What's new

Prey - new Predator Movie

Jesus Christ! :lmao: Maybe we can get Iron Man and John Wick in there, too. :shaking: And a special cameo by Lucy Lawless as Xena, Warrior Retiree.

I was going to say that Predator, like Tremors, was a cool movie that should have stopped before it became a parody of itself...
Another example that Hollyweird hasn't had anything original in decades.

So you're saying there's a pattern...
What I'm saying is the storyline of a woman coming out on top can still be a great film. Today it just seems to be force fed. Not very well done. The Alien franchise is my absolute favorite. Later movies are a bit meh, but nothing compares. I saw the first one when I was nine. I usually have one of the movies running once a week. I've seen Aliens probably one thousand times. When I'm in the shop or tinkering, I'll have one of the movies playing just over the speakers like an audio book. :laughing:

I never understood the love for Predator. And when they mixed them together, it was sacrilege.

Yep can confirm. Quote from a buddy, “White people are bad, brown people are good. A women bucking the patriarchy is the ultimate bad ass hero”

Everything you could expect from a woke piece of garbage.

What I'm saying is the storyline of a woman coming out on top can still be a great film. Today it just seems to be force fed. Not very well done. The Alien franchise is my absolute favorite.

Resident Evil for example, I could watch those movies every day. The storyline of the female heroine is just part of the plot, not forced down your throat.

Despite the belt fed weapons and full autos in the original didn't Arnie kill the predator with a log booby trap?

point taken. lol

Not point taken.

Predator willingly removed all of his weapons to fight Arnold hand to hand. and he only won by dumb luck, because he smelled out his booby trap and then moved over under the counterweight.

Willingly. Unarmed. Himself.

Is that what is happening in Prey? who knows. but every picture i have seen of this movie is just that girls face. no pictures of the predator. no nothing else.

Yep can confirm. Quote from a buddy, “White people are bad, brown people are good. A women bucking the patriarchy is the ultimate bad ass hero”

I mean I wasn't around in the 18th century to confirm firsthand, and even calling me an amateur historian would be generous, but the French trappers seemed pretty on brand, compared to other books and movies I've seen them represented in. Weren't any other white folks in the movie.

There's probably some "patriarchy bucking" in the movie, but it's mostly a young girl who's apparently an orphan, that would rather hunt game than forage and make medicine with her grandmother, while dealing with other young men that are kind of dicks, while her brother tries to advise her how best to deal with the situation.

I don't know if you caught this part but there's also a Predator in the movie killing everybody. :flipoff2:

I mean I wasn't around in the 18th century to confirm firsthand, and even calling me an amateur historian would be generous, but the French trappers seemed pretty on brand, compared to other books and movies I've seen them represented in. Weren't any other white folks in the movie.

There's probably some "patriarchy bucking" in the movie, but it's mostly a young girl who's apparently an orphan, that would rather hunt game than forage and make medicine with her grandmother, while dealing with other young men that are kind of dicks, while her brother tries to advise her how best to deal with the situation.

I don't know if you caught this part but there's also a Predator in the movie killing everybody. :flipoff2:

I wasnt around either but I would guess there wasnt too many teenage girls posing as warriors in the indian tribes.

Woke ass garbage. Made it through 5-10 minutes to where the little girl who never hunted is telling the experienced hunters how to catch the cat.

Yep can confirm. Quote from a buddy, “White people are bad, brown people are good. Men are stupid. A women bucking the patriarchy is the ultimate bad ass hero”

fify :laughing:

99% of tv and movies these days is garbage, in the past 5yrs i went from watching 1-2 movies a month to watching 3-4 a year

You guys might have hated this movie, but I'm sure you will enjoy the new She Hulk movie. :flipoff2:

You guys might have hated this movie, but I'm sure you will enjoy the new She Hulk movie. :flipoff2:
:lmao: Nah, I'm done w the MCU. Jokey/fat Thor was enough for me, and anything Tycho TheTitty makes is garbage. I hate that guy.
Free_Guy_Taika_Waititi_jpg.jpg

“White people are bad, brown people are good."
That psyop has been running so long and it's affected so many people, in so many places.
People that make decisions that, in turn, greatly affect the lives of others.

So you get things like this:

That psyop has been running so long and it's affected so many people, in so many places.

I thought racism was bad

:mad3::mad3::mad3:

Fucking hatchet on a rope was a riot. :laughing: ...Good lord that was a dumb movie.

Went from that to "knock knock" couldn't make past the whores drinking the pancake syrup. I think watching this shit might give a person brain damage.

I though the Predator vs Bear should have been a better fight, at least go on longer.

Best bit of the film, I chuckled at the way it played out. Definitely should have been longer though.

Definitely not as good as the first one but still a decent enough entry into the franchise.

Potential Spoiler:

To understand why she succeeds when everyone one else fails you need to understand that Predators are not mindless killers. Rather they are hunters out to prove themselves against the most dangerous prey in space. The Predator simply views her as a non threat and not worthy of the effort. It could have killed her a dozen times over but simply chose not to.

To understand why she succeeds when everyone one else fails you need to understand that Predators are not mindless killers. Rather they are hunters out to prove themselves against the most dangerous prey in space. The Predator simply views her as a non threat and not worthy of the effort. It could have killed her a dozen times over but simply chose not to.
So it underestimated the power of a liberated woman, and suffered for it's patriarchal views.

Shocking, I tell you.

TLDR. Is the predator Gay or Trans?
The real question is when are they going to make a vegan version. He* comes to get the tofu and soy, and has social media ban anyone who stands in his* way.

*Consulting with the predator confirms his preferred pronouns are he/him.

Top Back Refresh