What's new

School me on 9" ratios

Same, but that isn't an issue in my opinion. Going 1" larger on the BC isn't going to cut down on flex that much. A load bolt pretty much eliminates any difference in strength anyway. If you're running a spool, carrier size isn't an issue either.
Spools definitely have their place, but for 4WS trail/crawler cars, a tcase with front dig and a selectable rear locker are huge assets...and that's where the 9" falls short.

Granted, I'm not sure there's a big enough market any more to cater to that crowd by building a bigger/stronger 9", but like TechTim said, if you're already beefing up everything else and basically custom making all the components for the 9" why not go the whole way?

Got around to setting up my 3rd member Saturday with a buddies help. The ecgs spool (probably yukon) does not work with the gearworks load bolt case without major grinding on the spool for the load bolt to be effective. Moral of the story is dont be a cheap ass and buy gearworks spool.

Yeah they gotta be a certain OD on the flange for the load bolt to clear

Got around to setting up my 3rd member Saturday with a buddies help. The ecgs spool (probably yukon) does not work with the gearworks load bolt case without major grinding on the spool for the load bolt to be effective. Moral of the story is dont be a cheap ass and buy gearworks spool.

I have a 35 spline GW spool on the shelf if you need one or a measurement.

Good to know.

Top Back Refresh