What's new

Policing the Police.

I have friend whose life long dream was to join the state police, while at the academy they came in to talk to the students and it was all about them against the public, he said I couldn't beleive what I was hearing and it broke my heart, because there was no way I could serve with people like that.

And there ya have it folks. The reason you get "people like that" as cops.

Rather than trying to change the system, they get out and complain about it, leaving "people like that" to become cops.

Police man friend likes to say he is part of the biggest gang out there :shaking:

Last edited:
You have no credibility. You called me or for being a liar, that I presented an impossible scenario, I easily proved you wrong, and you were a cocksucker about it, so fuck off

You didnt prove shit. Youre either full of shit overall or you you couldnt hack it and failed out and are making a pathetic excuse. The more of your shit I read the more I think its the latter. Then you want to blame the popo for more of your stupid decisions.

Somebodies got to be a cop but not me. I've been friends with a couple cops and one is now an ex cop. He hooked me up with several kickass vehicles basically for free so I definitely cant say I don't know any cool cops. When I first got to know him was when he rear ended my 84 Impala ex cop car that I traded work for it to a friend who got it at an auction, and he was in his town cop car. We made bad jokes about it for years. I've been fucked with by cops and given breaks by cops. I've lied my ass off to cops and gotten away with some crazy shit, but now I'm just a boring old guy who hopes I don't get caught when breaking not so vital of rules like speeding occasionally. What happened to George Floyd was rough to watch, he was judged as worthless by that dickhead and killed. Not sure how you make a cop like that become aware that questionable people can be redeemed and have value as well as be kind of fuck ups sometimes. The best I can do with cops is be neutral and hope they can't read my mind. I don't expect them to be saints or killers. We're all human with some similar feelings and characteristics. So anyway, good luck getting perfect people to be cops.:flipoff2:

I was active duty Army when the retroactive lautenberg shit ended alot of careers. It's true they weren't misdemeanors that changed to felonies, but the terms and impact of the retroactive penalties meant anyone with any type of DV charge anytime in the past were no longer able to carry a firearm and unfit to serve, discharged.

Shitty part is some of them may have lawyered up and been able to overcome the charges prior to being convicted had they known it may have such an effect on their future.

I am in no way defending wife beaters but alot people got caught by the system and in my opinion not afforded their true day in court.

​​​​​​I call bullshit on you knowing the codes and laws you are sworn to uphold. There's too many of them, therefore you get to pick winners and losers daily based on your personal beliefs and feelings. The law is not enforced blindly. For that, fuck you.

You are correct about the first part. Lautenburg ended a lot of careers some righteously some not.

My particular field is fairly narrow. I also work in a situation where I rarely if ever have to make split second decisions about who Im going after. When I come after someone its already been vetted. Before I do anything its all on paper or on the rare occasion the individual has admitted it. There is no personal beliefs or feelings about it. Like Ive said before Im not any kind of patrol cop.

You are correct about the first part. Lautenburg ended a lot of careers some righteously some not.

My particular field is fairly narrow. I also work in a situation where I rarely if ever have to make split second decisions about who Im going after. When I come after someone its already been vetted. Before I do anything its all on paper or on the rare occasion the individual has admitted it. There is no personal beliefs or feelings about it. Like Ive said before Im not any kind of patrol cop.

Stuck in action.

You didnt prove shit. Youre either full of shit overall or you you couldnt hack it and failed out and are making a pathetic excuse. The more of your shit I read the more I think its the latter. Then you want to blame the popo for more of your stupid decisions.

You're a ****. You've run your mouth, been proven a **** and now you can't back down, ****

Rather than trying to change the system, they get out and complain about it, leaving "people like that" to become cops.

Similar happend to a buddy of mine. Smaller midwestern town, 8 years army then town officer. Not like 1-2 small but overall town is may 30-40k. All kinds of weird stuff was going on, he doesn't talk about it much. But somehow a gun that he arrested someone with ended up back on the street in several other crimes. He went up the ladder and everyone turned on him, threats to his family, no back up on radios, demotions, weird movie style crap. He left, how are you supposed to change a culutre/system that's hazmat toxic?

They don't trust the public for anything. And that leads to the militarization of which furthers the divide.

If any 'war' is the issue it's the war with the public. The 'Service/serve' portion of their job has been forgotten.

Really productive conversation, guys. Good work.

What did this comment add? You thought we were going to discuss the latest thing you've listened too and found worthy to share with us? There's now guidelines dictating the discussion and how it's supposed to satisfy you?

