What's new

Prey - new Predator Movie

Discussing this with a buddy, he said "I hope there's a super racist cameo of Arnold as an Indian chief." :laughing: Now I'm going to be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

glad im not the only one tired of this shit :shaking:

its hard to find anything worth wtching these days, find myself just watching old stuff
At this point, I refuse to watch 90% of the shit that's recent.
If it's made prior to 2000, it might be alright.
If it's black and white, I'm in for sure.

Love all the predator and aliens movies. Even the shit ones. Will watch this one, too.

I didn't hate it.

"Wokeness," wasn't too profuse, no worse than most female lead action movies from the past couple decades.

I liked that the Predator's weapons and tech were somewhat inferior to those of the Schwarzenegger, Glover, et al. films, since it's set almost 300 years before the original film.

I enjoyed seeing the French fur trappers attempt at taking on the Predator.

I think if you enjoy the Predator series, this is worth a watch. I saw some ads claiming it's as good as the original, it's not, far from it, but still some decent action, plenty of gratuitous violence, and a predator fights a grizzly bear!

^ Watched it yesterday on a bootleg.
Try one of the 123 movies sites (what I watched it on)
Wasn’t horrible, some decent effects - Predator was bad ass in this one.

Not something I will ever watch again, first one is still the best by far. IMO

For science and historical fiction with some woke mixed in it was okay, but I was at the lake all day and it was time to veg afterwards. 3/5

they can't even handle playing the original game of Cowboys and Indians

How are they going to handle the Predator :laughing:

I didn't grow up with Alien/Predator, but I saw this trailer while watching Top Gun 2. Bewildering that a female, unarmored, bow&arrow native could take down what I assume is a fairly adept hunter of humans.

Big pass for me. I can't stand dumb plots.

Bewildering that a female, unarmored, bow&arrow native could take down what I assume is a fairly adept hunter of humans.

Big pass for me. I can't stand dumb plots.

This is the camp I am in. Hollywood is trying so hard to trip over their dicks to make "woke" movies that they kinda ruin the series. The Predators are advanced enough to travel light years thru space to come here hunting people but get killed by basically a stone age people with bows and arrows?

The two best was the original with Ahh-nold and Predators with Adrianne Brody and Alice Braga that people got kidnapped and dropped on a game preserve world. :smokin:

I'm going to watch it next week with a buddy while his old lady is out of town so we can crank his home theater system.

Aren't the predators somewhat fair game sportsmen? I thought they were more like the pope and young version of interstellar alien hunters? :flipoff2:

I don't want to spoil the movie, I almost commented on a similar meme in the "meme thread," but those complaining about a young native girl taking down a predator with bows and arrows, I'll simply say, she doesn't.

A small platoon of French hunters/trappers with muskets, edged weapons, and bear traps, couldn't take him down, let-alone half a dozen native scout/warriors with bows, tomahawks, and spears. Predator takes on a flipping grizzly in hand-to-paw combat, and you can guess who wins. Native girl with a tomahawk and bow, ain't going to do it.

Believe me, the audience I'm speaking to here isn't lost on me, but instead of bitching about some preconceived notion of something you ASSUME, maybe give it a chance. Or don't, I don't really care that much.

I'm admittedly a fanboy, but I think if you enjoyed any of the previous films, this is worth watching once.

I had a harder time with the movie opening and stating it's northern Great Plains 1719, then finding out the natives are Cherokee. Umm what? I can set aside reality for young alien warriors from other worlds coming to earth to fight as a right of passage, but at least get your native tribes right. Should have been Sioux, Blackfoot, Crow, or a dozen others, not Cherokee.

It was a small tribe, maybe they were Cherokees on vacation.

I though the Predator vs Bear should have been a better fight, at least go on longer. The Carolina Dog was pretty cool

Reactions: Lee
I don't want to spoil the movie, I almost commented on a similar meme in the "meme thread," but those complaining about a young native girl taking down a predator with bows and arrows, I'll simply say, she doesn't.

