What's new

Scissor lift trailer

had a Cam single axle for our 19' and 32' scissors, it didn't do alot more than that, always needed a bigger trailer. Had to put a winch on it and abrasive deck coating for added traction. I think a 16' tilt deck tandem would be more useful.

something like this, choose your brand.

That’s kind of what I’ve decided. Those are harder to find around here, though. The little single axles are everywhere, or big 26 footers.

All I can add is don't use your dump trailer.:lmao:

I did and one time it was damp from the fog. Went on one hell of a ride. :laughing::lmao::homer:

See, it couldn't climb the ramps, so, when I'd load it I'd tilt the bed for the right angle. All was good till it wasn't. :eek::lmao:

I still crack up thinking about my ride off the back of the trailer while still "driving" forward spinning the whole way. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Anybody ever tried driving a scissor lift up a trailer with a fancy Blackwood lumber deck? It seems like a good thing but I’ve never actually messed with the stuff.

Anybody ever tried driving a scissor lift up a trailer with a fancy Blackwood lumber deck? It seems like a good thing but I’ve never actually messed with the stuff.

That's the grip tape looking stuff?

I was thinking that would probably be perfect for those type of tires.

That's the grip tape looking stuff?

I was thinking that would probably be perfect for those type of tires.

Had the blackwood lumber on my diamond C gooseneck before my current one, it was pretty cool. Lots more grip than steel and seemed to hold up a lot better than the straight wood decks.

Switched to a hydraulic dove for the my big trailer and ill never look back. Dovetails just drag on everything, the slope into my shop is marred to fuck from the bottom of the tails of trailers.

but to keep this somewhat on track, i agree with BUCKLAND the 16' is the ticket as it can wear more hats than the single axle trailer

Had the blackwood lumber on my diamond C gooseneck before my current one, it was pretty cool. Lots more grip than steel and seemed to hold up a lot better than the straight wood decks.

Switched to a hydraulic dove for the my big trailer and ill never look back. Dovetails just drag on everything, the slope into my shop is marred to fuck from the bottom of the tails of trailers.

but to keep this somewhat on track, i agree with BUCKLAND the 16' is the ticket as it can wear more hats than the single axle trailer
That’s where I’m at. One of the local places is supposed to be getting me a price on a 16’ load trail with Blackwood deck this morning. I’d hoped to get this done this week but that’s looking unlikely.

I can’t figure out why the 14-18’ tandem tilts aren’t more common.

The 20-22' just work so well for skid steers and mini ex's to still have room in the front for attachments.
This.
The local lots carry the 20' tandem tilts, 16' with 4' front deck. Most of the 14-16' on the lots are ramp trailers.

Top Back Refresh