Fuck
Off

He left, how are you supposed to change a culutre/system that's hazmat toxic?

Well gee, someone that has no affiliation with any police department but has a cell phone and an internet account has managed to rile up the entire country to push for police reform.

I suppose if the press can keep their informants confidential through the 1st Amendment, then an insider in the police department could help some reporter win a Pulitzer Prize.

But I guess there's nothing that can be done in the Information age. It's too difficult to get information on what's going on out there.

Hollywood made everyone fear cops, and cops act like hollywood cops under pressure. Sort of like propaganda mechanics work subliminally.
I roll down the back window when being pulled over, so the cop can see inside the truck before we come to a stop. It's how you ease the situation before the fact.

Cops should NEVER be able to do ANYTHING alone. There should be a two cop rule even for traffic stops.

Cops should NEVER be able to do ANYTHING alone. There should be a two cop rule even for traffic stops.

While I truly agree on that point, prepare your city or town for an uptick of officers to the 1.5 police manpower. Which... is a lot easier said than done. Agencies have trouble keeping a minimum force, much less increasing it by as much as 50% again. I know San Diego was losing occifers to Phoenix etc for example, because this city couldn't match the pay lots of other agencies would provide them.

But, I still agree with your point. :homer:

Acctully he went to work for a local dept. has been there 2008

Put your underwear back on, Billy. Just because you started the thread doesn't mean we're going to stroke you in it.

Literally the post is about our problem not being between eachother or with police themselves but instead with particular legal frameworks that are overbearing and thus creating a rift, driving the country apart.

So what do you guys do? Page one "let's start name calling and arguing amongst eachother".

Most of you have the emotional capacity of a woman on her period. Your Avatar particularly does you justice.

Well gee, someone that has no affiliation with any police department but has a cell phone and an internet account has managed to rile up the entire country to push for police reform.

I suppose if the press can keep their informants confidential through the 1st Amendment, then an insider in the police department could help some reporter win a Pulitzer Prize.

But I guess there's nothing that can be done in the Information age. It's too difficult to get information on what's going on out there.

Yeah and what's gonna change? Police have been operating in this manner for yeears. Nothing has changed, things just get shuffled around and then back to business as normal.

A nice article? Yeah that's might get someone an award but that's about it. It's real easy to sit on a chair and tell someone else what they should have done. I listened to everything he tried over a 5-6 years and he was screwed at every turn.

Yeah and what's gonna change? Police have been operating in this manner for yeears. Nothing has changed, things just get shuffled around and then back to business as normal.

A nice article? Yeah that's might get someone an award but that's about it. It's real easy to sit on a chair and tell someone else what they should have done. I listened to everything he tried over a 5-6 years and he was screwed at every turn.

Francesco Vincent Serpico (born April 14, 1936) is a former NYPD Detective who holds both American and Italian citizenship. He is known for whistleblowing on police corruption in the late 1960s and early 1970s, an act that prompted Mayor John V. Lindsay to appoint the landmark Knapp Commission to investigate the NYPD

I know quite a few cops. I have family (wifes family actually) who are retired cops. The ones I know are good cops, however, I am still of the belief that most cops are not good cops. I beleive most cops are corrupt, and most entire precincts are corrupt as well.

Fully agree with both of you. The police constantly use boot on the neck tactics because those are the easiest tactics when all individual liberty has been eroded so terribly. If I was President, I would--

1. End the war on drugs
2. Completely gut property seizure practices
3. Reinstate full rights after a prison term is completed
4. Remove all military surplus from police forces
5. Immediately kill all public-sector unions
6. THEN I'd start moving on the financial stuff that would take generations complete--balancing the budget, flat tax, all that stuff that seems so impossible.

As the nation's top cop, I think the President can unilaterally fix items 1, 2, 4, and maybe 5. Or at least effectively fix them, and wait for Congress to catch up.

I agree with you but for a couple of points:

2. You have to seize property of miscreants AFTER a trial. Civil Forfeiture w/o trial is un-American.

4. Police in the US have to have good equipment because our Military and NG are not LE organizations in the US. From what I hear, cops don't even want MRAPs, they want Bearcats, which are designed for police. We don't need as many SWAT teams, but we do need them.

5. Police Unions CAN be like the IBEW: provide training and information and security. Our Officers need protection, but yes the Cop Union thing needs a revamp. Not elimination. Baby, meet bathwater. Unions do a good job of keeping Cops safe, in fact, LEO is not even a very dangerous job in the US. Groundskeeping and factory work are more lethal and have more injuries.

