What's new

Pit bull dumpster fire

Where is our tire expert, Kaptin Cooper?

Did he make the switch?
I'm here, 100% switched- I'm just slow. :flipoff2:

I saw the meltdown. Id guess stress + drugs (or lack of drugs?) It sucks, but pit bull has had some issues for a while and the business model didn't seems doable long term. As someone else pointed out, nobody is gonna buy your shit when they can just wait for you to the once a year "at cost" sale. Also, the product really needed updating... 37x13.50 bias pbr's are really a 34x19.50 and while the sidewalls were tough as hell they had the traction of a Thornbird. I've heard the radials were alot better, which seems dumb- the whole idea of bias in this age is you get better off road performance at a sacrifice to on road.

Basically, if you can't make it in the tire industry these days your business model is retarded. All prices are overly inflated and have been for over a decade.

I'm here, 100% switched- I'm just slow. :flipoff2:

I saw the meltdown. Id guess stress + drugs (or lack of drugs?) It sucks, but pit bull has had some issues for a while and the business model didn't seems doable long term. As someone else pointed out, nobody is gonna buy your shit when they can just wait for you to the once a year "at cost" sale. Also, the product really needed updating... 37x13.50 bias pbr's are really a 34x19.50 and while the sidewalls were tough as hell they had the traction of a Thornbird. I've heard the radials were alot better, which seems dumb- the whole idea of bias in this age is you get better off road performance at a sacrifice to on road.

Basically, if you can't make it in the tire industry these days your business model is retarded. All prices are overly inflated and have been for over a decade.

ummm

https://www.facebook.com/pitbulltire...type=1&theater

One of the better videos I have watched recently. Thank you for the link. I agree with Milton the .gov needs to get out of most everything. Let the market work!

he's an awesome watch. go back to when he was even younger in the 70s and 80s and watch him destroy students that question him in an open forum.

The world needs more Milton Freidman

Someone had saved and uploaded a rant from 2018 where he explains why it is acceptable to do this from a business page

FB_IMG_1590590958757.jpg

FB_IMG_1590590962985.jpg

FB_IMG_1590590966839.jpg

the prices weren't out of line before the perpetually-going-out-of-business-furniture-store pricing model was put in to place :( I think that is what makes me most sad about it. they got themselves way sucked up in the highs and lows of mob swings and it has cost them significantly.

Yes because people saw half off and went nuts. Then they pissed off a lot of people by turning half off what their cart said. Some people got that, then some were charged shipping and some had to pay half off inflated prices 6-8 months later.

I think that sale hurt their reputation big time.

I like my 37" Rocker radials a lot, but won't be buying any more tires from Pitbull for the above quoted reasons. The social media screen shots just cement that decision for me. Interco or Maxxis will be getting my money from now on.

Are you sponsored by them?

That is what I am thinking :laughing: The black labels aren't bad for the price (except the paper thin sidewalls), but I don't see why they are even being mentioned in the same sentence as reds or other real stickies.

You cannot really compare stickys to dot tires. That is like comparing slicks or pro bracket radials to regular car tires. Not the same.

That is what I am thinking :laughing: The black labels aren't bad for the price (except the paper thin sidewalls), but I don't see why they are even being mentioned in the same sentence as reds or other real stickies.

I already answered yes. But no one is free sponsored by milestar. I paid over $2,000 bucks to milestar for tires for KOH. I switched from free ride on Falken to paying for milestar on purpose.

Ironic is going on about "America First" and hate everyone and everything else that doesn't chant with them, yet when the going gets tough they don't stick it out and keep your product made in the USA, and help USA become self sufficient, they run to another country to keep their business afloat and blame others for having to do so. This is the current state of political extremists on both polar ends who are not thinking for themselves and are only mad about what their favorite news station tells them to be mad about for that day. It is also a marketing strategy as is clearly demonstrated throughout the media. Yes they might loose some followers and customers but they will lock in the emotional attachment of the directed audience and sales will go up. In this case they caused a lot of other problems that they will have to battle with if they want to stay in business.
People are too quick to think you are on one side or the other and associate you with the beliefs they think you have in common or disagree about. Two parties have to know where they stand before they can start to disagree. What does made in the USA even mean to us anymore? If a foreign made CNC machine makes a part out of foreign metal on American soil can we call it made in the USA. Where does the tire tooling come from. Where does the belting come from. Where is the rubber plantation. Henry Ford lost a lot of money and failed at trying to control the foreign rubber supply chain for his tires rather than invest that energy into the majority of the car that was made in the USA and stay profitable.

Top Back Refresh