What's new

Post up rare, custom, or just plain weird trucks!

IMG_6390(1).jpg
IMG_6389(1).jpg

Imo they got a little more appealing in 58/59
Wow the wheelwell flares are stock.

Same as the step on a HEMTT, it folds out of the way.

On a HEMTT, they fold back opposite direction of travel. Those would get bent easy.

That's as low as they go, then it's another 2 feet higher at max, or some equally retarded amount.

I hate those things :laughing:

If they go up, they might interfere with the door opening. Not really understanding the chain in that setup.

On a HEMTT, they fold back opposite direction of travel. Those would get bent easy.

If they go up, they might interfere with the door opening. Not really understanding the chain in that setup.
Probably some fat ass national guardsman used them as they were originally designed and the step folded under. So they added chains for strength. My guess.

Probably some fat ass national guardsman used them as they were originally designed and the step folded under. So they added chains for strength. My guess.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I remember being at Yakima with my bridging company and we were doing some joint training with an army reserve unit. We were there at 0600 ready to build Baily Bridges and they show up around 0830, set up a table and load it full of donuts. Needless to say everyone in my company from the CO down to me a buck private was very surprised and talked a lot of shit that evening back at the barracks. Our CO told us to keep our comments and feelings to ourselves while training with them, he definitely had some words to say after we were all done though.:grinpimp:

Chain is a limiting strap. There's a stop to prevent the step from going up far enough to interfere with the door. Even if it did fold all the way up, it would interfere with the door. But there is nothing to lock it in place.

Top Back Refresh