What's new

Shop Lighting

Mine were rectangular high bay lights Lithonia Lighting CPHB 24LM MVOLT 40K CPHB LED High Bay, Compact Pro Industrial LED High Bay there are these 24,000 lumens Lithonia Lighting CPHB 30LM MVOLT 50K CPHB LED High Bay, Compact Pro Industrial LED High Bay and these that are 30,000 ….. I don’t think you can understand how bright these are or how amazing they are until you have them in a shop . My brother bought ONE for a 40x60 farm shop that already had a dozen other lights and the difference was amazing .

Mine were rectangular high bay lights Lithonia Lighting CPHB 24LM MVOLT 40K CPHB LED High Bay, Compact Pro Industrial LED High Bay there are these 24,000 lumens Lithonia Lighting CPHB 30LM MVOLT 50K CPHB LED High Bay, Compact Pro Industrial LED High Bay and these that are 30,000 ….. I don’t think you can understand how bright these are or how amazing they are until you have them in a shop . My brother bought ONE for a 40x60 farm shop that already had a dozen other lights and the difference was amazing .
After working in my dad's shop with 16 8' fluorescent fixtures, with no less than 5-6 of them burnt out or flickering my whole life you will find nobody that appreciates quality lighting more than me... I don't think I have ever used my corded work light in my shop.

Honestly it’s worth it to buy one and put it in your most trafficked area just to see how bright they are . Not cheap but well worth it . And city electric haggled a good bit I got them a lot less than list price .

I like the LEDs , but I don’t think you need that many. My shop is 40 by 60 and I have 4 double tube 8’ lights. It is lit up fine for walking around and finding stuff. If your working on something, you will bring in a close light anyways.
wow. I got 11 in my 30x40. Slowly changing over to leds as they burn out

I did a mixture of 2 and 4 bulb 4ft T5HO fixtures. LEDs weren't quite cheap enough at the time, they will be replaced as the burn up. None have died as of yet.

In any case, in almost 1000sqft I have 20 bulbs up at 16' high. 4650 lumens/ea makes for about 90 lumens/sqft, combined with white walls. I love it.

Got three of them hung up and these things are bright. I’m thinking three rows of 3 along the bottom of the trusses should be plenty.
08B964F3-68CF-4C18-BD68-2287FCBF8729.jpeg
image.jpg

I've dragged my ass so long dealing with the ceiling, that I have almost enough light between wall-hung fixtures and task lighting. Just a mix of various 4' T8 and few 4' LED; either free/garage-sale or given to me. Almost zero cost.

I expect to put in about 4-6 ufo highbay LED things eventually.

Got three of them hung up and these things are bright. I’m thinking three rows of 3 along the bottom of the trusses should be plenty.

What temperature and wattage did you go with?

I've got about 50 x 30. I have these horizontal members running between the trusses and I think I'm going to start with a row on every other one - perpendicular to the trusses. That'll give me 12 or 15 8' fixtures, depending if I do 4 or 5 per row. And probably another 8 to do the machine shop size. I'll probably order 30 or so in case I need to add any to brighten up any areas....plus having a few matching spares on the shelf would be nice if any die. I'm sure you'll never find the exact same ones in a couple years and it'd drive me nuts to have a random non-matching one in the middle of a run!

1642197348545.png

This is what I went with, snagged it from the link above. Hoping to have the rest of them hung up by the end of the weekend and I’ll snag another picture. The white paint on the spray foam helps brighten it up to I think.
B2EF0479-58E9-4A74-A809-9EDF719EF128.png

Mine arrived yesterday.

Kind of bummed that they only come with 5 power cords. The way my outlets are lay out, I’ll need to buy more… or move outlets.

Otherwise… tested and bright af.

C-Lite LED Round UFO High Bay Light | C-HB-A-RD-7L Series | 5000K | Black | Reflector Sold Separately

We've been using a lot of these in various lumen sizes. I use the 7500 lumen version for temp lighting on projects, and just installed some in my shop at home. 22' x 40' with 13' ceiling height. 7 of these made it bright enough that you don't need any task lighting. I'm using the 24k lumen version in a 120' x 200' fab shop as soon as they get the floors poured. According to our photometric drawings it'll be 50fc through the whole shop.

ufo2.jpg

C-Lite LED Round UFO High Bay Light | C-HB-A-RD-7L Series | 5000K | Black | Reflector Sold Separately

We've been using a lot of these in various lumen sizes. I use the 7500 lumen version for temp lighting on projects, and just installed some in my shop at home. 22' x 40' with 13' ceiling height. 7 of these made it bright enough that you don't need any task lighting. I'm using the 24k lumen version in a 120' x 200' fab shop as soon as they get the floors poured. According to our photometric drawings it'll be 50fc through the whole shop.

ufo2.jpg
They are great. Have in my shop and house. 2 of 10 I originally installed 4 years back died though. Im not sure what the life span was supposed to be.

They are great. Have in my shop and house. 2 of 10 I originally installed 4 years back died though. Im not sure what the life span was supposed to be.
Check on warranty. The ones I linked have a 5-year, a lot of the commercial grade lights we install have a 10-year. The manufacturers are usually really good about honoring the warranty and sometimes will go as far as covering the labor to replace also.

High bay UFO type off amazon they will give you a suggested layout too for free. Only have 5 of the suggested 8 in a 42x56x14 and probably good enough but i will eventually get all 8. 21,000 Lm per fixture

These showed up yesterday. 25 of the 8' ones. I'm going to start out with 3 rows of 4 on the big side and see what it look like. Probably 6 total in the machine shop side. That'll give me some spares to fill in dark areas or a few extras in case any die too quickly.

1643291460643.png

Mine arrived yesterday.

Kind of bummed that they only come with 5 power cords. The way my outlets are lay out, I’ll need to buy more… or move outlets.

Otherwise… tested and bright af.
The power cords are sort of a issue. I was going to put them on the bottom of my roof purlins but they aren't long enough to reach so I either have to cut/extend or make new ones.

There's a name for that connector type but IDK what off the top of my head. It's fairly standard. You can just buy longer cords on eBay/Alibaba.

These showed up yesterday. 25 of the 8' ones. I'm going to start out with 3 rows of 4 on the big side and see what it look like. Probably 6 total in the machine shop side. That'll give me some spares to fill in dark areas or a few extras in case any die too quickly.

1643291460643.png
Those are 8'? How long is that box?

There's a name for that connector type but IDK what off the top of my head. It's fairly standard. You can just buy longer cords on eBay/Alibaba.
Yeah I was thinking about that just now, I'll dig on that connector and see if I can find white extensions.

The power cords are sort of a issue. I was going to put them on the bottom of my roof purlins but they aren't long enough to reach so I either have to cut/extend or make new ones.
Yeah... picked up some on amazon. Easy fix, just a bummer. I stared at the ceiling for 45 minutes and came to conclusion that I'd ether be buying cords or completely moving electrical...

Yeah... picked up some on amazon. Easy fix, just a bummer. I stared at the ceiling for 45 minutes and came to conclusion that I'd ether be buying cords or completely moving electrical...
Can you post up the ones you got?

1643295087872.png

Picked up these. One 4 pack and 1 2 pack. The 2-pack didn't have switches. Haven't installed them yet - might wait on ceiling tin.
and you confirmed they are the correct plug? I think I got it backwards, should be C5 not C6.

Top Back Refresh