A small platoon of French hunters/trappers with muskets, edged weapons, and bear traps, couldn't take him down, let-alone half a dozen native scout/warriors with bows, tomahawks, and spears. Predator takes on a flipping grizzly in hand-to-paw combat, and you can guess who wins. Native girl with a tomahawk and bow, ain't going to do it.

Believe me, the audience I'm speaking to here isn't lost on me, but instead of bitching about some preconceived notion of something you ASSUME, maybe give it a chance. Or don't, I don't really care that much.

I'm admittedly a fanboy, but I think if you enjoyed any of the previous films, this is worth watching once.

Well, your testimony + CriticalDrinker on YT...maybe I'll give it a (pirated, free) shot.

If its not a woke vagina-fest, their marketing people need to die behind the chemical shed. That's the ONLY thing it's been pushed as.

Predator should have ended with Predator.

Signed,

Irate's biggest Alien fan

:flipoff2:

Probably won’t watch. At least maybe hollywood is getting the message.

Batgirl: Warner Bros. Scraps Live-Action Movie, Despite Being Nearly Complete

logo-wide-f7e6b79ef438ae7299364d2900546da4.png

Batgirl: Warner Bros. Scraps Live-Action Movie, Despite Being Nearly Complete​

pauldailly92.jpg Paul Dailly at August 2, 2022 5:32 pm.
Warner Bros. Discovery has been making a wealth of bizarre decisions of late in an attempt to cut costs.
The latest of which is the cancellation of its $70 million+ movie, Batgirl.
The flick was initially ordered for HBO Max, with recent reports suggesting it could play in theaters.
leslie-grace-as-batgirl.jpg
The New York Post broke the news.

However, today's decision means that the media conglomerate will effectively write off the movie as a bad business decision, and it will very likely never see the light of day.
ttends-the-warner-bros-premiere-of-the-suicide-squ.jpg

No reason has been given for the decision, but there are rumblings that the testing did not give Warner Bros. Discovery hope that the movie would be a success.
“They think an unspeakable ‘Batgirl’ is going to be irredeemable,” a source told the outlet.
Leslie Grace was set to take on the title role of Barbara Gordon, Batgirl in the movie, and would have starred alongside J. K. Simmons, Jacob Scipio, Brendan Fraser, and Michael Keaton.
Filming took place in Glasgow, Scotland between November 2021 and March 2022.
attends-the-2021-met-gala-celebrating-in-america-a.jpg

The movie was well into post-production at the time of the decision.
Unfortunately, no details had been released about the plot, or any footage.
The closest we got to Batgirl content was a photo of Grace suited up as the superhero.
The decision is undoubtedly a shocker, especially when you consider that filming was complete.

Also canceled is the forthcoming Scoob! sequel, Scoob!: Holiday Haunt.
Warner Bros. Discovery has been making some big decisions of late in an attempt to curb costs.
Pretty much the entire roster of cable channels TBS and TNT have been scrapped, with some of the shows with complete seasons not seeing the light of day.
Chad faced numerous delays and was canceled on the day it was supposed to premiere its second season.

There are a lot of big changes on the horizon, and we should probably prepare to lose more projects.
What are your thoughts on this development?
Hit the comments below.

Renewal Scorecard: Which Shows Didn't Survive the Bloodiest Season in Years?!
START GALLERY

Paul Dailly is the Associate Editor for TV Fanatic. Follow him on Twitter.
Share on Facebook
Email
Show Comments

Tags: TV News, HBO Max

TV News

TV News Photos

TV News Videos

Lovecraft Country Teaser: Risky Ride
Riverdale Season 4 Trailer: Is Jughead Dead?
The Good Doctor Season 3 Trailer: Who's Getting Married?

Not something I will ever watch again, first one is still the best by far. IMO

Predator should have ended with Predator.

Signed,

Irate's biggest Alien fan

:flipoff2:

What the fuck are you two talkin bout???

Predator 2 with Danny Glover was fuckin beyond awesome. Brings me right back to my childhood.

You will not change my mind! :laughing:

Alien Vs Predator was the same thing. Strong black woman comes out on top.
ripley-alien.gif

Top Back Refresh