What's new

Pirate finally dead?

Fukt up joint owned by greedy fucks.
another good reason to stay away
The toyota bible is only "for sale" now, it's been replaced with a incoherent rambling post thread, that is un searchable and out of ANY order.
Rip ole board it was a good run!:stirthepot:

Fukt up joint owned by greedy fucks.
another good reason to stay away
The toyota bible is only "for sale" now, it's been replaced with a incoherent rambling post thread, that is un searchable and out of ANY order.
Rip ole board it was a good run!:stirthepot:

Unfortunately there is still good tech on there if you sift thru the bullshit.

Fucking snowbacks and their host server issues. :mad3:

I thought all you fawkers were Torrent bitch and shit :laughing:

There is something going on. Last week there was a question in my steering thread in Gen4x4 and I answered it. Now the question and my answer are gone and it’s not on the front page even. That place is unsearchable unsiftable!

Reactions: Clb
The real shame is that we couldn't bring the huge body of old posts, tech, etc. over here: there was a massive amount of information there just on the other side of the search button.

From a tech standpoint, it can be started fresh without some of the dick measuring. On the other hand, projects will be missed... I love reading through projects to understand unusual choices:grinpimp:

There is something going on. Last week there was a question in my steering thread in Gen4x4 and I answered it. Now the question and my answer are gone and it’s not on the front page even. That place is unsearchable unsiftable!

I haven't looked to see if you have but that thread would be great to copy over here.

Unfortunately there is still good tech on there if you sift thru the bullshit.

The "Punkskalar builds a bike chopper thing" thread and the Doc builds a a AR thread are the only ones I still consult regularly.

I was also going to look for the DOC first aid kit thread, just because I would like the list of stuff he put together. I just remember the Stapler being in there, and I was trying to remember what else he had

The real shame is that we couldn't bring the huge body of old posts, tech, etc. over here: there was a massive amount of information there just on the other side of the search button.
Worth repeating!

Last edited:
I just want to throw out that those rotten Canadian fucks are claiming ownership of every post and pic over there, and will take legal action if their material is used anywhere else. That one squirrely little Canadian administrator has given us a concrete example that they will do so.

Direct from Austin- DO NOT copy threads over here.
link
Please DO NOT do that. I've had lengthy talks with copy-write attorneys about this. VS is ferocious when it comes protecting the content they bought. This is why I didn't just copy everything over right off the bat.

https://www.pirate4x4.com/help/terms/
Preservation of Intellectual Property Rights
All material on this site, including, but not limited to images, illustrations and multimedia materials, is protected by copyrights which are owned and controlled by Pirate4x4.com or by other parties that have licensed their material to Pirate4x4.com. Material from this Web Site or from any other web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by VerticalScope may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights held by the respective providers thereof. The use of any such material on any other web site, ftp server or network environment is prohibited.

I just want to throw out that those rotten Canadian fucks are claiming ownership of every post and pic over there, and will take legal action if their material is used anywhere else. That one squirrely little Canadian administrator has given us a concrete example that they will do so.

Direct from Austin- DO NOT copy threads over here.
link

https://www.pirate4x4.com/help/terms/

I spelled copyright really wrong but no surprise....

but this is correct.

Originally, it was do not copy anything that was not originally YOURS. Now they have updated to that verbiage. Per the copyright attorneys I worked with It's still technically under their Terms Of Use ... which essentially mean, violate it and you can't use their site .... they can still submit copyright violations to this site for removal though.

You're free to rewrite good tech articles in your own words.....

What is it you go back there for? Not mad or trying to start anything ... more wondering if we need something more here.

I've been banned but the only thing I, very reluctantly, went back there for was because I was doing research on a vehicle and a previous owner had several posts on PBB about it. Found the pic of the Unimog on Google Images and seen that it was on PBB .... that was hard to go read. :flipoff2:

What is it you go back there for? Not mad or trying to start anything ... more wondering if we need something more here.

I've been banned but the only thing I, very reluctantly, went back there for was because I was doing research on a vehicle and a previous owner had several posts on PBB about it. Found the pic of the Unimog on Google Images and seen that it was on PBB .... that was hard to go read. :flipoff2:

I only head back infrequently to bump a for sale ad. Maybe a waste of time but maybe there is three people over there looking for a king pin axle :p

I've tried to piece meal "restart" some threads like link material and coilover alternatives ;)

Top Back Refresh