What's new

Price of used vehicles declining?

It's starting. I just ran across a 2 year old Silverado, ltz crew cab with every option. Everything similars been selling over new MSRP, but this one was ~$15k under which was almost normal. Of course it sold in a day but it's a start.

The used used market looks like it's starting too. What used to be a $3k beater that went to a $6k beater is down to $4k now. Again, it's a start

Hoping it stays high until for offloading the three XJ's I've got. It can then decline as rapidly as possible so I can buy a new(er) F-350 :dustin:

Some look like they are, kbb says my pickup dropped 10k in value the last 6 months. A quick look around shows retail prices are still higher than kbb because there isn't shit for brand new ones available.

Shitboxes that need work are falling like a rock around here.

Dumbasses that bought "easy fix and flips" are bleeding (thanks in large part to declining scrap prices) and I like it. Fuck em.

Last edited:
Just bought a '17 Audi Q5 2.0T that is MINT but has 157k miles for my 16 year old daughter.
Paid $15k out the door and compared to the other rough $10-13k cars I had looked at over the course of a month I was glad to get it.

No idea if that's a low or high price but it was a good price for the market I looked at.

I have seen it for a month. They have been slowly dropping around here. Not a ton, just much more inventory available at not totally crazy prices. Seldom see a good price though.

I'm seeing the used diesel market drop some due to the high fule prices. I do see trucks in general sitting for sale longer. Wonder if those that paid too much won't be able to sell due to owing too much and have to give it back (repo)

Little drop around here, just getting started. Interest rates going up will help alot with the "only look at the payment" crowd. Used rates hit 15-20% that payment on the $60k used truck won't be doable.

i bought a yukon XL in February, same one today is about 10k less. but i needed it and i traded in a tahoe for good money on it so it's kinda a wash.

I read or heard that wholesale prices are dropping but retail prices are holding steady. So the dealers are screwing people on trade ins but also screwing used buyers when they jack up the prices to resell it. They really dont want to let that gravy train go, but in time it will pull away and prices will finally come down.

10-20 year old 3/4 ton 4x4 pickups are just as ridiculous as ever around here from my casual searches

Been eyeballing a used diesel JLUR for 3 weeks. Price has dropped twice and holding out for a third price drop but doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. After the first price drop it was even with the sticker price :homer::laughing: I think with a third price drop it’ll be a really good deal. Holding out :homer:

Toys (Old cars, motorcycles ATVs) have dropped off. Used trucks at least on the local Ford lot are still high as giraffe pussy.

Last edited:
That's because you're shopping for the shit moneyed assholes buy.

They're the last to run out of money to be assholes with when things take a shit.

I'm not shopping for anything. I just check out Craiglist when bored to see if there are any cool or interesting postings. Ran across this and found it comical that he thinks he going to get 25k for a 3-liter 4runner just because it has a expensive rooftop tent.

Just bought a '17 Audi Q5 2.0T that is MINT but has 157k miles for my 16 year old daughter.
Paid $15k out the door and compared to the other rough $10-13k cars I had looked at over the course of a month I was glad to get it.

No idea if that's a low or high price but it was a good price for the market I looked at.
Thats around $5k high around here for that mileage and the market in the PNW is nutso still. Quick search shows many sub 70k mile examples $16k and under with the 130k+ examples closer to 10k. Hope the maintenance has been kept up and the engine gods shine down on you with that mileage on the 2.0T:laughing:

No major shift in our market here in the PNW. Toys and toy cars/trucks are sitting a bit longer and coming down a touch, but anything in direct demand is still chugging along for now. Wont be long though. The housing market is steadily slowing and everything else is soon to follow.

I'm not shopping for anything. I just check out Craiglist when bored to see if there are any cool or interesting postings. Ran across this and found it comical that he thinks he going to get 25k for a 3-liter 4runner just because it has a expensive rooftop tent.
I agree it's comical but my point is that the kind of stuff bought and sold by trust fund babies isn't exactly an indicator of broader market conditions.

Thats around $5k high around here for that mileage and the market in the PNW is nutso still. Quick search shows many sub 70k mile examples $16k and under with the 130k+ examples closer to 10k. Hope the maintenance has been kept up and the engine gods shine down on you with that mileage on the 2.0T:laughing:

No major shift in our market here in the PNW. Toys and toy cars/trucks are sitting a bit longer and coming down a touch, but anything in direct demand is still chugging along for now. Wont be long though. The housing market is steadily slowing and everything else is soon to follow.
$10k was a pretty rough 2013 A3/Q3 with 110+K miles.
Fingers crossed

I'm patiently waiting for the crew cab squarebody market to tank, x2 on the used car depreciation, my Silverado dropped 6k in value from 4 or 5 months ago, shoulda sold the damn thing then since I drive my work truck everywhere

Top Back Refresh