What's new

OTR O/Os - trucks?

Lol. You think you're gonna run regional freight out of state with a daycab?

But it doesn't surprise me you're looking at crapcadias.
I did and still do daily runs even though I have a sleeper now . . . But it helps to be ~70 miles from 2 other states.

The split pin bushings were a problem on the auto 10spd, correct? Is that something that the trans has to be dropped for?
The Detroit 12 speed auto, 10 speeds are Eatons...
Split pin bushing kit is a "fix" for the original design of the actuator rods from the shift controller...originally the shift rods rode directly in the trans case...well, steel on aluminum didnt last so long...the kit has insert bushings and reduced diameter rods.....I believe all the ones built in the past decade come like that, but the first gen ones had issues. You still see issues from time to time, but its at 400k vs. 25k
And yes, gotta drip the trans to do it.

Yeah... he's based in LA, and it would take most of his clock to get to Phoenix. He might be able to pull off a round-trip to Vegas, but everything would have to line up just right.

there is all kinds of loads here. Tons of guys at the yard running local in daycabs. Im not even talking port work (because fuck that)

Imalso pretty sure Ill be able to rent them out, as well as use them for 10sp training.

im just not going to pay the stupid premium on a sleeper. not doing it. sleepers have always had lower resale around here before this.

Lol. You think you're gonna run regional freight out of state with a daycab?

But it doesn't surprise me you're looking at crapcadias.

t800 was my first choice, but it carries a 30k premium, so do the other kenworths. Aero petes are better in price, but not as good as the cascadia, and honestlt I am afraid of sticker shock. Since this isnt the big hp truck i want, I dont care as much.

id go international but 2 things. 1. how they fucked everyone on dealing with the maxxforcd deal. 2. I hear the cummins in them dont pull as we, and the ones Ive seen are 400hp vs 450.

i am open though. the 8600 was OK as a truck (no high expectations), and we have three 4300/4400 trucks now. Dash aint falling apart like on an old Ram though, doors arent sagging, no rust... lot of happy guys driving lt625 online

t800 was my first choice, but it carries a 30k premium, so do the other kenworths. Aero petes are better in price, but not as good as the cascadia, and honestlt I am afraid of sticker shock. Since this isnt the big hp truck i want, I dont care as much.

id go international but 2 things. 1. how they fucked everyone on dealing with the maxxforcd deal. 2. I hear the cummins in them dont pull as we, and the ones Ive seen are 400hp vs 450.

i am open though. the 8600 was OK as a truck (no high expectations), and we have three 4300/4400 trucks now. Dash aint falling apart like on an old Ram though, doors arent sagging, no rust... lot of happy guys driving lt625 online

Of course sleeper trucks are higher priced. You're also trying to buy in the busiest freight market ever and trucks are priced higher than giraffe pussy. If you weren't in suckifornia, I could put you in 2 very clean 379 Peterbilts, but no go in commie land.

If you tried to hire me as a driver and then put me in a day cab to run out of state, I'd laugh in your face. I've done the day cab thing before when a truck went down and it was miserable. No room for anything extra, like food/drinks, extra clothes, tools, etc.

All this time you've spent talking about trucks, you've missed out on atleast 35k in freight. Every month is 20k+ in gross revenue. How long you gonna keep messing around.

Why not just rent a truck till the right one pops up? I believe we figured you could still make money with a rental truck.

I am 12 hours a day busy with this DMV nonsense, not like I am sitting on my ass, difficult to get away now so I am taking my time

I did just look at the montebello cascadia, 2015 250k miles 10sp. the 450 cummins was a bit gutless, not a rocket compared to the 13l 430hp maxxforce that I expected it to be. Doors painted. No rust. Condition is not bad. Clutch brake worn out, one of the mirrors doesnt work, shifter is in a horrible position (my elbow against the seat). 52.6 asking, wouldnt ro 45 but agreed to 50k, will submit it to the bank. Noted about out of state runs. Still lot of cali runs out there. Ryder, 12 pages of service history, nothing that stands out.

Apparently new trucks also have an FET thats stupid high %?

Why not just rent a truck till the right one pops up? I believe we figured you could still make money with a rental truck.

this has been a busy month for me, I had to uber from the dmv during a test just to look at this one

well, signed papers yesterday on teo cheapish trucks

a 2017 int 4400 for training, and a 2015 freightshaker isx 450hp 10sp for running nearby. 250k miles or so. 50k. ryder. no mention of any emissions related issues or repairs, but i am going to bake the filter and change the sensor right off the bat, maybe have someone clean the egr valve too. gotta check rawze for tips on this model.

drove ok. no better than an 8600 international i had. post pics once truck is in posession.

the 4400 though is in colorado. so another trip for me. :usa:

Top Back Refresh