What's new

Policing the Police.

Oh, you made a mistake. You were thinking I cared about changing your mind or what your mind was in the first place. That's not the case.

Blanket condemnation is still a cognitive flaw, and you have it.

What I do care about is pointing out your errors to other people so that they don't repeat them, and so that we can advance the topic at hand which is what needs to be done to deal with LE. For example, trashing the entire BATF would be a mistake, we need a department focused on alcohol, guns, and I guess tobaccy.

Getting angry and throwing the baby out is immature, that's literally what the BLM/Antifa are rioting for. Eliminating the police. We need the police, we just need to reign them in and change some laws.

Why do we need a department to focus on alcohol and guns? Why cant people make their own decisions and be held responsible for their actions and face consequences, without having the government limiting our every move?

Why do we need a department to focus on alcohol and guns? Why cant people make their own decisions and be held responsible for their actions and face consequences, without having the government limiting our every move?

Because of tobacco

Well, I think that organized crime will move large amounts of weapons and that somebody should be focused on that. If not, wouldn't you agree that arms dealing is a serious Federal matter?

Our objection seems to be that they are focused on individuals with hobby guns or who saw off a shotgun to 17.99" long. That's not really appropriate for the full weight of Federal Law.

And, despite various forms of distilling and brewing becoming legal, we still need someone to regulate alcohol production and arrest people who poison drinkers with swill whiskey. Again I'm not saying the BATF needs to focus on me with my 9-gallon still, they need to be after Popcorn or whatever the fuck he is.

We do need these jobs done, it's just that the Cops are enforcing them on the easy marks like us? Just like cops don't go into bad areas but serve no-knocks on unsuspecting Mailmen then shoot them down, or shoot their daughter's eye because they're afraid of the dog and can't turn on the lights.

Oh, you made a mistake. You were thinking I cared about changing your mind or what your mind was in the first place. That's not the case.

Blanket condemnation is still a cognitive flaw, and you have it.

What I do care about is pointing out your errors to other people so that they don't repeat them, and so that we can advance the topic at hand which is what needs to be done to deal with LE. For example, trashing the entire BATF would be a mistake, we need a department focused on alcohol, guns, and I guess tobaccy.

Getting angry and throwing the baby out is immature, that's literally what the BLM/Antifa are rioting for. Eliminating the police. We need the police, we just need to reign them in and change some laws.

No mistake... I could give a rip what you think. Just wanted to clarify, you are indeed still a douche canoe. Not sure most here need that clarified, but just in case anybody new has joined.

But he’s correct... you cannot be retroactively a felon. It’s essentially double jeopardy...

The lautenberg amendment is retroactive, you and your lady yell at each other and wake up the neighbors in 1992, you take a misbehavior plea and take some classes, no big deal. Then the law changes in 1996 IIRC and you become a prohibited possessor, it's fucked, it happened.

The lautenberg amendment is retroactive, you and your lady yell at each other and wake up the neighbors in 1992, you take a misbehavior plea and take some classes, no big deal. Then the law changes in 1996 IIRC and you become a prohibited possessor, it's fucked, it happened.

I guess I am one of those folks who can’t seem to understand why “we” look to legislation that violates COTUS as law and/or more important... shoot - when the the government has the power to make every citizen a felon at the whim of government... that’s tyranny... and, perhaps ironically, a vast majority of ‘Muricans will vocally speak out against said felon because all the Kay person knows is “felony is bad.”

the government will declare criticism a felony at some point ... just to take away rights. And people will applaud it.

Top Back Refresh