What's new

Ruff Stuff Specialties.......

SLOWPOKE693

🖕TROUBLES🖕
race
Member Number
Loc
Somewhere in Texas
This company worth a fuck anymore? I ordered 20 threaded trick tabs from them last week for my SxS roof and haven't heard shit since. Invoice has some bullshit at the bottom that i didn't catch at first and didn't see posted on their web site.(see below) Its 20 fucking tabs that are common not a custom axle housing or anything. How hard can it be to put them in a box and get them out the fucking door once you take my fucking money??? :mad3:

I ordered 20 Dzus fastners, springs, plates and rivets from Tim Mcamis race cars the night after the ruff stuff order and those came in 3 days.

Screenshot_20201224-084656_Yahoo Mail.jpg

/Rant.

They are normally very good and fast. I know Dan stepped aside and the son is the man now. They have always been good to me.

The USPS part is probably your problem. Several of my recent order from various vendors have taken twice as long to receive. Had to file a claim with them to find it.

Sponsored ass hole here so take this FWIW.

I talk to them pretty often. They are a little short staffed because of the covid stuff (our off road rep Morgan Miller quit and went somewhere else) They have been slammed since the Black Friday sale and are definitely using up more along the lines of 5 to 7 to 10 days to process orders. I ordered a ton of stuff on November 30th for our KOH prep. They didn’t process my order till Dec 10th, packages arrived Dec 22nd.

That’s definitely out of the norm for them. I’m used to placing and order and having it ship same day. They aren’t making axle housings currently and are sold out of most of them.

RuffStuff is still expanding, still growing. They have a warehouse with a shipping department separate from the office where you placed the order. They’ve got people doing nothing else but packing boxes 5 days a week from 8 am to 5 pm. They are working through an abnormally busy time currently.

You place an order on a Saturday during Christmas and are upset when it isn't to your door in two days?:lmao:

I don't know how often USPS stops by their shop but they do pallet load(s) every day.

They aren't open Sundays. And per their policy, not processed before 2pm PST. Also per their rules, they use "shit" shipping if you order online. If you needed expedited, you needed to call it in.

I've never had an issue with them or shipping. OTOH, when I really need something at a time, I call it in then spend a bunch of time driving to their shop.

"Hello, retard department? Yes one of your subjects has gotten loose and ordered something online 5 days before christmas and during a pandemic and is upset it isnt in the mail with in 4 hours............ yes hes seems very upset............. yes hes definitely retarded...........ok ill let him know............ok thanks for your understanding."

Bro, i got bad news for you

Yup.

Tim Mcamis Race Cars: ordered 5 days before Christmas.....

Summit Racing: ordered 5 days before Christmas....

Speedway Motors: ordered 5 days before Christmas.....

And even the Helmet I ordered off Ebay last week.....

ALL delivered yesterday and all during a fake ass "pandemic" I must be the luckiest retard in the world. :shaking:

Any other excuses you can think of smart guy?

My wife got me their prerunner u bolt eliminator kit for Xmas this year. Ordered it last week and it showed up yesterday. So I'd say yeah they're still good

Last edited:
My Black Friday order arrived, no hassle. But my items only had to be packaged, not made.

It wouldn’t surprise me, that with a company like this, that they are trying to keep the “we make ourselves” items low in stock.

Having money sitting on the floor in made parts that are not selling is expensive, same with storage of said parts.

Also, i want throw out there that i remember ordering stuff from them when they had a shitty red website and all they sold were link tabs and heim joints. One dude was running everything and now they hold a massive stake in this industry and mother fuckers gonna come on here bitching about some gay ass SxS tabs not getting to him within 4 days.

Fuckin what happened to this sport.

All I want is a fucking tracking number. I dont expect shit to be here that quick from Cali but I do expect them to make an effort to put the shit in a box and create a label after several days of having my money.

Ballistic would have gotten me my shit.... :flipoff2:

Yup.

Tim Mcamis Race Cars: ordered 5 days before Christmas.....

