What's new

Project Concepts that you will never do

Arickvan

PBB transfer
Member Number
Loc
Oakley CA
I hate the way my mind works at times, I'll see something cool (in this case it was a 10 min video on buick in nascar) and instantly think of what i could do with this "cool thing"

well of course i could build a nascar inspired 1980's ford thunderbird track car :homer:

they come with a peppy 5.0, so throw a spoiler, stickers and slicks and bam! done right? :laughing:

i dont have the time, money or space for any new projects, but ive got a handful of ideas in my head at all times

so what are your guys projects that will never start?

or am i the only one that does this??

b1eb68c67850d8f2600cdd93942c0f26.jpg

Lamborghini Countach kit car.

I have the money, but not so much the desire anymore. You can find people's unfinished projects relatively cheap. Great starting point. I enjoy the build and customization more than the finished product.

Instead I grabbed an old Vette, keep telling myself the Lambo will be the next project, maybe.

I had an 83 thunderbird, only a 3.8 but it was a great car.

Oh yea! I have sketches for a 3 stage can crusher. I've turned into a beer snob and don't buy canned beer, so it'll never happen now.

I'll spend some time running down a rabbit hole looking at things like above but usually come to the conclusion that it won't do what I want, it's will take all my time and money, or it's not really that cheap.

I have a few projects that I have a hard enough time trying to make progress on and try to keep those front and center.

Oh yea! I have sketches for a 3 stage can crusher. I've turned into a beer snob and don't buy canned beer, so it'll never happen now.

In tech school our hydraulics teacher built one that spit out 1" cubes. Part of our final was hooking the hoses to the right valves in the right order to make it work. It only used 1 lever and he had a lot of extra components that didn't do anything to make you second guess yourself. I still have my coke can cube somewhere.

I've wanted to something like this for a few years:

side.jpg

Lack of an actual shop makes it a no-go though.

I'd like to build a vehicle we can drive a distance (street legal) as a family, and just run scenic back roads in central/eastern Pennsylvania during various seasons. Mild build, but enough to do it during the winter, too. We tried using the Tahoe this past year, and it's a big vehicle to handle on icy mountain roads...and zero recovery gear on it. It makes a better vacation vehicle than anything else.

I'd also like to set up a sweet 3/4 ton truck...just because, just in case, well you can always use a 3/4 ton.

The list goes on...I need a back hoe, a dump truck or a dump trailer, a stump grinder, and more and more shit to make more mowing for myself. :laughing:​​​​​​​

Up until the day before yesterday, I had a 1986 Malibu ski boat that ran like a top but needed a little interior work. I've always thought about buying another similar hull and putting a big twin turbo diesel with a two speed transmission in place of the 351W. It would look superb running hot laps on the lake at 8:00AM with no engine cowl and minimal exhaust.

I also want to build a mini jet boat. That one may actually happen one day.

Fullsize bronco, 12" lift springs, 2.5 tons on tractor tires. Cheap budget mud machine......for all the mud wheeling we have here in northern ca:lmao:

I do bench builds all the time. Sadly that whole time/money thing gets in the way... as well as Calif restrictions on cars :(

I've got a empty 77 Honda Civic body on the property that is in VERY good condition.
77 Honda Civic body: TDI drivetrain and tuned for easy rolling coal😁
77 Honda Civic body: 500 Big Block Cady front wheel drive... no allowed in Calif because of smog and 500 stopped in 76 :(

All aluminum flat fender build with turbo or super charged Ecotech engine. Upgraded axles but stock sized tires/rims. Potentially sub 2000 rig with 300hp+ sounds like fun.

Dodge WC10 or WC53, TT diesel, manual trans modern chassis, 40s, "natural" aged exterior, mint/restored underhood and interior, brown luxury leather seats like Ford's King Ranch.

A 4wd lawnmower with flexy suspension and diff locks.

I am constantly 3 wheeling on my regular mower with all these slopes and hills.

whew! looks like im not crazy, or at least not the only crazy person :laughing:

Up until the day before yesterday, I had a 1986 Malibu ski boat that ran like a top but needed a little interior work. I've always thought about buying another similar hull and putting a big twin turbo diesel with a two speed transmission in place of the 351W. It would look superb running hot laps on the lake at 8:00AM with no engine cowl and minimal exhaust.

I also want to build a mini jet boat. That one may actually happen one day.

this would be epic btw^^

i can imagine a little black streak screaming across a lake :smokin:

I have a '49 International KB-6 that has a ~20ft hydraulic flat dump bed on it. I got it years ago with the intention of making a rollback out of it. I have a 6bt to build up and hang a set of compounds on, and then put a 10 or 13 speed fuller behind it. Maybe I'll get to it in the next decade or so.

I've always wanted to build the ultimate family crawler rig. Early to mid 2000's Suburban. 6.0, boat sides, dove the front and rear, F&R steer 14s. Lately, i've been looking at totaled late model Lexus 460 with the same mods in mind, but that is mostly a pipe dream as well.

Mk3 supra suspension would give me rack and pinion steering and IRS in my autocross truck. Drop an eBay JDM 3sge backed by a 6 speed would spice it up to 210 factory HP and keep the intake & exhaust on the same sides as the 22r in it now. It would be a corner killing machine and tear up the track but this DD build has taken all my time and cash so odds are the autocross truck will remain parked. Maybe when I get back to work I'll take the time to do it.

I hope this one will actually happen someday, but im not holding my breath
Dodge pilothouse panel or pre 1960 Ford panel truck, 500 caddy front clip, drop rear axle, drop floor, wheelchair ramp out the back door.
I've got other fantasy ideas, but thats the one I hope actually happens

Not really a project....I just want a minty '85 MKII Supra with a manual that doesn't have 200k miles on it and isn't sun beat.

I really want to do a 40's or 50's truck on a 90s 2wd toyota chassis, 4cyl 5 spd, good mpg, reliable, and about as much power as stock. Actually bought my 06 tacoma with this in mind but it turned out to be too good to tear apart..

I would really like to build my own slide in truck camper, and I may now that I have another 3/4 ton truck :)
I have all of the appliances sans fridge that I have salvaged from campers I have scrapped for one reason or another.
I'm thinking lightweight, well insulated and not a ton of frills, mostly the basics so there is room in there.

I always thought a built up vw beetle would be a fun dirt runner as a kid, then came the internet, side by sides, and realizing I'd destroy my back and kill the family in a street accident

Years ago like 30-40 years ago I almost bought a 48 ford anglia and turned it into a bracket racer.

It never happened.

I have a '49 International KB-6 that has a ~20ft hydraulic flat dump bed on it. I got it years ago with the intention of making a rollback out of it. I have a 6bt to build up and hang a set of compounds on, and then put a 10 or 13 speed fuller behind it. Maybe I'll get to it in the next decade or so.

Let me know, I have the flywheel housing back to the clutch housing for that ;).

I tend to build what I have in my head, but constantly come up with more.

49617468_2089484721146460_5498194369565425664_n.jpg

107646908_10219046558969661_8501305729229412346_n.jpg

44373154_974238719453250_5147462637184876544_n.jpg

JJ Camaro  Comparison 12 150.jpg

Top Back Refresh