What's new

Side Charging ARish

So show where in the regs it says you can't have MG parts in a semi auto
it doesn't, but the ATF does say that "some magic combination might be possible because the ATF was able to get a misfire once"

and if the ATF can get your weapon to malfunction in just the way they want it to, they can use it to destroy your life. sure, you might be able to avoid jail eventually, but it will be hell getting there. Especially with our latest and greatest ATF :shaking: :shaking:

i'm sure somebody has been fucked over because of it, I appreciate the general heads up, I'm not ever going to be concerned about it again going forward though after reading a bunch

Under CA laws [PC 16880(b) mere possession of a select-fire (full-auto/burst) M16/M4 lower parts kit equates to possession of a MG.

Or did you want federal law ?

(c) The term “machinegun” also includes any weapon deemed by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives as readily convertible to a machinegun under Chapter 53 (commencing with Section 5801) of Title 26 of the United States Code.

(Amended by Stats. 2011, Ch. 296, Sec. 228. (AB 1023) Effective January 1, 2012.)

guys on THR talk about this very issue.

1619919442587.png

Of course we're talking about Federal law. Did you think we weren't ?

You're citation for federal code is for machine guns, not parts. Parts are still just parts, if they weren't then you wouldn't be able to buy FA bolts, carriers or hammers for AR's. Yet you can buy all of those every day but wait, theres more ! You can buy AR lowers with the shelf in them ! Oh no, the children are gonna die.

If they can manipulate your gun into firing more than one round with the pull of a trigger then you had a malfunctioning gun, shame on you. Take your lumps. If I understand your story right, you got spanked because of California law, not Federal law.
EDIT: read your post again, who prosecuted you ?

The BATFE are required to film all tests now is because they got caught lying about it and got spanked.

Your reference to THR is information from 2005, lots has changed since then, specifically BATFE allowing the sale of lowers with a shelf. Used to be you couldn't have the self at all, it was as bad as having the 3rd hole.

Not to mention the 100's of thousands of AK's that have all FA parts except the 3rd pin, rate reducer and the slot in the rail. AK's are just the low hanging fruit, pick a surplus rifle. Most of them have FA parts.

Top Back Refresh