What's new

Road tripping a yj on tons and 40’s

cadman929

Member Number
Alright let me start off by saying this thread is starting after many phases of the jeep. I bought it 7 years ago pretty well stock. Traded some stuff for set of 79 f250 44/60 axles. Wheeled it until i hit a stump doing 50. Then it got a new frame and tons. But anyways theres some pictures in the next reply.

So you’re probably wondering wtf this thread is about. Well i had this dream of road tripping across the us as a kid. Well im going to do it in my rock crawlin yj. Hitting most major national parks and jeep trails on the way to run rubicon/fordyce/ and moab. And this is about the build up of the rig and the trip.

Current setup
1993 jeep yj sport
-4.0/ax15/231
-79 f350 hp60/lp rear 60
-arb/5.13’s chromo’s
-stock 60 with 5.13/spool
-nwfab steering, howe box, tg ram assist, modded stock pump
-rubicon express 1.5” soa springs front
-crown stock v8 swap springs rear
-motobilt shackle reversal
-2.5” foxes all around with 2.0 bumps
-bolted in cage kit, rockhardoffroad?
-6010 fab bumpers etc

Mods before the trip
-v8
-atlas
-new seats
-finish install of bumps/shocks
-lots of testing
-ditch the rear spool/chomollys/disk rear

Honestly thats about it so far. We all know the way these things go. But i will be detailing the engine swap and other parts along the way.

A random jumble of pictures to get to know the rig. It’s mainly used for scouting areas for the buggy and camping. No hardcore rig but stout and fun. I got my bellhousing and motor mounts for the 5.2 swap in today.
IMG_5230.jpeg
IMG_4911.jpeg
IMG_4808.jpeg
IMG_4776.png
IMG_4773.jpeg
IMG_4668.jpeg
IMG_4342.jpeg
IMG_4096.jpeg
IMG_5714.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4336.jpeg
    IMG_4336.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Also managed to get this absolute score $115/knuckle from justdifferentials just so happened to stumble upon them on accident when i was trying to do a little price research
IMG_5832.png

Also managed to get this absolute score $115/knuckle from justdifferentials just so happened to stumble upon them on accident when i was trying to do a little price research
IMG_5832.png

Did you actually receive these? I ordered 2 sets during their sale and keep getting the message that they're in a warehouse they're closing and will be shipped out at some future date that keeps moving.

Did you actually receive these? I ordered 2 sets during their sale and keep getting the message that they're in a warehouse they're closing and will be shipped out at some future date that keeps moving.
According to the site it was the last drivers in stock and there was one passenger left. Well see what happens. All the other knuckles are still full price on their site. I was gonna order chevy ones for the buggy as well but no dice theyre still $520/ea

Got the rear shocks mounted up, this is honestly temporary until i link it front/rear and french shock towers in the rear. I wanted to retain a similar geometry to the raptor these came off of. The mount bolts through the tub to the cage tie in, i might add another tube from just above the plate to closer to the harness bar tube clamp but i dont think itll be an issue. I guess ill find out after the whipsaw trip up in bc next weekend…
IMG_6088.jpeg
IMG_6089.jpeg
IMG_6087.jpeg

Top Back Refresh