Brake Line solution. Do some fagbook research, I guess its a real deal issue and the "best" option for repair is an upgraded aftermarket master cylinder that has been on constant backorder.
I was unaware of an issue the KRX had with brakes.. well that sucks.

Semi local dealer at LOTO has a 4 seat KRX with the electronic shocks for $27k. Helluva lot cheaper than a Turbo R4 Ultimate 🤔.

both friends that have them run 35s with no mods that I know of. Almost like Kawi engineered them for 35s but the bean counters wouldn't let them offer them that way. lol

How are they in the medium stuff (decent visibilty, low consequence, random rocks or g-outs aka "open high desert")?

Not that I intend to ever buy another SxS, but my 72" CanAm on 35s is just constantly at 30-35, easy to get over 40 even with some random wash outs. I rarely use the 172 hp or whatever, not that it puts it down vs spinning the tires anyway.

Most of the trails in MO are 5-20 mph max. mostly 10 mph trails. I have not ridden in one on the trails so I can't comment on visibility. they look kinda tall and tippy but neither one has commented that they are. They crawl like a MFer though from what I have seen and they have great engine braking.

Figured I'd update this thread in case anybody actually gives a fuck.......

Transfer case is back together with some updated parts from Honda along with a new input shaft from Cryo-Heat.

20230703_183931.jpg

I spent last week after work and all day yesterday putting the bottom end of the engine back together with a taller 6th gear, new crank/rod bearings and the 12-1 pistons I have for it. The head is current at a machine shop in AZ getting ported, +1mm valves installed along with new BC springs, BC titanium retainers, bronze guides and a performance valve job. Im also having him take 35 thousandths off the head to bring the compression up. If I did my math right, with the .023 Cometic head gasket I bought (stock is .028) and the .035 shave job I should be right around 13-1 static compression. Head should be back in the next week or two and once I get that back and the engine fully assembled it shouldn't take all that much to get it back in the car and ready to fire up. :smokin:

20230715_235923.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, also forgot to mention that my friend from SxS racing and his wife came over for a party last weekend and dropped their YXZ short course car off at my house. They told me if I wanted to race it that I am more than welcome to because it just sits in their garage and doesn't get used anymore. I drove the car around a bit and it's definitely fast enough to get the job done but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable racing sombody else's car. That bolt on cage with no A pillar bar doesn't exactly inspire confidence either...... :laughing:

20230708_171644.jpg

20230709_134251.jpg

Last edited:
All the parts are back in your hands and you’re doing it yourself now?

Yup. I bought the tools to pull the bottom end apart and did it all myself. The head is at Pease Custom Performance in Phenoix, AZ and they have been nothing but awesome to deal with unlike the last guy.

Top Back Refresh