What's new

Power Wagon Crawler

IMG_6664.jpeg
IMG_6663.jpeg
IMG_6662.jpeg
IMG_6661.jpeg
In case you haven't heard, this thing is sick :smokin:

Love the pics of the nekkid chassis and how the boatside is done. How does the cab and upper cage section fasten on?

In case you haven't heard, this thing is sick :smokin:

Love the pics of the nekkid chassis and how the boatside is done. How does the cab and upper cage section fasten on?
If you look at post #35 pictures number1&3 you can see how the cage/body assembly is bolted to the chassis and the front of the cab cage has a connector tube to the forward stanchion that you see mounting the shocks.Heres some more photos showing the rear winch suck down setup and the front also,I removed the steel thimble from the winch cable and made those pipe/plate washer things you can see to slide the loop over.This way I can keep the winch attached all the time and not here any rattling from a mechanical connection and still easily remove for winching.I just hope this setup works as it is prone to getting smashed in it location.Also a pic of the air system with high flow qwik connects on both sides.

Attachments

• IMG_6667.jpeg
    IMG_6667.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6669.jpeg
    IMG_6669.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6668.jpeg
    IMG_6668.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6670.jpeg
    IMG_6670.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
Amazing build and love the mixture of "old guy" building cool things with the occasional assistance of a 3D printer :beer:

The cab is at powdercoater today to get the cage work done to match the chassis.The interior Sheetmetal will have a bed liner material sprayed on for looks and hopefully a little sound deadening.
IMG_6691.jpeg
IMG_6692.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6692.jpeg
    IMG_6692.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
Reassembly is going slow,there’s a thousand little things that keep slowing me down but still moving forward.This is my first LS build and all the sensors I figured should probably be replaced so waiting on some of these before I cover where they go.
IMG_6724.jpeg
IMG_6726.jpeg
IMG_6725.jpeg
IMG_6723.jpeg

Finally off to o the tuner!Iseing the Holley terminator Xmax system started fairly easy but has trouble idleing down from part throttle.Everything seems to work good,have winch controls on console that only work when toggle on dash energizes the switches,stereo is controlled by the little round thing on console so no head unit it just Bluetooth from phone.lockers work at least on a jacks stand while turning by hand.Overall very happy it’s near completion,door glass will be next big project as there is no tracks or regulator just empty shells.
IMG_6790.jpeg
IMG_6784.jpeg
IMG_6786.jpeg
IMG_6787.jpeg

Very clean !

A good tuner will get the TermX dialed for you.

Finally off to o the tuner!Iseing the Holley terminator Xmax system started fairly easy but has trouble idleing down from part throttle.Everything seems to work good,have winch controls on console that only work when toggle on dash energizes the switches,stereo is controlled by the little round thing on console so no head unit it just Bluetooth from phone.lockers work at least on a jacks stand while turning by hand.Overall very happy it’s near completion,door glass will be next big project as there is no tracks or regulator just empty shells.
IMG_6790.jpeg
IMG_6784.jpeg
IMG_6786.jpeg
IMG_6787.jpeg
IMG_6794.jpeg
IMG_6793.jpeg
IMG_6792.jpeg
IMG_6791.jpeg

So tuning day wasn’t good,found out trans was built wrong and wouldn’t shift out of first.was a little depressing but got right too it and got it out.The way I built it unfortunately I have to pull the cab and all the wiring and plumbing off to get to trans.So Monday it goes to a different trans guy who im told I should of went to first.
IMG_6817.jpeg
IMG_6818.jpeg

So tuning day wasn’t good,found out trans was built wrong and wouldn’t shift out of first.was a little depressing but got right too it and got it out.The way I built it unfortunately I have to pull the cab and all the wiring and plumbing off to get to trans.So Monday it goes to a different trans guy who im told I should of went to first.
IMG_6817.jpeg
IMG_6818.jpeg
Yikes on the trans issue and having to pull the cab in order to do so.

That sucks man. Hopefully your trans will get fixed soon and get this thing put back together.

Yea, that does suck about the tranny. I don't recall if you had a manual valve body or not, but if not did you have the speed sensors hooked up? Mine wouldn't shift correctly until I added the Offroad Design NP205 modified tail housing to add the speed sensors. I also am running the Terminator X Max computer.

When the dyno guy said he couldn,t get a speed reading we took the rear speed sensor out and found a small metal/rubber seal stuck to the end of it.That had me thinking how could that even fit in there?So I got a better look inside the hole where the sensor goes and noticed no tone ring visable.When I took it back to the shop who built it ,one of their techs said it looks like someone put th400 guts inside which don't use a ring.I'm no transmission guy so I went back home and pulled the trans.After thinking about it for a while and talking to some friends decided to take it to a different shop.Dropped it off today and he said probably 3-4 weeks to get to it,so it slows me down but now I have a chance to concentrate on the door and window glass/frames.Thanks for all the nice replys!

Top Back Refresh