What's new

Simple'72 Revamp

Too loud at idle and part throttle?

Too loud at WFO?

Or both?

Where did you place the in/out on the custom muffler?
Both. Without coms was pretty much outta the question. Pulling up next to a buddy and talking from rig to rig wasn't an option unless you wanted to yell. I'll take some pics after work with the mufflers mounted in the jeep 👍

1000002010.jpg

I built a couple mufflers once, but they sure weren't that pretty!

Other then being too loud, how did that sound? Good tone to it, or just obnoxious-fucking loud?

Mine actually sounded alright, wasn't too loud, but probably didn't flow all that well.

i built a tiny boom tube out old shelfing legs that were 1.5 x3 rectangle, it ended up being almost 2 foot long. nothing fancy like that but would love to take the design and do it in stainless.

i love the sound of this it is so unique,
if you want i can find a vid.
1709729604148.png

i built a tiny boom tube out old shelfing legs that were 1.5 x3 rectangle, it ended up being almost 2 foot long. nothing fancy like that but would love to take the design and do it in stainless.

i love the sound of this it is so unique,
if you want i can find a vid.
1709729604148.png
Love to hear it in a vid!

I built a couple mufflers once, but they sure weren't that pretty!

Other then being too loud, how did that sound? Good tone to it, or just obnoxious-fucking loud?

Mine actually sounded alright, wasn't too loud, but probably didn't flow all that well.
Think the intro to "Hot For Teacher" haha It sounded pretty good, but the harshness/crispness from a chopped super 10 got old by about mid day. If it was routed more towards the back similar to how I have it now would it have changed my tolerance? I don't know. Also, I just cant seem to leave anything alone and wanted to try building somerthing.

The new muffler is also WAY beefier and tucks into the chassis way making it less vulnerable to getting snagged like the last setup.

this is good one because it has my idling away, then about 4k rpm climb its only 45 seconds too. the camera is a little far away. so the sound is faint
the second one is much better, and it is a comparison between my rig as LS to when it was 22rturbo propane on the exact same hill.

Was the boom tube on both the 22r setup and LS?

That's quieter then i would have guessed, is there a muffler in front of it?

The mufflers I built were to go in front of a mini boom tube and exit out the both sides under my 3rd gen fbody, but I never got around to doing it.

Think the intro to "Hot For Teacher" haha It sounded pretty good, but the harshness/crispness from a chopped super 10 got old by about mid day. If it was routed more towards the back similar to how I have it now would it have changed my tolerance? I don't know. Also, I just cant seem to leave anything alone and wanted to try building somerthing.

The new muffler is also WAY beefier and tucks into the chassis way making it less vulnerable to getting snagged like the last setup.

I think I mis-comprehended your post, I took it as the muffler you built was too loud as well.
I'm curious what the muffler you built sounds like.

Volume was only slightly quieter than the super 10 if comparing just the mufflers side by side. The "custom" muffler definitely isn't as harsh and got rid of that tin-y note.

I had the super 10 with the stainless bros resonator originally and swapped to the custom muffler with a vibrant instead. When comparing the new exhaust system as a whole to the existing, it's much more comfortable. You can actually have a conversations if you're standing next to the jeep without yelling.

It's still pretty loud inside the jeep with the top on with everything bouncing around, but already expected that. I'm anxious to get the top off once the weather starts getting better to see what the volume is gonna be like.

Top Back Refresh