Summit Racing: ordered 5 days before Christmas....

Speedway Motors: ordered 5 days before Christmas.....

And even the Helmet I ordered off Ebay last week.....

ALL delivered yesterday and all during a fake ass "pandemic" I must be the luckiest retard in the world. :shaking:

Any other excuses you can think of smart guy?

Dude, an excuse is when you try to explain why something went wrong

NOTHING WENT WRONG!! What don't you understand?

You ordered shit when it clearly said 3-7 to get your shit out. Then USPS during fucking Christmas season. With all the Covid shit. You are not even out of that 3-7 day window to GET IT OUT and you are whining like a **** on a publoc forum and calling them out because it isn't delivered yet :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You could have clearly ordered from somewhere else. You didn't. Now you have tears and it is of course someone's fault for you poor planning

Cancel the order and spend that $70 on some reading comprehension materials!!

Sponsored ass hole here so take this FWIW.

I talk to them pretty often. They are a little short staffed because of the covid stuff

This isn't meant towards RuffStuff, more of a general observation...but this whole "short staffed since beer flu" stuff is bs. This weakass scamdemic didn't kill off any real amount of people. Everyone who was working before is still capable of working now.

Hearing how people have absolutely lost their minds from the fear mongering and lies.

​​​

I have noticed a bit of difference in them of late even before Christmas but every off road company seems to have been crazy busy since the Der Leaders shut so much down because of the "Chinese Bat Flu". Longer lead times and with Ruff Stuff the pricing has gone up much more than their competitors. Even on their sales others are cheaper and they really get you on shipping costs. Maybe its new management or maybe its California rules and regs. I know I find myself using them less and less.

I would not complain about slow shipping this time of year, thats just stupid.

Dude, an excuse is when you try to explain why something went wrong

NOTHING WENT WRONG!! What don't you understand?

You ordered shit when it clearly said 3-7 to get your shit out. Then USPS during fucking Christmas season. With all the Covid shit. You are not even out of that 3-7 day window to GET IT OUT and you are whining like a **** on a publoc forum and calling them out because it isn't delivered yet :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You could have clearly ordered from somewhere else. You didn't. Now you have tears and it is of course someone's fault for you poor planning

Cancel the order and spend that $70 on some reading comprehension materials!!

I'll make sure I don't take the reading comprehesion class you did, so let me spell this out for you again...... "The 3-7 day before it gets processed" notice is not on their web site. IF IT WAS I WOULD HAVE ORDERED ELSEWHERE.... I didn't get that notice until I PAID FOR THE PARTS... Get it now???

:homer:

If they don't have 20 of these on the shelf to send out they may need to rethink their business plan....

R1584-Extra2.jpg

Last edited:
Find that info stating this on their website so i would have known that BEFORE i paid.

I couldn't find the link to the "how do I order if I am retarded" page but maybe this will work for you.

https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/shipnreturns.html

Shipping Policy
Shipping

Our shipping department works Monday-Friday excluding holidays.
Due to the pandamic there is an increased turn around time. Orders are estimated to ship about 1 week after the order is placed

We ship using US Postal Service flat rate boxes and UPS

Online purchases have the option for standard shipping only. The processing time of new orders is generally 2-4 business days before it leaves our location (depending on current order volume). Times of high order volume (during sales/ holidays) can increase these turn around times. We recommend calling in any orders with a deadline to ensure we can meet your requirements

Next Day, two day, and three-day shipping options are available if you call in your order

https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com...rocessing.html

Orders and Processing
Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, we have had to make some changes to optimize our production. Please expect 4-5 days for shipping turn around times. Also, Please note UPS has made changes to their policy. For walk-in customers, please utilize our Drive Up & Go policy as our Showroom is currently closed. We appreciate your patience!

Last edited:
This isn't meant towards RuffStuff, more of a general observation...but this whole "short staffed since beer flu" stuff is bs. This weakass scamdemic didn't kill off any real amount of people. Everyone who was working before is still capable of working now.

