What's new

Phone upgrade - anyone with a pixel 6 pro?

Had my Pixel 6 Pro for about a year, just broke the screen last week.....
$300 to have it replaced by a Google certified repair shop.
Good thing I had free cell-phone insurance as a credit card benefit :grinpimp:

Spilled oil on my pixel 6 pro and Asurion put me into a Pixel 7 Pro because they had no 512 gb pixel 6's. I've had to have the screen replaced once and the entire phone a second time due to the screen blinking green. Now it will randomly dim as if I had adaptive brightness turned on but it's off. Seems like software issues now tho.

Any one here have a Pixel 7/ 7 pro?

T-mobile/Sprint and google are offering $300 trade in on my current Samsung S20 so thinking about switching over. Have been Samsung fan boy since the S4 but thinking about switching.

I have the 7 and wife has the 7 pro. I would get either for the picture quality alone. The zoom on the 7 pro is incredible. Clearest zoom I've ever seen on a phone to date. I initially had fingerprint scanner issues but that has been fixed with an update. Vanilla Android great as always vs bloatware loaded Samsung garbage.

I have one. Pictures are great, reception seems less than the 3xl it replaced. I decided I prefer a flat screen. I also prefer the fingerprint reader on the back. I seem to have to fuss with the in screen reader. It doest like my right thumb and having a sensor you can feel is quicker for me.

Google started doing stupid apple shit last year and I’ve been lady at looking for a fix. The screen won’t stay locked so I’m accidentally hitting buttons all the time. Every android I’ve had I could lock the screen and it stayed lock.

This is a setting. The phone in stock form will register a tap on the screen to wake it up for people that want to see their lock screen to check notifications without unlocking the phone. I find this highly annoying myself. Go to settings, display, lock screen, tap to check phone set to off, lift to check phone set to off. This will keep the phone locked until you really want to unlock it.

Just ordered the P7P.

Normal trade in on my S20 was like $40 so getting $300 for it sealed the deal. Hopefully the Pixel holds up as well as the Samsungs have for me. Case and screen protector are ordered as well.

I've always had Samsung S phones and I got a pixel 6 pro for over 1 year now. No complaints at all besides charging cords don't stay locked in like they used to but I'm guessing that the charge port is dirty or has lint in it so I'll clean that soon. When this phone finally dies I'm gonna prob go with the pixel 7 pro since I like this more than my Samsung's I've had in the past.

Top Back Refresh