What's new

Rear Coilover angle?

I’ll get some pictures as soon as I tack them on. I went with 15*forward just to gain a little travel vs straight. I haven’t touched it hardly since this post but i have it linked in the rear and the rear frame built. So if just needs shock towers to be on its own wieght. Kids and horses eat a stupid amount of time :shaking: not sure when I’ll be able to get to the steel supplier for what I need.

What size (length) coil overs are you running? I have 14" travel 2.5" diameter kings. I'd be interested in what you end up doing. I'm hoping you decide to angle them towards the front so I can see. Are you planning on doing any mods to the tub at all?

What size (length) coil overs are you running? I have 14" travel 2.5" diameter kings. I'd be interested in what you end up doing. I'm hoping you decide to angle them towards the front so I can see. Are you planning on doing any mods to the tub at all?
The tub will be slightly modified:lmao::lmao: got the driver tower made and started the passenger it should be on its own weight tomorrow with any luck.
8579D5BA-3E0B-438E-A769-11AB7A3AFD6E.jpeg
F8089058-9FFE-4095-AE87-E4FFDD0525A6.jpeg
It’ll sit at 11 degrees ride height, 15 bump 7 droop if my math is right. 14x2.5kings as well.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm considering angling the rear shocks forward. I have to get my gas tank situated first. We decided we're not going to do a back seat for the kids. They almost grown anyway and wouldn't like the back of a TJ. I have a GenRight 26 Gal gas tank I'm trying to get tucked up in the tub before I pull the body. I just posted it in the classified section.

Yes, I'll likely have to do some modifications to the Tub, but only what's necessary. I'm still thinking a lot of things over. Now that we know we don't intend to have a back seat, I can start making decisions.

I finally got the rear towers on I had to move them once from frame clearance issues. They now mount on the back of the axel and the eye bolt is even with the to of the axel tube. I obviously don’t have a tub in the way as I cut even more off. Everything cycles and clears now. And I like the geometry, no visible rear steer.
E42DAB33-0C71-4383-9F21-BE791FB0BC07.jpeg
12AA8BDC-65A3-41EF-96D2-A015E99FDBBF.jpeg
12AA8BDC-65A3-41EF-96D2-A015E99FDBBF.jpeg

Top Back Refresh