What's new

Record used truck prices

Norm

Newb
Member Number
Loc
Cold North
Dang

”“In the space of two months, prices went from double-digit declines to double-digit gains, and have stayed high since June,” he said. In August, KAR Global reported the average price for a full-size pickup hit a record high of $21,557. That’s up $5,166, or 31.5%, since February.”

I've been getting a letter a week from somebody wanting to buy my '18 2500 hemi, offering 5K over KBB sight unseen. That would put me in the 32-33K range for a tradesman with 70,000 miles. I'm not entirely happy with the truck, but the problem is, what would I replace it with? They're all stupid money right now.

I've been getting a letter a week from somebody wanting to buy my '18 2500 hemi, offering 5K over KBB sight unseen. That would put me in the 32-33K range for a tradesman with 70,000 miles. I'm not entirely happy with the truck, but the problem is, what would I replace it with? They're all stupid money right now.

Question is would they honor that when you get to the dealership. That seems like a good price though.

Question is would they honor that when you get to the dealership. That seems like a good price though.

Sure, as a credit against the $70k truck they'd try to sell you.

Something older and make a profit.

Fuck all pricey new trucks. My old pile of shit does what trucks do for $1000. It even has a non-working AC.:flipoff2:

Purchased a 2012 Ram diesel last March and per Craigslist listings it has appreciated in value since the purchase:lmao: My old 98.5 Dodge diesel is worth more than what I bought it for almost 100k miles ago...it's nuts.

Sure, as a credit against the $70k truck they'd try to sell you.

And everyone wonders why used truck prices are high.

I've never owned a new vehicle, and between the price and all the ridiculous shit they hang on them, I never will.

My 6.7l SD doesn't seem to have depreciated in the year and 21k miles I've put on it. Nice.

I specd out an F350 the other day. 4x4, skidplates, rubber mats, $45K.

Nope. That buys a lifetime supply of longblocks that don't come with plastic grilles, OnSatNav, DEF tanks, etc.

Well, what's the salt/rust situation up where you are though?

this is what happens when too much money is chasing too few goods...

Or... the fed government has devalued the dollar another 30%, give or take, since Feb.

Or... Told ya that Quantitative Easing would come back to bite us in the ass.

If you think it's stopping anytime soon, you're probably wrong....

I've been offered just shy of what I paid for my 2016 F350 (purchased used with 7k miles) on trade... twice. I'll admit I would like to have the 10 speed in the new truck, but looks like I"ll have the 2016 for many years.

I paid 3500 for an 02 f350 single wheel 4x4, extended cab with the 7.3 a few weeks ago, and I know I could almost double that selling it

I had a buddy come ask to buy my truck. I threw out a stupid price and he agreed. I thought he was joking. Use the truck too much to sell it off. :laughing:

Are 03 to 07 furd superduty 6.0’s still worth nothing or are those pieces of shit flying off the lot for absurd money as well?

Last edited:
I paid 3500 for an 02 f350 single wheel 4x4, extended cab with the 7.3 a few weeks ago, and I know I could almost double that selling it

That's over $10-12k here if it's not completely clapped out.

Ha, I was just talking to a coworker the other day how my 2000 7.3L F250 4x4 hasn't lost any value in the 7+ years and 60,000 miles I have owned it and might have even appreciated a bit :flipoff2:

I noticed the same thing with Wranglers. I was looking at TJs about 10 years ago, and it seems like they are going for the same prices now with 50,000-100,000 more miles and being 10 years older than they were then :eek:

Was at the dealer last week, they have an identical '19 F150 screw Lariat on the used side for 5K over what I was out the door for when I bought mine new. It had twice the mileage of mine too.

I just keep driving my 10 and 11 year old Chevys that are paid for. I do wish they would quit dumping salt...

Top Back Refresh