What's new

Potential for Alabama Offroad Parks Being Forced to Close

... guy who WILLINGLY lives in a NYC watershed.
I live in a watershed... What did I win? :flipoff2:

The 9-1-1 activity started & caused a lot of rules like no parking/picnics/hanging out. Only the hunting season has been given a wide berth by the EPO/reservoir cops-

The 9-1-1 activity started & caused a lot of rules like no parking/picnics/hanging out. Only the hunting season has been given a wide berth by the EPO/reservoir cops-
Same here. Absolute bullshit. Outside the immediate Boston area you used to be able to park, drive, walk just about anywhere on all the various water supply, conservation and other varieties of "king's land" as long as you weren't bushwhacking off trail or trying to drive on a hiking trail. The .gov didn't like it because it meant they had to actually maintain shit to higher levels of traffic, fix questionable bridges, clear downed trees, etc. etc. so 9/11 was their excuse to shut all that down and do less work for the same money.

Next time there's terrorist bullshit we should just hang all the .gov fuckwads so they can get a taste of what "not letting a crisis goes to waste" looks like. :mad3:

The county passed the ordinance/ bill whatever for just Cherokee county. They took the EPA stuff out but everything else stayed. So Indian mountain park will be done by Jan 1st. Unless they can somehow reverse it or put a hold on it and I doubt that.
I was afraid of some shit like that. Fucking fat bastard

So I tried to read through this but after the 2nd page I'm like ehhhhh.

I live pretty close to the place that started the whole bill. I will start by saying the problem wasn't the run off so much as the park not making bridges to cross the creek. So the sxs's were actively playing in the creek within the park. So it wasn't when it rained muddy creek. It was every weekend they were open the creek downstream was a muddy mess. I could completely understand having issues with that. That could have been fixed easily by adding bridges over the creek crossings. That is the issue that started the whole thing. Well that and all the people that were leaving half shit faced driving.

Now the good part. The county the park is in tried to pass something to close the park but it did not pass. So the county commissioner for that county just so happens to have a son that is a state senator. Which is where the bill came from. It passed committee but several other senators said it needed to be changed before going to the big vote. The big problem is the little epa shit the bill includes that even that senator does not realize the implications that could come with it.

My opinion from someone that has tried to get insurance on a motocross track..... There is no insurance company that would even touch a riding park. Something like 10 years ago There was only 2 places I could find that would talk to you. One wanted 1500 a day and they would only cover race day and the practice day before the race. The race had to be ama sanctioned and had this huge list of requirements that I have never seen at any track I have been too except for maybe an ama national. Second one wanted 2000 a day and would only cover race day. There is no way any park could afford to buy Insurance for every weekend/ most weekends and afford to open. Not to mention after the first lawsuit, ( which when the drunks realize they can get a quick 50-100k out of court settlement for wrecking their shit plastered there will be plenty) they would get dropped quick.

It all comes down to the park should have put up some bridges when people first started bitching and the asshole commissioner should have went about it a little different.
Care to name the park? I've ridden most of the 'Bama parts, curious which one you're referring to.

Indian Mountain ATV Park

Like I said above. As of now they passed the ordinance/ bill within just Cherokee County. So Starting Jan 1, 2025 to operate they will have to follow all the guidelines. Even if they manage to meet all the guidelines the county can still turn it down. Unless something changes that will be it for them as far as I know right now

The .gov didn't like it because it meant they had to actually maintain shit to higher levels of traffic, fix questionable bridges, clear downed trees, etc. etc. so 9/11 was their excuse to shut all that down and do less work for the same money.

Same here in the PNW. Used to be able to drive across a dam (water supply for 100k city) to get to another town 40 miles away on dirt roads. after 9/11 they blocked it off. Every old logging road was shut down. They just spent over a million on a park up near there a couple years before if I recall correctly, now its abandoned.

I had a 50 gallon deezel transfer tank in my truck when we were in Vegas.

Wanted to go see the Hoover. Nope, can't do it unless the tank is empty or permanently attached to the truck.

Never mind all the busses, cars, trucks driving down that aren't thoroughly inspected. And how much damage is going to be caused by however much explosives I could carry in a 50 gallon tank?

Fucking idiots...and on top of it, they wrote down my plate number. Idiot Paul Blart wannabes.

Indian Mountain ATV Park

Like I said above. As of now they passed the ordinance/ bill within just Cherokee County. So Starting Jan 1, 2025 to operate they will have to follow all the guidelines. Even if they manage to meet all the guidelines the county can still turn it down. Unless something changes that will be it for them as far as I know right now
Sounds like you could use some off road people on the county commission.

You might want to consider running. I'm going to in a couple years when our county commission is up for re-election. I doubt I have a snow balls chance but I'm going to try.

Top Back Refresh