What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

That just it I can’t put a flunky on the phone. The what are you trying to do question is the most important one. Then I can recommend them what to do and what yo buy. It sucks dropping the wrong
Shit off. People cry and I usually haul a second load for nothing just to keep them happy.

In all honesty these sales only account for less than 10% if my yearly sales but are 75% of the headaches. I do it to keep the neighbors happy. I give them good deals to keep me on their good side.

I should try to find another good driver or two and hit this harder so I can justify hiring a competent phone person.

Minor rant over lol
Place I use has a gal driver that also ansers the phone about 2/3rds of the time. She grew up in the biz and knows her shit. Guy calls in and she is smarter than him but polite. Gal calls in and she Knows how to get the answers she needs to makes sure its the right shit.
Find yourself one of those unicorns:lmao::lmao:

Place I use has a gal driver that also ansers the phone about 2/3rds of the time. She grew up in the biz and knows her shit. Guy calls in and she is smarter than him but polite. Gal calls in and she Knows how to get the answers she needs to makes sure its the right shit.
That is a unicorn. Is she decent looking? If she is she better be making 30 a hour lol.

The truck driver I have now is actually really good at this it’s just he I cannot have him answer the phone all the time. If I give him 8 loads to do today right away in the morning he gets all anxious wether he’ll get them done or not. If I give them in 3 loads batches he’ll get the same 8 done with no issues. It would be too much.

I just need to win the lottery or find some cheap ins so I could have my wife do this. She would be awesome at it just she is ultra conservative and refuses work for me because she works to provide the ins for the family. She won’t throw all the eggs into one basket.

That is a unicorn. Is she decent looking? If she is she better be making 30 a hour lol.

The truck driver I have now is actually really good at this it’s just he I cannot have him answer the phone all the time. If I give him 8 loads to do today right away in the morning he gets all anxious wether he’ll get them done or not. If I give them in 3 loads batches he’ll get the same 8 done with no issues. It would be too much.

I just need to win the lottery or find some cheap ins so I could have my wife do this. She would be awesome at it just she is ultra conservative and refuses work for me because she works to provide the ins for the family. She won’t throw all the eggs into one basket.
Decent looking for her mid to late 50’s...

texas blake would hit it

edit: she knows how to actually drive her rig. Seen her back down shit most people in cars get scared to go down forwards.

That is a unicorn. Is she decent looking?
Irrelevant - actually, a plain-looking woman who knows her shit is what you want.
That way, everyone doesn't lose time flirting with or trying to impress her.

I say that because a place I sometimes buy (homeowner / small project bits of) steel has a nice older lady who knows steel dimensions & specs like an ASTM manual. When I show up w/o all my info., I feel like a moron (she's never complained, I just feel the need to step up to her level). I'm not attracted to her physically, but I "love" her helping me out - she asks all the right questions and knows all the answers.

That just it I can’t put a flunky on the phone. The what are you trying to do question is the most important one. Then I can recommend them what to do and what yo buy. It sucks dropping the wrong
Shit off. People cry and I usually haul a second load for nothing just to keep them happy.

In all honesty these sales only account for less than 10% if my yearly sales but are 75% of the headaches. I do it to keep the neighbors happy. I give them good deals to keep me on their good side.

I should try to find another good driver or two and hit this harder so I can justify hiring a competent phone person.

Minor rant over lol
My employer has two service businesses: one that services commercial clients taking the skid to site with an operator and processing thousands/tens of thousands of gallons a day. The other is a rental that offers skids small enough to fit in a 6' pickup bed the customers operate themselves on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Typically the rental is for the DIY'ers or the very small scale businesses processing a few hundred gallons a day.

The rental business is 10% the labor size and 5% the asset size of the service business and accounts for about 5% of the revenue. Guess where 75% of the failures and phone calls come from? Typical.

It stops being worth it pretty quickly if those small scale businesses didn't grow into larger scale every once in a while for us.

