What's new

Pirate finally dead?

What is it you go back there for? Not mad or trying to start anything ... more wondering if we need something more here.

Its the same mother fuckers that spy on their ex-gf or ex-wife. SHE'S GONE. STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT.

"Omg i saw on fb that pirate just wrecked her new Altima. I know for a fact her dad bought that car. Bitch ain't worked in 3 months I guarantee the insurance is lapsed. Stupid bitch. Still in the club every weekend. I hear her ex is taking her back to court trying to get full custody. Good for him. Fuck that old wrecked ass Altima bitch."

I go by there occasionally purely out of mean-spirited, small-minded, cold-hearted spite, to watch the place that so violently rejected us wither. It makes me happy to see only three regular users. I hope Administrator enjoys his empire, that little pustule.

The only single thing I miss about that place is the backlog of tech from years past. The community is gone, moved to a friendlier place.

0.jpg

What is it you go back there for? Not mad or trying to start anything ... more wondering if we need something more here.

I've been banned but the only thing I, very reluctantly, went back there for was because I was doing research on a vehicle and a previous owner had several posts on PBB about it. Found the pic of the Unimog on Google Images and seen that it was on PBB .... that was hard to go read. :flipoff2:

I have some actual content over there and I get notifications if someone posts in my thread. Only time I go back is when I get an email that there’s a new post in one of my threads.

Haven't been there in months now.

I'm band anyway.

Well, not all the way banned... :evil:

But I still don't go back. Fk em.

Just a few mins ago encountered this.

I haven't been back since the great migration.

if I need to search for shit I use the google cache.

I've been banned but the only thing I, very reluctantly, went back there for was because I was doing research on a vehicle and a previous owner had several posts on PBB about it. Found the pic of the Unimog on Google Images and seen that it was on PBB .... that was hard to go read. :flipoff2:

I haven't gone back in months. Once they started with their arrogance crap I've stayed away. They ruined a great BB with their arrogance and greed.

Every VS site I go to has that message. Maybe they are imploding.

I guess all you MovedOn don't know they're calling us Klansmen and white supremacists. Nice. Still not posting there.

I just visited the old site for the first time in a few months. My two takeaways:

1.) The third thread in GCC was from like 5 days ago. :lmao:
2.) The tards still posting there think we are a bunch of white supremecists. :grinpimp:

EDIT: I see somebody else reached the same conclusion as 2.)

Last edited:
I just go there to PM members this site when they are asking what happened to the site. If I direct 1 member away its worth it. And I have seen at least 2 members here that were on the old site wondering what happened. So Im winning. :flipoff2:

There so much good tech to use from PBB. Best tech database there is with whats been discussed there. Years worth of info to cover that may never get covered here.

Its the same mother fuckers that spy on their ex-gf or ex-wife. SHE'S GONE. STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT.

"Omg i saw on fb that pirate just wrecked her new Altima. I know for a fact her dad bought that car. Bitch ain't worked in 3 months I guarantee the insurance is lapsed. Stupid bitch. Still in the club every weekend. I hear her ex is taking her back to court trying to get full custody. Good for him. Fuck that old wrecked ass Altima bitch."

:lmao:

Pbb is unavoidable, just like you found out. 20 years of tech on that bitch. It built the sport into what it is today. Ultra4 wouldn’t be around without the pbb. No rcvs, mo rock bouncers, no readily available fabricated axles, or trusses, or 4 link kits, or 4 link calculator. All the innovations. All the advancements. If it wasn’t a pbb member engineering the solution, it was pbb members pushing the limits of the currently available options that drove it. You can’t search for anything 4x4 related without ending up on pbb for that reason.

And sadly those days are over. With land closures and the advent of side by sides, it’s back to a fairly small group of folks building hard core full size wheelers. And we’ve gone from having to build and engineer things ourselves, to having a plethora of off the shelf solutions available for most everything. There’s very little to drive big new innovations. There will be progress made, but it’s going to be a crawl in comparison. Slight refinements instead of complete re-engineering. PBB was the off road industrial revolution.

IBB, as the home for all the new tech, is going to grow at a snails pace in comparison. Hell, half the members here, myself included, don’t wheel anymore. PBB was home when we were 20, and we had time to work in the garage every night, and the freedom to wheel every weekend. Nowadays most of us have grown up, had families, started businesses, and have other more important commitments. Combine that with the land closures, and the fact that the remaining trails, especially here out East, are fairly hardcore. And you can’t get away with slapping 35s on a full size bronco, cutting fenders, and beating on it as a low buck wheeler anymore. You need lockers minimum. So why fuck with the ttb if you are going to regear? Might as well swap in tons. And if you are going to put that much money into it, you should do it right the first time with links and coil overs. But once, cry once, right? When you combine those things, builds are taking years instead of 6 months. And we are building things safer than before, not pushing parts to the ragged edge of their limits. Changing blown joints is no fun on the trail, so when planning a build we are sizing axle joints that are overkill for our needs. Since we aren’t pushing limits, there’s little to push the aftermarket into building bigger and better options.

