What's new

Phone upgrade - anyone with a pixel 6 pro?

Got my pixel 6pro, nice phone but it must be made of some space age, no friction, super Teflon material. It is a slippery little eel! Already ordered a rubberized case for it.

More importantly, if you were thinking of getting one I would hold off. I am typing this on my old pixel 4xl because the 6pro won't load any apps. Google tells me others are having the same prob and I am sure that they are working on the problem but if I had known about it I prob would have held off.

One thing I've read in reviews is people seem to like the fact that the protruding camera "bar" on the back of the phone makes it more stable when laying on a surface, as opposed to a cluster of lenses of to one side that would make it rock side to side when touched.

Anyone have any feedback on wireless charging with one of these? Does that big 'ol thing sticking out the back mean you need to consider the size/shape of whatever wireless charging pad you are trying to use?

One thing I've read in reviews is people seem to like the fact that the protruding camera "bar" on the back of the phone makes it more stable when laying on a surface, as opposed to a cluster of lenses of to one side that would make it rock side to side when touched.

Anyone have any feedback on wireless charging with one of these? Does that big 'ol thing sticking out the back mean you need to consider the size/shape of whatever wireless charging pad you are trying to use?
I have the 2nd gen wireless charger from google and a quadlock wireless charger (have to use quadlock case) and haven't had any issues.

I'm a dual phone guy, work and personal. I considered a dual SIM phone, but I don't really want the work phone with at all times. I replaced my Blackberry PRIV (still my favorite phone ever) with a refurbished Pixel 3a around about the time the 5 was released. I do like the Pixel a lot, I miss my physical qwerty, but like the Pixel a lot.

I'm leaning toward letting work replace my Blackberry KeyOne with a Pixel 6, putting my personal SIM in it and my work SIM in my current personal 3a.

Buddy of mine has a 6 as his work phone, he's been an iPhone guy for the past 5 or so years, and says he's liked his 6 as well or better than anything he's had to this point.

6 month update - Would not recommend. Have had it since Feb/mar and it is just crazy buggy. Nice phone but does not respond consistently to instructions.

That's odd. Maybe its an issue with the Pro version. I have the regular Pixel 6 for a couple months now and have had zero issues.

My Pro is good 99.9% of the time. Occasionally it has annoying screen lags or touch issues but as usual they are solved by a reboot.

It's still the best option on the market as I don't like the Samsung bloatware and UI on my personal phone. I use it for work and on the family tablet and it's kinda dumb.

It has gone through buggy periods, that would be cleared up, then go to hell again, rinse, repeat. Currently frustrating as hell - tap an icon and the wrong app opens. How the hell does that even happen?
It says a lot that it is noteworthy when it works well, because it is so rare. YMMV of course

It has gone through buggy periods, that would be cleared up, then go to hell again, rinse, repeat. Currently frustrating as hell - tap an icon and the wrong app opens. How the hell does that even happen?
It says a lot that it is noteworthy when it works well, because it is so rare. YMMV of course
I would wipe it and start fresh. That's certainly not normal behavior.

6 month update - Would not recommend. Have had it since Feb/mar and it is just crazy buggy. Nice phone but does not respond consistently to instructions.
That's strange. I have a 5a personal phone and 6 pro work phone. They both work flawlessly for me with no bugs. I've actually been a really big fan and wished my personal phone was a 6 pro.

That's super strange. Not the experience I'm having at all with mine.

1). Principle. "We made it and you'll like it that way!" is very iPhone. Being able to triple your storage for $50 is nice.

2). I keep phones forever. My current S8 Active's USB port crapped out, but I can still move huge files around easily with the SD.

Yeah, the Xcover Pro has a slot, and a removable battery. I'll probably suffer the mediocre performance and go that way.

1). Principle. "We made it and you'll like it that way!" is very iPhone. Being able to triple your storage for $50 is nice.

2). I keep phones forever. My current S8 Active's USB port crapped out, but I can still move huge files around easily with the SD.

Yeah, the Xcover Pro has a slot, and a removable battery. I'll probably suffer the mediocre performance and go that way.
Don't disagree with any of this. I do somewhat understand the move however from the mfg perspective. I've gotten used to no SD card, it frankly has made me up my home NAS, cloud storage, and backup game. So now I keep a lot less shit on my phone. Probably for the best.

My old Pixel4 5G is the worst phone I have owned. I won't toss out my old Pixel 2 because it works so much better. My new company bought me a Pixel 6 Pro and I have to say that this thing kicks ass. Great phone, great camera, runs Teams (work) and Outlook, and no bloatware (looking at you Samsung). Would buy another 10/10.

My old Pixel4 5G is the worst phone I have owned. I won't toss out my old Pixel 2 because it works so much better. My new company bought me a Pixel 6 Pro and I have to say that this thing kicks ass. Great phone, great camera, runs Teams (work) and Outlook, and no bloatware (looking at you Samsung). Would buy another 10/10.
Same feelings I have. I can run teams, zoom, powerpoint, and outlook all at once and not have the thing crash :homer:

I will say my pixel 6 pro has been much better since Android 13 was released but it still has its bugs every now and then. Mainly media related issues

Any one here have a Pixel 7/ 7 pro?

T-mobile/Sprint and google are offering $300 trade in on my current Samsung S20 so thinking about switching over. Have been Samsung fan boy since the S4 but thinking about switching.

Last edited:
I have one. Pictures are great, reception seems less than the 3xl it replaced. I decided I prefer a flat screen. I also prefer the fingerprint reader on the back. I seem to have to fuss with the in screen reader. It doest like my right thumb and having a sensor you can feel is quicker for me.

Google started doing stupid apple shit last year and I’ve been lady at looking for a fix. The screen won’t stay locked so I’m accidentally hitting buttons all the time. Every android I’ve had I could lock the screen and it stayed lock.

Top Back Refresh