What's new

Siberian Express....

yours does too, convection currents in the attic is what we're talking about

guaranteed the 180F in your attic filters up through the roof vents and draws in the nice cool 160F outside air into the soffits
Yea, I understand convection through a structure with an attic... it was more of a joke about this area not having any breeze during the summer, which exaggerates the miserableness. In June anything over 2.5mph is a 'lake wind advisory'.

It’s common to see >45 mph gust winds year round here in the upstate New York.

Usually followed with newly developed neighborhood’s houses with missing vinyl siding sections. :laughing:

Got to work this morning to find we had 3 major water line brakes over the weekend. Maintenance did what they could but it's a mess. The BBQ place nearby is closed till Monday due to water damage.

Got to work this morning to find we had 3 major water line brakes over the weekend. Maintenance did what they could but it's a mess. The BBQ place nearby is closed till Monday due to water damage.

Just got back from my apartments. All kinds of busted pipes. I had everybody running water. I just shut the water off and left.
Lowes is sold out of half the stuff I need. Life sucks.

Just got back from my apartments. All kinds of busted pipes. I had everybody running water. I just shut the water off and left.
But were they really?

If water is included with rent, yea no doubt errbody had their shit cranked open. If water is billed individually, I garundamtee more than a few cut it off "fuck him, I ain't paying for this shit..."

But were they really?

If water is included with rent, yea no doubt errbody had their shit cranked open. If water is billed individually, I garundamtee more than a few cut it off "fuck him, I ain't paying for this shit..."
I pay for all utilities. That still doesn’t mean their not stupid. Some of the pipes were at our restaurant (closed) Those pipes were not run correctly when my wife had the place remodeled. I was out of town. They were done by expensive plumbers.

I guess they were right about a warm front pushing the cold front through. Was -20* last Thursday, then shot up to mid 30s sometime Xmas day. It's now been mid to high 30s since Monday morning and has turned all the snow packed roads and parking lots into polished ice.

Also spent most of the day yesterday clearing a drainage ditch to keep the middle school from flooding. Some idiot gas station down stream filled the main ditch for the area with all their snow from this year. :homer:
20221227_114233.jpg

Next storm hit last night wind noise woke me up when it hit the house, Temp is in the 40s and it's spitting rain all morning, according to wunderground station in town we have had .03 of an inch so far

Last edited:
Do they have Samon's in your area, most people pass them up heading for the big box stores.

Yea, 76* all day and cloudy, the way god intended winter to be. Played outside with the kids till the rain hit at 4:30. Getting dark and chilly- currently 68* and pouring down rain. Might have to cut the AC off here in a bit.

:laughing:
Damn near sweating raking leaves today :homer: needs to be stable over 90 again before I can get used to this heat

Damn near sweating raking leaves today :homer: needs to be stable over 90 again before I can get used to this heat
It's fucking glorious. Winter is suppose to be Tshirt and umbrella season. Get used to it or GO BACK WHERE YOU COME FROM.

:flipoff2:

*it is pretty damn hilarious... almost 80 degrees and my neighbor is basically replumbing his well insulated shop, that flooded from multiple busted pipes even with the water trickling. :laughing:

It's fucking glorious. Winter is suppose to be Tshirt and umbrella season. Get used to it or GO BACK WHERE YOU COME FROM.

:flipoff2:

*it is pretty damn hilarious... almost 80 degrees and my neighbor is basically replumbing his well insulated shop, that flooded from multiple busted pipes even with the water trickling. :laughing:
I'd be impressed that my 2' tall bare 3/4" hose bibs randomly in the yard didn't burst except that they've obviously been through this for many years :laughing:

Nope, I need summer back. Stay warm or stay cold, this cold then hot season is fucking terrible :flipoff2:

Nope, I need summer back. Stay warm or stay cold, this cold then hot season is fucking terrible :flipoff2:
Agreed x10.

I would be waaaay more winter-tolerant if I lived out west. It's cold every day, 1.8% humidity, sun blasting 90% of the time. I can do that. Meanwhile we're Seattle with twice the rain and none of the heroin or cool bands.

Agreed x10.

I would be waaaay more winter-tolerant if I lived out west. It's cold every day, 1.8% humidity, sun blasting 90% of the time. I can do that. Meanwhile we're Seattle with twice the rain and none of the heroin or cool bands.
I think how it works is: build a good local heroin scene, then cool bands will just show up - maybe try that :flipoff2:

I think how it works is: build a good local heroin scene, then cool bands will just show up - maybe try that :flipoff2:
Even if we had free heroin, cool bands aren't going to come here. You just gotta trust me on this. We'd get one, and it would be new country soundgarden.

tailgatin' the sun, won't you come
these crops sure need some rain
tailgaitin' the sun, won't you come... won't you come

Even if we had free heroin, cool bands aren't going to come here. You just gotta trust me on this. We'd get one, and it would be new country soundgarden.

tailgatin' the sun, won't you come
these crops sure need some rain
tailgaitin' the sun, won't you come... won't you come
Seattle hasn't had a "cool band" for 40-50 years either. Just heroin, suicide and taxes

:laughing:
Nirvana

checks boxes
-heroin
-suicide
I'm sure there are taxes in there, but I cannot confirm :grinpimp:

Formed in 1987...well, I'll round 35 up to 40 and call it close enough :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh