What's new

Power Wagon Crawler

No tone ring is what my problem was also and it was also left out by the guy who rebuilt my tranny. Well at least like you say you can knock out some other things, which is always good.

Finally drove it around my development,seems good just waiting on the windshield glass and a new regulator to fill the shocks.Will try to get insurance and registration on it this week to see if she’s street worthy.
IMG_7106.jpeg
IMG_7104.jpeg
IMG_7105.jpeg
IMG_7100.jpeg

Just ran across this thread, what an amazing build!!!

I always wonder what kind of background people have to have acquired such great fabrication skills. Care to share?

Just ran across this thread, what an amazing build!!!

I always wonder what kind of background people have to have acquired such great fabrication skills. Care to share?
I’m an Ironworker by trade and as usual most skills learned are through trial and error,or a good teacher and I’ve been fortunate to have been around a few talented people.I don’t always know what I’m doing but with sites like this one and others you can learn a lot by just seeing what others are doing and ask questions if you want more info.Heres a few pics of my last few builds
IMG_4794.jpeg
IMG_4792.jpeg
IMG_4244.jpeg
IMG_2846.jpeg
IMG_1558.jpeg

Nasty cool for sure. If you don't mind once you get some seat time, I'm curious to know what water pump, radiator & fan setup you used and what coolant temps you experience when driving around town and out on the highway and wheeling of course.

Last edited:
Awesome, now I want a 50s era truck. Power Wagon would be my first choice but ford or chev would do. The crawler format is impressive but my vision is an actual hauling, working truck with modern drivetrain. Maybe switchable beds for show and work with a polished copper and stainless bed for parades and shows. Your truck is definitely an inspiration! :smokin:

ok, so i have zoomed in on allthe pics and cannot make out what shifters you are using for the transfer case....control.......

Those t-case shifters caught my eye also, recently dealing with atlas cable shifters.....

Beautiful work on this!:beer:

So back when I started this project Atlas was like a year lead time and me being impatiet looked around for other choices.So good friend of mine works at a 4x4 shop kinda local so he asked if I ever heard of the DSTRAK products, which I hadn't but did some research and thought they may be worth a shot. So I guess i'm going to find out if they're any good or not, but it does seem beefy and the cable shifters came with it.

Top Back Refresh