He follows me everywhere I go. He is never out of my sight lol. My little wingman.

E6CABC15-284F-48ED-9698-B297F0C12C4C.jpeg
Judging by that pic I think your dog is broken.

Judging by that pic I think your dog is broken.

He’s a hammer head. No brains in this guy he’s all heart lol. Little bastard was in my truck when I ran in to get a part and he decided he needed to eat my lunch. Ate a piece of pizza and some cheese curds. What a asshole. We love him anyways

Diesel Creek on you tube calls his Meathead.
They defiantly have a tarded streak to them, but loyal as all hell.

My nephew had one that has separation anxiety issues. When he would fall asleep and wake up and you weren't there he thought you had left him.

To counteract this he would snuggle up to you and clamp onto your leg with his mouth....HARD.

It was kinda cute in a painful way other than having a slobber soaked leg afterward.

you care far too much
"you ordered class 5, I delivered class 5, where's the problem ma'am?"

Decent looking for her mid to late 50’s...
texas blake would hit it
edit: she knows how to actually drive her rig. Seen her back down shit most people in cars get scared to go down forwards.
you on one of the islands in the northeast there?
sounds familiar, also does welding and hobby airplane shit

Love this thread and just got caught up. I'm at a "small major gold mine" in Alaska and I think we run less tons than you do at most of your plants. Your creative fixes are awesome and I wish we could get away with more in the "corporate" world, way too much red tape and politics to deal with that really hurt the bottom line. We do have a lot of creative fixes to get us by while we wait a month + for parts which I really enjoy figuring out. Being the only guy on the crew who can actually read a hydro schematic and understand controls gives me some fun projects. Working at your place has to be a blast.

That rope thread is awesome, off to the fastenal catalog I go to try and sneak some in our next stock order.

I have heard of them using continous miners in copper mines though it has to be right the ore. If 2BB could come up with a machine to get away from blasting and actually last he'd be a billionaire.

Last mine I was at was block and cave, we'd move 10k tons in a 12 hour shift with 4 9 yard loaders, 2 80 haul trucks, a gyratory crusher knocking down to 8" minus, 15 miles of belt, and 0 blasting besides oversize. Super expensive to get into operation and cheap to operate once you got to that point. I don't think it would ever be profitable in a quarry operation though it has proved to work great for semi precious metals (copper, moly) with the right ore body.

Minor rant over lol
Sounds like a perfect job for a remote worker.

I've always wanted to crawl my shitboxes on those but Targets are fucking overrun with Karens who would flip out.

Haha that’s awesome. That’s my sand and buckshot in those thing. I got a couple dozen or two bad ones at the pit.

Some random pics for you guys
01DD4767-22CC-421B-8BE2-5585B21D8CF8.jpeg

The

97E234D5-D68D-4806-9BB1-C24EBC67ADB1.jpeg

The dirty material from the shot is made into 1 1/4” dense base

E061CAD3-A53F-4BD6-8391-B1F5251DB1D2.jpeg

Been making punch plates for the top deck of the screens. The large opening wire cloth is getting expensive and it wears out really quick.
55E02780-E74C-47A5-B8DE-E17EA214442E.jpeg

Been having low power issues on my n14 powering a breaker. The fucking engineer should be shot who put that blind bolt on the backside of the pump. If you have to use wrenches like this to remove something you failed at your job.
500E294F-FF46-4A17-AA54-22FE051795AB.jpeg

It’s sucking air somewhere. Spent a half day today trying to get this cleared up. It sucks when the engine stalls with the jaw full of rock. Because then you rock the jaw to get it going again and end up fucking the clutch up lol.
4FF1A53E-D46D-4783-A78C-71DF7B1098D5.jpeg

Had to pull this guy off and put new fine disks in. It got warm and the plates between the fiber disks stopped moving freely. Causing only the one disk to grab instead of three. It makes a awesome amount of smoke when this happens.

I’m pretty sure I got it and we’ll be going again tomorrow.

Top Back Refresh