What's new

Race truck 4653

50923828253_47853ec2a1_b.jpg

50924513046_7c045cdcc3_b.jpg

50924512936_e43f9c5338_b.jpg

How would a new housing change drive shaft length? Did your pinion angle change? Because the mounting face has to be the same distance from center of the axle shafts.

are you running stock gears in there or 4:1?

Well the gears that drive the front output are definitely stock :flipoff2:​​​​​​

I'm curious if he tries to use high range in the desert or tries to bang 2.28. If it were me, I'd probably run dual stock gears, leave the rear in all the time and toggle the crawl box for rocks.

Well the gears that drive the front output are definitely stock :flipoff2:​​​​​​

I'm curious if he tries to use high range in the desert or tries to bang 2.28. If it were me, I'd probably run dual stock gears, leave the rear in all the time and toggle the crawl box for rocks.

hey now :flipoff2: i'm just curious about overall case stress :flipoff2:

4.70:1 gear is installed in the rear transfer case. The front transfer case reduction unit retains the stock 2.28:1 low ratio.

How would a new housing change drive shaft length? Did your pinion angle change? Because the mounting face has to be the same distance from center of the axle shafts.

This was my thought as well but maybe the overall position of the axle on the different holes on the spring perches. They give you three holes on the perches of a RA axle.

Just going back and looking at the pic ,and if your a redneck engineer, keyboard engineer, or a legit engineer. The gear set is a suck /push scenario :flipoff2: and like link suspension there is not enough triangulation. You can take all the the super metals on earth and it still won't make a damn bit of sense to have a ring gear mounted and have no bone to back it up. My 2 cents is a stock carrier has more ability to fight deflection because of design (flat out more material from ID of ring gear to edge of carrier bearing ) that spool just went along with those few bounces and let loose .

x2 id rather run a welded stock carrier than a spool

i cut my teeth rock crawling at walker valley, got my first toyota in oak harbor when i was stationed there in 1998 and have been on the toyota craze ever since. flopped my cruiser twice , well once and again a second time when the strap let loose on the recovery it ended up on its side again. ahahhaha [

QUOTE=Pitbullcruiser;n266332]Wheeling/ figure out the GPS/ go fast/ pre KOH shake down run today at Walker Valley OHV.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks man - will ship tomorrow!

Current inventory of SWAG is:

2 tshirts (L)
5 beanies

Will order more tshirt sizes, hoodies, and stickers this week. Thanks again for the support!

I'm a sucker for a nice toque, got a pic?

I'll take one, PM the info and I'll throw you the scrilla

I can't describe how much I enjoyed lending a hand this year.
Looking over the truck, it was immaculately prepared..

it was also awesome to meet M squared ( Matt and Mark )
They manned main pit, and were ready to roll to RP2 to support when they hit the Hammers trail loop.

It was also great to meet Austin, and now my rig rocks a killer Irate flag. ( Texas is currently buried in ice, so no images as the power is currently out.. )

It was cool to see his unimog parked in the most conspicuous areas all over the lakebed.
;)

They manned main pit, and were ready to roll to RP2 to support when they hit the Hammers trail loop.

It was also great to meet Austin, and now my rig rocks a killer Irate flag. ( Texas is currently buried in ice, so no images as the power is currently out.. )

It was cool to see his unimog parked in the most conspicuous areas all over the lakebed.
;)

It was a good meeting you guys as well! I know I have more pics of your rig somewhere, this is the only one I can find at the moment ....
IMG_0148.JPG

;)

Great to meet you too, Elvis as well as the whole Trail Rig Racing team! It was fun to be actively involved with the race and look forward to doing it again. Trying to get my ducks in a row to get a car ready for 2022...

Great to meet you too, Elvis as well as the whole Trail Rig Racing team! It was fun to be actively involved with the race and look forward to doing it again. Trying to get my ducks in a row to get a car ready for 2022...

Do it! We can share a garage in Hammertown and setup adjacent pits. I welcome you the Trail Rig Racing team...we can redesign the logo to include another rig! ;)

New doors. The window nets will attach directly to the doors. One less step to get in and out of the truck. I also moved the fuel filler to the passenger side AKA not the exhaust side.

50947079261_c29ff804bd_b.jpg

50946381453_14eda4dc7b_b.jpg

50947079061_069d113fb9_b.jpg

Last edited:
I love your determination, I think in time it's going to pay off in a big way. If I remember correctly you went straight to work on it after KOH last year as well. :smokin:

:beer:

;)

Was that unimog wheeling with a cc ford ?

Top Back Refresh