What's new

Shit you own that has lasted way longer than expected.

the conservative atheist

😷😷😷ㅤ=ㅤ🐑🐑🐑
Member Number
Have a SnapOn MG-series impact gun that almost never gets lubed and is still going strong after 10 years of daily use. Remarkable really.

Insignia powered computer speakers, nearly 10 years old and has blasted a lot of music and still sounds fine.

Finally replaced my old 24" DVI Samsung flat screen monitor after it shit the bed after 13 years of daily use.

2007 Chevy 2500. It's has 250k on it, and gets used A LOT. It's on its 3rd transmission, but the engine still runs like a top. (Knock on wood)

2007 Chevy 2500. It's has 250k on it, and gets used A LOT. It's on its 3rd transmission, but the engine still runs like a top. (Knock on wood)

Knock on wood hell... knock on cold startup. :flipoff2:

I've got an 05 (same truck, 6.0) with 210k so far and nothing but fluid changes and consumables.

Edit- i don't know my years. 07 is gay body style. Nvrmnd

Last edited:
Knock on wood hell... knock on cold startup. :flipoff2:

I've got an 05 (same truck, 6.0) with 210k so far and nothing but fluid changes and consumables.

Edit- i don't know my years. 07 is gay body style. Nvrmnd

You're right, you don't. 2007 was "classic" until midway through. 2007.5 is new body, same power train though.

A small bandsaw bought through harbor freight 25 plus years ago. For 13 years it was in use almost daily. Change blades and occasionally adjust guides. Still doing great.

A set of snap on ratchets 34 years ago. Used one of them today.

a Dayton drill press that was used when I got it 20 plus years ago. Used it yesterday. I've never even changed belts. Lol

I own multiple 2004-2007 chevy 2500 hds with the 6.0 that are my service trucks.

Each has been beaten like a red headed step child, oil never gets changed, only added when the lifters start ticking. Not once since new has the tranny fluid been even been checked.

Lowest mileage is 269,000 and highest is 313,000. Water pumps and a couple alternators are the only things I’ve ever done.

Edit: I put new bearings and gears in 1 last year.

Side note, shit I expected to last longer. Snap on tools. Junk, absolute junk.

I own multiple 2004-2007 chevy 2500 hds with the 6.0 that are my service trucks.

Each has been beaten like a red headed step child, oil never gets changed, only added when the lifters start ticking. Not once since new has the tranny fluid been even been checked.

Lowest mileage is 269,000 and highest is 313,000. Water pumps and a couple alternators are the only things I’ve ever done.

I gotta admit....they are great trucks. And aside from the 9mpg from the 6.0, I really like them

I gotta admit....they are great trucks. And aside from the 9mpg from the 6.0, I really like them

I hate the mileage, but the cost of operation completely makes it worth it.

Ive had multiple E250’s with the 5.4 and they could get 14-15 easy. Problem is, they always ended up costing more to operate at the end of the year due to repairs.

I grabbed a Husqvarna zero turn off Facebook for $250. It has almost 900 hours, I put a new deck, belt, pulleys and blades for $450 and used it for 2 years sometimes like a bushog. It doesn't burn any oil and always worked until one of the little tabs came off the coil. I put new ones on and it won't start. I bought a Kubota so I need to get the Husqvarna going again to sell it.
it's ugly and cheap but I have been impressed with how it held up.

86 trx250/thread

I fuckin swore I was gonna drive it until it quit. One day the kickstarter stayed down, so we towed it and while I was getting towed I figured "what the hell" and shifted into gear. Dragged the tires about 50 feet, then heard a big internal engine crunch and she fired right up. From then on it was electric start only.

I finally gave it to a friend when it would not die.

I can remember going down big stupid hills in the bush (and it had no brakes). I would just hop off and let it go on it's own. Then slide down to the bottom of the hill, flip it back on it's wheels and keep going. One day a bunch of us were going round a lake and there was a deep trench cut in the bank. I went in with the trx250 and let everyone else drive on top of my bike to cross the trench. We pulled it up out the other side and carried on.

Actually this just came up recently. I bought a couple snowmobiles for my son and I to boot around in this winter. I haven't owned a sled in about 15 years. Of course we needed to get new riding gear. I needed everything except for a jacket because the CKX jacket I bought about 20 years ago and wear all the time in the winter is still in perfect condition. So CKX for the win.

My 1960s Ariens snowblower. I bought it off my grandad in 1988 for $100. He bought it new. Original engine, auger, gas tank and tire chains. Still runs like a champ.

