What's new

Phone upgrade - anyone with a pixel 6 pro?

Fuzzydog

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
BC Interior
I am currently using a pixel 4xl and it ticks all the boxes. Screen has gotten a bit flaky lately ( click on an app and it closes the app instead of what it was supposed to do...little shit like that)
I absolutely love the night shot photography of the pixel 4xl and hope it is still in the 6 pro.

So anyone using the 6pro and care to share your thoughts?

Oh and ...... In before the " dude you should just get the latest iPhone...." crowd gets here

And also fuck people that thing androids are bloatware piles of shit because they had a Samsung S3 or some such junk. Pixel phones are night and day different.

And also fuck people that thing androids are bloatware piles of shit because they had a Samsung S3 or some such junk. Pixel phones are night and day different.
BEST PHONE EVER! :flipoff2:

E439CE99-3CC0-4383-9AC3-0D4128364AAF.jpeg

still rocking the pixal 4 here.

How about fixing your phone before spending money on a new one?

I bet a reset of it fixing your issues.

Wife and I have 6 Pros.

The best damn camera ever, very fast and capable with processor and RAM, the curved screen edges make glass protectors either suck or not exist but TPU protectors work well enough.

We've had some connectivity issues lately but the recent update is supposed to fix that. Normal teething issues as with any new phone.

If you like Android, it's the best phone on the market for you.

still rocking the pixal 4 here.

How about fixing your phone before spending money on a new one?

I bet a reset of it fixing your issues.
I mostly just want the upgraded camera, if in fact it is an upgrade. I do have a pretty kickass full size camera but don't always want to get it out. Knowing what my 4xl can do with astrophotography, the thought of what the 6pro can do makes my boy parts feel funny

Wife and I have 6 Pros.

The best damn camera ever, very fast and capable with processor and RAM, the curved screen edges make glass protectors either suck or not exist but TPU protectors work well enough.

We've had some connectivity issues lately but the recent update is supposed to fix that. Normal teething issues as with any new phone.

If you like Android, it's the best phone on the market for you.
Does it have the night shot photo stacking mode?

Eta:. Found it, and it does!

I kinda want to switch to Pixel- but a few years ago drank the I phone kool aid- now everything I have ever done is somehow attached to 'I phone' - more annoying than not imo.

The glass in most non-Apple phones these days is durable enough that you really don't need screen protectors anymore. I didn't bother with one on my 3XL or my current 5 and I've had zero damage to either screen.

Kinda curious about the 6 myself. Have zero thoughts about going to another brand after the last two Google phones.

The glass in most non-Apple phones these days is durable enough that you really don't need screen protectors anymore. I didn't bother with one on my 3XL or my current 5 and I've had zero damage to either screen.

Kinda curious about the 6 myself. Have zero thoughts about going to another brand after the last two Google phones.

I've heard the same for the screens, but I'm not a gambling man so I'm wary of running it naked. I'll always have it in a case too (Spigen Tough Armor at the moment).

And I'm also 100% Pixel, as is my wife. Iphones work but they are a simplified experience for people who don't want to do any tech things with their tech. It's a nice trendy appliance.

I've heard the same for the screens, but I'm not a gambling man so I'm wary of running it naked. I'll always have it in a case too (Spigen Tough Armor at the moment).

And I'm also 100% Pixel, as is my wife. Iphones work but they are a simplified experience for people who don't want to do any tech things with their tech. It's a nice trendy appliance.
I do still use cases so that even if I set my phone screen down, there's not direct contact to the screen.
I'm also not rough on my phones. They're $500-1000+ electronics and I try to treat them like they are.

I run OtterBox HD or whatever cases on my phones but I haven't ran a screen protector in like 8-10 years. I've put a tiny scratch in one screen and this phone has a small blemish from a welding berry hitting it.

I've been seriously considering jumping from an old android to an iPhone 13 after seeing the amazing things the camera does. Now it sounds like I have a new rabbit hole to go down looking into the Pixel 4/5/6?

The 5 seems to be more obscure when looking at unlocked phones on amazon, is there any reason for that?

I've been seriously considering jumping from an old android to an iPhone 13 after seeing the amazing things the camera does. Now it sounds like I have a new rabbit hole to go down looking into the Pixel 4/5/6?

The 5 seems to be more obscure when looking at unlocked phones on amazon, is there any reason for that?
Electronic pricing is all over the place, but generally unlocked phones are more expensive because they're not be subsidized and purchased in bulk by your phone carrier.

Electronic pricing is all over the place, but generally unlocked phones are more expensive because they're not be subsidized and purchased in bulk by your phone carrier.
I 100% know how that works. I was more commenting on unit availability and asking if a 5 was more of an in-between model that didn't get the hype or marketing that the 4 or 6 did?

I 100% know how that works. I was more commenting on unit availability and asking if a 5 was more of an in-between model that didn't get the hype or marketing that the 4 or 6 did?
5 is old these days. The 5a is better than it and available since its new. Im a big believer in new cheap phones vs old flagships. The software works for longer and tech is usually very similar.

Did the camera get downgraded on the Pixel 5? I have one and it does pretty good but seems to be lacking from I remember the previous one doing.

And I can't get the night shot to take any sort of good picture.

I am just going from memory, which is dangerous but I seem to recall that I looked into the pixel5 and decided against it because of the cam - that it wasn't as good as the 4xl.

I just recently switched from a pixel 4xl due to the screen not pressing what I actually pressed. Went to a pixel 6 pro 512GB and I understand teething issues but I'm sometimes wishing I had my pixel 4xl back

Pixel 5 here and wife has the 6 Pro. Love them. I've been team Samsung since the S3 I think? Finally got fed up with the Samsung proprietary software overlay on Android as well as their shit software and bloatware they push on you that can't be removed. I won't be switching back.

I just recently switched from a pixel 4xl due to the screen not pressing what I actually pressed. Went to a pixel 6 pro 512GB and I understand teething issues but I'm sometimes wishing I had my pixel 4xl back
Ooph.

And again, where are you guys getting a 512g version? All I see is 128 and 256?

Ooph.

And again, where are you guys getting a 512g version? All I see is 128 and 256?
Verizon

Huh. Telus only offered me 128gb. I was pissed at first then looked and see that after 2 years I am still only using 48gb or the 128 on my 4xl so I guess no big deal....

Buddy has the pixel 6 (non pro) that has been buggy as well. Off as my 2 and 5 have been great for a bugs are concerned.

With the brand new Tensor chip it's going to be buggy. The 6 will only get better with time as they fix those bugs and figure out how to get the most out of Tensor. The bugs are not worth passing on the phone IMO, there has already been a couple system updates so they are squashing them quickly. FWIW my wife has not noticed any bugs on hers.

Top Back Refresh