What's new

Rapey Snap-On Tools

You’d have to hide in another state if you purposely fucked my tools up… just sayin and it ain’t no joke.
I have seen violence done over similar tool fucking. And even worse, I have seen people hold a grudge for years.

You’d have to hide in another state if you purposely fucked my tools up… just sayin and it ain’t no joke.
Company tools…. The horse play ran rampant. Trust me… the mechanics were no angels.

We had a corporate account that swapped out even a certain amount of lost tools under contract.

Personal stuff for the most part was off limits.

Now you know why power prices are so high.

Last edited:
Company tools…. The horse play ran rampant. Trust me… the mechanics were no angels.

We had a corporate account that swapped out even a certain amount of lost tools under contract.

Personal stuff for the most part was off limits.

Now you know why power prices are so high.
Company provide tools for a reason.

To get the job done.

$100 strap-on screwdriver as a pry bar or to jump 12v 500+ amp on a dead solenoid to get back up running? Company say get it done right now, all bets are off. lol

Turbines to toilets… whatever it takes. I’ve seen a $350,000 circ pump with a bad bearing run to destruction to make 24hr run that profited $1M.

No one gives a fuck about a $20 Williams screwdriver.

I have the same tool but older from snap on. There are times I have to be hammer mechanic too but I like my paws so I’ll use the paw saver tool
You keep saying hammer mechanic. Look dude, if you can't fix it with a hammer then you have an electrical problem and need to beat on it with a pair of linesmans pliers.:flipoff2:

You keep saying hammer mechanic. Look dude, if you can't fix it with a hammer then you have an electrical problem and need to beat on it with a pair of linesmans pliers.:flipoff2:
Common saying in the powerhouse world, “if you can’t fix it with a hammer, call an electrician. He will have it fixed as soon as he is done banging your old lady.”

:flipoff2:

Since I don’t have room in my boxes for hammers, I hang them in a peg board above my oldest box. No drawers to hassle opening to slow me down and take up valuable real estate :flipoff2:

These are just the hammers I have in my fab shop not counting the big ones.
IMG_4179.jpeg
IMG_4180.jpeg
IMG_4181.jpeg

Here’s mine for those “rare” occasions I’m a hammer mechanic :flipoff2:

IMG_4182.jpeg

I have seen violence done over similar tool fucking. And even worse, I have seen people hold a grudge for years.
I have a personal law “I don’t fuck with your shit, you best not fuck with mine”.

I do take it very personal as I’ve sacrificed a lot most of my life paying for my tools. I was one who never ever dead bested a snappy tool guy either. I make no apologies for my stance on this matter at all

I'm surprised that orange hammer is still together.
Funny you say that, it was a replacement directly from Mac tools to replace a black one I bought in the late 80’s. The black plastic just cracked apart on it. No problem warranting it at all. I like Mac tools but don’t own a tone of them. No Mac tool guy came by our business for yeeeears after the first guy I dealt with died of cancer. He was a good dude too RIP.

Funny you say that, it was a replacement directly from Mac tools to replace a black one I bought in the late 80’s. The black plastic just cracked apart on it. No problem warranting it at all. I like Mac tools but don’t own a tone of them. No Mac tool guy came by our business for yeeeears after the first guy I dealt with died of cancer. He was a good dude too RIP.
Our orange snap ons from the early/ mid 90s all fell apart. No problem warranting them for the red hammers.

In lieu of oddball stuff I present you with a sidewinder:laughing:

Cannot recall if I ever used the damn thing, lately me thinks it will make a good oil pan ratchet, keeps the hands away from hot oil:homer:

Much like Pegleg I am very protective of my tools, I fully understand what he says. A small number of people I would loan a tool out to, that number is also dwindling.

Attachments

• 20240427_152410.jpg
    20240427_152410.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240427_152420.jpg
    20240427_152420.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
Gtrplyr78 :lmao:

I have that exact same thing for several years now. To this day I can’t find a good use for it.
My pops picked it up at a swapmeet years ago for a princely sum of $5.50 (it was sporting a small orange sticker until not long ago).

I sort of look at it as a speed wrench, as long as one has room for that massive head. Like spark plug jobs, oil changes, rebuilding an engine and such...

Believe it or not they still sell it, seen it on Amazon for $60 or so hahaha

In lieu of oddball stuff I present you with a sidewinder:laughing:

Cannot recall if I ever used the damn thing, lately me thinks it will make a good oil pan ratchet, keeps the hands away from hot oil:homer:

Much like Pegleg I am very protective of my tools, I fully understand what he says. A small number of people I would loan a tool out to, that number is also dwindling.
My dad needed a ¼" one of those the other day :lmao:.

I have a lookalike set of those precision micro screwdrivers somewhere in the house.

What are those two flexible material rods on the right? Is that a magnetic pickup end on one of them?
The two flexible things are an old weak ass magnet that rarely gets used anymore and an old thumb press retractable finger grabber that gets used a fair amount of time.

One is a magnet the other one is tweezers used to pull the tracking device out of your head through your nose.
Tracking device in his head eh? Sounds a bit painful. I remember seeing something like that in a movie or two. I think one they were pulling out some kind of slimy worm looking thing?!? :eek::laughing:

Naturally I haven’t used mine for that… yet. It has saved the day a bunch tho though it’s life since the late 80’s.

Harbor freight has small "rare earth magnets" I would epoxy one to the end of that to make it useful again.
I have a bunch of other magnetics I use really. If you look at my drawer photo you’ll see one of them with a black handle and black vinyl rubber cover over the magnet end. It’s one of my most powerful ones on an extendable stick.

I may try to do something with the flexible one or just buy a new one of those. It’s kinda neat as it has a stiffener rod inside the flexible outer. You can unscrew half the handle and remove it to make it really flexible.

I doubt I paid near that much for mine at HF

HF no longer selling them. Shocker.
I bought one somewhere too. I think mine extends longer also. Used it maybe twice. Got one of the goofy ones that moves the socket only 1 way on both strokes too. I buy odd ratchets because why not?
ETA Heres another odd one I found
s-l1200.jpg

Last edited:
I needed to use one of my snap on shorty ratchet screwdrivers and it was freakin locked up solid :eek::confused: so I dug out the other one and same thing :eek::confused:

Dribbled some air tool oil in around the ratchet assembly and worked it with pliers and freed them up. Not sure what grease they used but it doesn’t like setting for years. Yeah, years :laughing:

My long shaft ones get used so no issues there. Fawkers stuck up on me

IMG_4246.jpeg

Top Back Refresh