My 1999 k2500 ccsb. 315k miles and starting to get tired but still strong enough to pull a car across the country. Also the original 5.7 and 4l80e.

Last edited:
86 trx250/thread

I fuckin swore I was gonna drive it until it quit. One day the kickstarter stayed down, so we towed it and while I was getting towed I figured "what the hell" and shifted into gear. Dragged the tires about 50 feet, then heard a big internal engine crunch and she fired right up. From then on it was electric start only.

I finally gave it to a friend when it would not die.

I can remember going down big stupid hills in the bush (and it had no brakes). I would just hop off and let it go on it's own. Then slide down to the bottom of the hill, flip it back on it's wheels and keep going. One day a bunch of us were going round a lake and there was a deep trench cut in the bank. I went in with the trx250 and let everyone else drive on top of my bike to cross the trench. We pulled it up out the other side and carried on.

They are great bikes. Here's mine, and it still runs like a top

photo34209.jpg

My 3.4 toyota timing belt. Everyone says they will fail if you don't change them every 100k miles, I did it at 310k and the mechanic was pretty certain it was original :laughing:​​​​​​

Basically anything I don't expect to last does, whenever I spend more for something better, it seems to be shit :laughing:

86 trx250/thread

I bought my daughter an 85 TRX 125 about 3 years ago. It's a beast that wont die. She's been waiting for it to snow here so she can go rip and tow her sister around on the sled.

My Vi-Air compressor. It's installed on the driver inner fenderwell in my TJ. It's been through hell and back and just keeps chugging along.

My 1999.5 Chevy 1500. Bought it with 41k on the clock. Drove the shit out of it. Neglected the hell out of it. Done 2 water pumps/thermostats. Radiator once, upgraded to the bigger one, finally exploded the 10 bolt at 320k. Now over 330 with the original stock transmission.

Oh yea and a $12 HF 4.5” grinder that even got left outside in a rain storm. Its got to be 11 ish years old bow and still runs strong. :lmao:

I have a Yamaha AV receiver that my dad bought new for the Super Bowl in 1997. He gave it to me a few years after that and I've had it ever since. Aside from the power going out it's been turned off maybe 5 times in 24 years. Remote died about a decade ago, used to use my phone when they were building IR into them, but they stopped that a few years ago.

Did blink itself on and off a few times for a while 3-4 years ago. Thought it was dying but it hasn't done it in like 2 years. :laughing:

Oh yea and a $12 HF 4.5” grinder that even got left outside in a rain storm. Its got to be 11 ish years old bow and still runs strong. :lmao:

I left a Bosch cordless drill outside for 10 minutes. Very brief rain shower passed and it was toast. Thought they made better products but I guess it was never made to be waterproof. I actually bought the same drill afterwards because I already had multiple batteries and I liked the ergonomics.

A 3lb sledge hammer from harbor freight I bought 20 years ago. Nothing from there usually lasts 20 minutes with me operating it, let alone 20 years.

A old troybilt self propelled push mower that I inherited from my parents after they beat it up for years, then the dude at their rental house beat up for years. I got it, sharpened the blade with a flap wheel in the grinder, changed the oil, and cleaned the carb. Besides 1 other time when I replaced the carb completely it starts and cuts and gets the job done. It smokes when it starts, but it starts and runs.

I left a Bosch cordless drill outside for 10 minutes. Very brief rain shower passed and it was toast. Thought they made better products but I guess it was never made to be waterproof. I actually bought the same drill afterwards because I already had multiple batteries and I liked the ergonomics.

Matches my Bosch experience as well. Wont buy them as tools again. Yellow or red if I am soending spending

Does my marriage count! Just hit 10 years in September and the person that introduced us almost didn't come to our wedding because she thought my wife wife was making a mistake and said we wouldn't last after getting married 9 months after meeting.

When I started my job 20 years ago, there was a 9.6v Makita drill with 2 batteries. No idea how old it was when I inherited it. Those batteries still held a charge until this year. Granted it was very lightly used over the years but one of the batteries was constantly in the charger.

When I started my job 20 years ago, there was a 9.6v Makita drill with 2 batteries. No idea how old it was when I inherited it. Those batteries still held a charge until this year. Granted it was very lightly used over the years but one of the batteries was constantly in the charger.

them white bendy impact screwdriver things?
yeah, they go forever
you can re-cell the batteries pretty easy

Top Back Refresh