Hearing how people have absolutely lost their minds from the fear mongering and lies.

​​​

I think the being short staffed has more to do with California specific beer flu rules.

Just went back to look at the two previous orders before Thanksgiving and holidays started. I ordered Reid inner C’s on Wednesday Oct 28th, they were delivered Monday morning Nov 2nd. The order before that was rod ends. Ordered on Thursday August 20th, had them Monday morning August 24th.

So normally good and fast, 1000 miles in 4 or 5 days including the weekend. Sorry this ones taking so long.

Has the OP always been a crybaby **** or is this something new? He should link this thread to everything he orders online so anyone who may think about taking an order from him knows what he is dealing with.

I'll make sure I don't take the reading comprehesion class you did, so let me spell this out for you again...... "The 3-7 day before it gets processed" notice is not on their web site. IF IT WAS I WOULD HAVE ORDERED ELSEWHERE.... I didn't get that notice until I PAID FOR THE PARTS... Get it now???

:homer:

If they don't have 20 of these on the shelf to send out they may need to rethink their business plan....

Maybe a math class as well? One week = 7 days :homer::homer:

You are probably right though, a company that is slammed with business that is stretching orders out a week to keep up with demand should absolutely rethink their business plan. :homer::homer::homer:

Was it Yogi Berra that said, Nobody goes there anymore. Its too crowded.

Just grow the fuck up and own it. You planned poorly, ordered too late for what you wanted, didn't read their shipping policy, didn't call and ask when it would be there, didn't cancel the order when you saw you receipt and order from somewhere else, and then got on here and whined that they are doing exactly what their website and receipt says, now you are whining like the 4 year old I saw a Target yesterday because he isn't getting a toy he wanted.

I ordered their 1 ton steering kit for my wife's jeep on 11/26 (yay black friday deals). They shipped it and sent me a UPS tracking number on 12/1. It got delivered on 12/3. So from ordering to my front door it took 8 days. I could tell they were slammed for the holidays because normally I get stuff here in 3-4 days. I've bought quite a few things off of them while building my jeep, and everything has always shown up quickly, with the correct order in good condition. Can't ask for much more than that.

Meanwhile, Christmas is kicking USPS' ass. The lone dude at my tiny local post office has crazy eyes every time I go in there, has to make his way around piles of boxes to get to the front counter to talk to me, and hasn't been able to find my wife's Christmas present in his giant pile since last week even though the tracking number says "delivered to PO box" on it.

Last edited:
I ordered their 1 ton steering kit for my wife's jeep on 11/26 (yay black friday deals). They shipped it and sent me a UPS tracking number on 12/1. It got delivered on 12/3. So from ordering to my front door it took 8 days. I could tell they were slammed for the holidays because normally I get stuff here in 3-4 days. I've bought quite a few things off of them while building my jeep, and everything has always shown up quickly, with the correct order in good condition. Can't ask for much more than that.

Meanwhile, Christmas is kicking USPS' ass. The lone dude at my tiny local post office has crazy eyes every time I go in there, has to make his way around piles of boxes to get to the front counter to talk to me, and hasn't been able to find my wife's Christmas present in his giant pile since last week even though the tracking number says "delivered to PO box" on it.

That's because he's a government worker. :flipoff2:

Advice, Pro tip, life hack whatever. If those come stainless bolts DO NOT USE THEM!

I ruined the threadsert on all of mine because the stainless threads galled. It’s a race car, you will be taking it apart and putting it together so toss the bolts aand replace them with steel. I used cheap grade 5 bolts for the roof panel.

Advice, Pro tip, life hack whatever. If those come stainless bolts DO NOT USE THEM!

I ruined the threadsert on all of mine because the stainless threads galled. It’s a race car, you will be taking it apart and putting it together so toss the bolts aand replace them with steel. I used cheap grade 5 bolts for the roof panel.

Pro tip/ life hack use wax on the threads of any stainless hardware when you assemble it and you will never have problems

Top Back Refresh