What's new

Post a picture of where you are right now.

I'd guess that all those breakfast nuggets are from the same bird. She has been hanging out in your shop longer than you thought ... Or she has found her own entrance.

Hens lay eggs daily,(ish) just like you poop every morning. You only need a rooster around to fertilize the eggs iffen you are trying to breed chickens.

Otherwise, laying hens give you breakfast nuggets, as seen above.

20230218_065847.jpg

Planting Hybrid Chestnut. Pecan. Persimmon. Hazelnut trees. Have some apple trees in background planted last year.
20230218_155618.jpg
Couple Persimmon trees in the backyard. They're like crack late fall for all the critters. Even saw a ground hog up the tree. These are the little ones. Tried to make some jam but it kind of sucked without a boatload of sugar.
Persimmons.jpg

Got to wait till.they are all most mush and then they are good.
Couple Persimmon trees in the backyard. They're like crack late fall for all the critters. Even saw a ground hog up the tree. These are the little ones. Tried to make some jam but it kind of sucked without a boatload of sugar.
Persimmons.jpg

We did. They're chalky and bitter til the first frost. Evidently there's a number of different kinds. These are the size of big cherries. Evidently the bigger ones are better.
Not sure what these will produce, the ones I have eaten around here get about the size of a plum. When we ate them green they would turn you inside out, bitter, sour, willing to rinse mouth out with mud to get taste out.

And now I wait.
IMG_20230217_175544784.jpg

For Dad's wedding reception tomorrow. 😁

Well the pulled pork and ribs were a hit. Gina made 10# of homemade tater salad, baked beans, devilled eggs. We had prolly 15 adults and 10 kids. Everyone got sent home with a doggy bag. :laughing:

Apparently my aunts decided that when my Aunt Linda comes up to visit in Sept that we are gonna do pulled pork and ribs again. :grinpimp:

I like doing it and it's always a pleasure when people enjoy it. :beer:

Not sure what these will produce, the ones I have eaten around here get about the size of a plum. When we ate them green they would turn you inside out, bitter, sour, willing to rinse mouth out with mud to get taste out.

lol yup. they gotta look like they are rotten before you can eat them. the "pretty" ones are so freaking bitter. lol

Top Back Refresh