You built it, and they will come. But it won’t be as fast. It will never get as big. And there won’t be as many innovations to come out of it. IBB will never be what PBB was. The membership all jumped ship to here, and we are going to keep building shit. And we will build it using lessons learned from PBB in its heyday. If we combine that with the new materials available to us, we will build something just as special, albeit on a smaller scale.

Very well said.

Wheeling on the east coast is getting limited. We are looked at as criminal for some reason.

Pbb is unavoidable, just like you found out. 20 years of tech on that bitch. It built the sport into what it is today. Ultra4 wouldn’t be around without the pbb. No rcvs, mo rock bouncers, no readily available fabricated axles, or trusses, or 4 link kits, or 4 link calculator. All the innovations. All the advancements. If it wasn’t a pbb member engineering the solution, it was pbb members pushing the limits of the currently available options that drove it. You can’t search for anything 4x4 related without ending up on pbb for that reason.

And sadly those days are over. With land closures and the advent of side by sides, it’s back to a fairly small group of folks building hard core full size wheelers. And we’ve gone from having to build and engineer things ourselves, to having a plethora of off the shelf solutions available for most everything. There’s very little to drive big new innovations. There will be progress made, but it’s going to be a crawl in comparison. Slight refinements instead of complete re-engineering. PBB was the off road industrial revolution.

IBB, as the home for all the new tech, is going to grow at a snails pace in comparison. Hell, half the members here, myself included, don’t wheel anymore. PBB was home when we were 20, and we had time to work in the garage every night, and the freedom to wheel every weekend. Nowadays most of us have grown up, had families, started businesses, and have other more important commitments. Combine that with the land closures, and the fact that the remaining trails, especially here out East, are fairly hardcore. And you can’t get away with slapping 35s on a full size bronco, cutting fenders, and beating on it as a low buck wheeler anymore. You need lockers minimum. So why fuck with the ttb if you are going to regear? Might as well swap in tons. And if you are going to put that much money into it, you should do it right the first time with links and coil overs. But once, cry once, right? When you combine those things, builds are taking years instead of 6 months. And we are building things safer than before, not pushing parts to the ragged edge of their limits. Changing blown joints is no fun on the trail, so when planning a build we are sizing axle joints that are overkill for our needs. Since we aren’t pushing limits, there’s little to push the aftermarket into building bigger and better options.

You built it, and they will come. But it won’t be as fast. It will never get as big. And there won’t be as many innovations to come out of it. IBB will never be what PBB was. The membership all jumped ship to here, and we are going to keep building shit. And we will build it using lessons learned from PBB in its heyday. If we combine that with the new materials available to us, we will build something just as special, albeit on a smaller scale.

Yes, well said. I think though it is unfair to say it as a bad thing that the innovation will crawl instead of fly like it did before. The tech has reached near it's peak for the materials. The rocks aren't getting bigger since we already crawled them. It came so far and so fast because there was so much advancement to be made. I got in the game late compared to most of the ones already on PBB. There was next to nothing for off the shelf parts compared to what there was even 10 years ago. You can start off right out the gate with as big as you want to go. So I think the innovation will move slower because its near its peak.

I think I was 24 when I got my first jeep and started building it immediately. That was in 2006 or 2005 and there was nothing compared to what was available by the time I threw Spidertrax axles in it, links, and an Atlas. Without PBB I would never have had the access to the parts, service, support, and ideas that I did. PBB built the sport and there too much tech there that is valuable. Not only for wheeling, but for everything you could need ideas for. I have so many fishing, gun, daily driver, home improvement threads I am tracking for tech there.

Damn Canadian sap suckers. Fucked up all that was holy.

Wheeling on the east coast is getting limited. We are looked at as criminal for some reason.

Because the SxS crowd tears shit up and then the rich asshole yuppies with mountain bikes see that as an excuse to kick anything with a motor off the trails.

Lots of truth; especially regarding the evolution of the aftermarket and the chances of creating a tech resource even remotely similar to PBB here.

I will quibble with the conclusions about land access and # of people building hard-core full size wheelers. In my neck of the woods (New England) I can claim with a straight face that the state of land access has never been better; especially for hard core. We never had public land to wheel on in the first place so closures were never an issue. I don't count closure of "spots" that were never legally open to wheeling in the first place. At this point we are gaining access to public land and, through networks of regional clubs, have access to many private properties. The RI-based clubs that I belong to have access to no less than 8 properties in the smallest state; all of which I can drive to within 5-40 minutes. Its a great time to be in the sport.

Also, within my circle of friends the number of hardcore builds completed within the last year or in progress is unbelievable. I'm talking guys moving from buggied out TJ/XJ/Sami's to full tube chassis, rear steer, portals, turbo motors, fab'd axles, mind-boggling works of home-grown engineering, etc, etc. The number of associated build threads is basically zero. Every now and then we get teaser shots on FB or IG. The previous sentence is basically my reply to Austin's original question; the big social media platforms have collapsed our collective attention spans and recalibrated the amount of time we are willing to spend sharing a specific piece of information (tech). Its ironic that people spend more total time on the Internet now then ever but that time is basically wrapped up spending 5 seconds each to share an endless stream of memes instead of spending 30 minutes or an hour writing up some interesting tech.

Top Back Refresh