What's new

Record used truck prices

I just saw a 05 F250 4x4, v10, 90k, for $15k. Tempted to buy it and sell my 18 Ram for more than I paid for it. I only drive it about 6k a year so it should last me until prices come back down. mmmm choices :homer:
I really hope you don’t think this is a good deal . Reading through some of the responses has me really frightened as to what some of you think things are worth . Value has not went up only what people were willing to pay and the only reason it increased was due to shortages of new vehicles . That problem is nearly gone and the lots will soon be over filled with crazy deals on new vehicles and the cost of fuel continues to sky rocket . Don’t buy into the stupidity . Now is the time to sell and sit not a time to buy .

I really hope you don’t think this is a good deal . Reading through some of the responses has me really frightened as to what some of you think things are worth . Value has not went up only what people were willing to pay and the only reason it increased was due to shortages of new vehicles . That problem is nearly gone and the lots will soon be over filled with crazy deals on new vehicles and the cost of fuel continues to sky rocket . Don’t buy into the stupidity . Now is the time to sell and sit not a time to buy .
I just bought a truck for $150 and another for $900
I feel like I overpaid for the $900 one, but it has a small block pattern ZF5 that'll dump right into the $150 service body truck that doesn't know what gear it wants to choose

For a 6.0 truck? Pass on that price with 275k.

Problem is I'm a picky bastard, and a cclb gas truck with 200k miles is bringing $30k+ right now unless I want a rust bucket from the Midwest

talked to one of our bank reps yesterday. Record profits this year selling repos at auction. They are selling shit for more than new at auction as a repo.

Didn't some of you have a boner for a low miles V10? :flipoff2:

20210802_113219.jpg
20210802_113234.jpg
20210802_113252.jpg
20210802_113322.jpg

Looked like a nice truck over all.

Didn't some of you have a boner for a low miles V10? :flipoff2:

20210802_113219.jpg
20210802_113234.jpg
20210802_113252.jpg
20210802_113322.jpg

Looked like a nice truck over all.
That's 10k more than we paid for a 2002 F350 with about 72k miles, no gooseneck and the smaller extended cab though.
Needed exhaust manifold studs redone and the plow removed, but it's been a good farm truck.

Aaron Z

That's 10k more than we paid for a 2002 F350 with about 72k miles, no gooseneck and the smaller extended cab though.
Needed exhaust manifold studs redone and the plow removed, but it's been a good farm truck.

Aaron Z

I wouldn't pay it. I'm not against a V10 at all, but I'd rather pay half that with more miles. Most of the point of a V10 is the trucks are cheap. Also, I'd really try to get the 05+ body style.

I wouldn't pay it. I'm not against a V10 at all, but I'd rather pay half that with more miles. Most of the point of a V10 is the trucks are cheap. Also, I'd really try to get the 05+ body style.

They used to be cheap, not anymore.

It would probably sell. As long as it's not a complete pile.

I looked at one for a wife rig. $14k mid 2xx miles. Dude couldn't even be bothered to wash it. :homer:

But then what? Go buy a clapped out 2005 suburban for $12k. Or something newer for $50k?

They used to be cheap, not anymore.
Because the "I buy for value" driven crowd was dumb and kept singing praise to the V10 in the presense of the "I just spend money on whatever is cool" crowd.

Stopped by the local Ford dealer, of course no new Super Duty's on the lot. The salesman told me they had a used F350 Platinum for $100,000 and a used Lariat for $85,000 :lmao:

Stopped by the local Ford dealer, of course no new Super Duty's on the lot. The salesman told me they had a used F350 Platinum for $100,000 and a used Lariat for $85,000 :lmao:
well shoot. I'll sell my 5600 mile f350 for $98k and save you dock fees. :flipoff2:

I’m waiting for the paperwork for my JLUR I sold to Vroom. Bought it for 45K a year and a half ago. They offered me 48k and I took off 90% of my aftermarket parts. This is with 14k more miles. :smokin:

The local ford dealer has one king ranch F250 and one lariat F350 in stock for 85k apiece. That's it :eek:

The local Ram dealer has Three 2500 Laramie's, That's it :eek:

The 1/2 ton inventory is a bit better, but if you want a base 3/4 ton or 1 ton your shit out of luck without a drive to another town.

I've thought about buying a new truck but damn those prices are just insane. I'll keep my current one, 66 C10 it's paid for and still runs.

I have been thinking that the prices are insane. Decided to run the nada on my 2016 ram 1500. Rough trade in is 28k. I paid 32 for it new. Makes it hard to not trade it in on another half ton that now 40k

It would probably sell. As long as it's not a complete pile.

I looked at one for a wife rig. $14k mid 2xx miles. Dude couldn't even be bothered to wash it. :homer:

But then what? Go buy a clapped out 2005 suburban for $12k. Or something newer for $50k?
Downsizing, so something smaller. It's the wife's car, and she doesn't need to haul 6 kids around anymore.

So i have my 2008 f350 cclb with a 5.4, 150k miles but drives straight as an arrow.

got new oil pump, chains, and phasers for it. Thinking about the dealer doing the work.

what should I ask for it? Or maybe I should keep it? My '20 still has under 4k miles on it and sitting in the shade.

I bought a 2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 4x4 CCLB back in March; I've put 11k miles on it so far.

Dealer called me last week and offered to buy it back for $10k over what I paid for it. I asked if I could apply that to a new truck, and they said no--it was a cash purchase offer, because they have no new trucks to sell and don't know when they're going to get stock in that isn't already sold. Salesman said they have every truck in future inventory already sold, and a waiting list for new allocations.

It’s a double edged sword.

Yes, if you have an extra vehicle you can live without and don’t need to replace it, sell it. That’s where I am at with my Tacoma and my 4runner. I’m not in love with my 04 4runner, so that’ll go. But my 03 taco, guess what, I’d sell it and be on craigs that night looking for a new one…

So i have my 2008 f350 cclb with a 5.4, 150k miles but drives straight as an arrow.

got new oil pump, chains, and phasers for it. Thinking about the dealer doing the work.

what should I ask for it? Or maybe I should keep it? My '20 still has under 4k miles on it and sitting in the shade.
Have you try put your '20 into vroom and carvana website yet? use the profit to foot the stealership repair bill on the '08 F350

I bought a 2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 4x4 CCLB back in March; I've put 11k miles on it so far.

Dealer called me last week and offered to buy it back for $10k over what I paid for it. I asked if I could apply that to a new truck, and they said no--it was a cash purchase offer, because they have no new trucks to sell and don't know when they're going to get stock in that isn't already sold. Salesman said they have every truck in future inventory already sold, and a waiting list for new allocations.
Unless my profession required the HD truck, I'd be taking that offer immediately, buying a beater 2003ish Avalanche for $3k, and pocketing the cash for when the market plummets

Did you have to submit pictures or anything? Curious how the pickup and payment goes.
No, basic info online. Get offer. Accept it. Send docs requesting more info including condition. Then they send more docs overnight. Send them back (I am here). Then they schedule the pickup. Guy comes to pick it up and takes pics of anything wrong with it. In 2 days you have your money. This will be second vehicle I’ll sell to them if it goes through

Top Back Refresh