Waco
Ruby Ridge

All I need to know about BATFE.
f

If you base your entire opinion two instances, then your opinion doesn't count. You're basically just another version of a BLM protester. Or a Rodney King rioter.

Those are two good examples of LE needing more accountability. Lon Horiuchi got off on a literal technicality. He should have done prison time.

the war on drugs and anti-gun laws.

In my opinion this is absolutely the root of the overall problem.

I agree, but what you're really talking about is Pre-Crime. It is the basis of both of those laws.

Tooting a line and having a 5,000 rd drum mag are not in and of themselves dangerous acts, and they don't infringe on another Citizen's Rights, in and of themselves.

Here are some others:
  • Committing a felony does not mean you are going to use a gun in later crimes, or vote in a capricious and arbitrary manner. Therefore, after a Felon is done with Crim Justice, they are 100% free.
  • Going to Iraq and getting PTSD then a Domestic Violence conviction does not mean the Vet is going to shoot up a school. Therefore, the Vet is free to go and buy guns after his sentence is up and he receives treatment maybe.
  • Driving with alcohol on your breath and not breaking or only breaking one minor traffic law does not mean the drunk is going to plow into another vehicle and kill children. Therefore, unless it can be shown the DUI was weaving around dangerously, driving drunk is literally not a crime. It is a pre-crime.
There are other instances that don't fit the Drug War/Gun Control OR the pre-crime model:
  • Getting convicted by the State for Armed Robbery, THEN getting convicted by the Federal Government for using a firearm in commission of a felony is Double Jeopardy. It's done all the time, dozens of times each biz day.
  • Civil Forfeitures happen all the time that have nothing to do with Drugs or Guns. The most persistent of these are Tax Forfeitures, seizures, or freezes during an IRS investigation. Again, happens all of the time, but hundreds of times each biz day. This is different if there is a foreign entity involved like a Terrorist or shell company. The only way that any property should be removed from a Citizen is due process of Law in a Court.
There are plenty of other gray areas as well. The underlying problem is too many laws, and pre-crime.

If you base your entire opinion two instances, then your opinion doesn't count. You're basically just another version of a BLM protester. Or a Rodney King rioter.

Those are two good examples of LE needing more accountability. Lon Horiuchi got off on a literal technicality. He should have done prison time.

Actually, I can base my opinion on a couple of accounts... same as I base my opinion of you on ONE account of beating a woman. Once is enough.

As for the ATF... those were two examples, hell yes theres more... add to it "fast and furious" led by Eric Holder, Milwaukee sting operation, The good ol boy roundup, and on and on... One of the most corrupt and fawked bureau's in the .gov.

But hey, feel free to back peddle and show me the error in my thinking... I'll wait.

You have no credibility. You called me or for being a liar, that I presented an impossible scenario, I easily proved you wrong, and you were a cocksucker about it, so fuck off

But he’s correct... you cannot be retroactively a felon. It’s essentially double jeopardy...

I know quite a few cops. I have family (wifes family actually) who are retired cops. The ones I know are good cops, however, I am still of the belief that most cops are not good cops. I beleive most cops are corrupt, and most entire precincts are corrupt as well.

Would be hard to not be corrupt in the age of civil asset forfeiture and a complete lack of moral code/integrity in society...

Would be hard to not be corrupt in the age of civil asset forfeiture and a complete lack of moral code/integrity in society...

I agree with you 100%. There is absolutely no integrity or moral code in society as a whole anymore.

Actually, I can base my opinion on a couple of accounts... same as I base my opinion of you on ONE account of beating a woman. Once is enough.

As for the ATF... those were two examples, hell yes theres more... add to it "fast and furious" led by Eric Holder, Milwaukee sting operation, The good ol boy roundup, and on and on... One of the most corrupt and fawked bureau's in the .gov.

But hey, feel free to back peddle and show me the error in my thinking... I'll wait.

Oh, you made a mistake. You were thinking I cared about changing your mind or what your mind was in the first place. That's not the case.

Blanket condemnation is still a cognitive flaw, and you have it.

What I do care about is pointing out your errors to other people so that they don't repeat them, and so that we can advance the topic at hand which is what needs to be done to deal with LE. For example, trashing the entire BATF would be a mistake, we need a department focused on alcohol, guns, and I guess tobaccy.

Getting angry and throwing the baby out is immature, that's literally what the BLM/Antifa are rioting for. Eliminating the police. We need the police, we just need to reign them in and change some laws.

Top Back Refresh