What's new

Official Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other Alt coin crypto thread

Conceptually, yes.

The difference being - crypto relies on things out of my control. Tech, electricity, connectivity, etc. “Gun safe” is all within my control.

As long as the infrastructure is solid, crypto is.

I agree with you and that was the reason I took so long to get in. But you have to admit it has some features your gun safe doesn’t. You don’t have control of a hurricane or earthquake taking your safe. You don’t have control of the fbi taking your safe. From what I’ve seen on utube, even a thief with a demo saw can probably take out most safes. (Unless you’re going to stay home all the time.)

Storing your keys on a hot wallet is more of a security risk as the wallet is connected to the internet.

Blockchain holds the ledger of your assets, your keys unlock the ledger.

A cold wallet puts a air gap between your storage of keys and the internet.

You can even go old school and get paper keys…. At least if you are down with storing code on paper and putting them in the file cabinet

I did not realize that’s how it worked. I thought it was like that except there are no recover words. So I guess any iPad could be a cold wallet if you just shut off the WiFi/cellular/Bluetooth. My iPad has no cellular and the bluetooth is off. So I guess I can just shut off WiFi and I’m good.

I did not realize that’s how it worked. I thought it was like that except there are no recover words. So I guess any iPad could be a cold wallet if you just shut off the WiFi/cellular/Bluetooth. My iPad has no cellular and the bluetooth is off. So I guess I can just shut off WiFi and I’m good.
SIM card attacks are also very popular with hot wallets while using phones.

Anyone in on Render (RNDR)?

Metaverse type play that has huge backers and revolves around graphic rendering

I’m starting to put on my big boy pants by looking at DeFi and getting off the main exchange offerings.

I’m starting to put on my big boy pants by looking at DeFi and getting off the main exchange offerings.
Just another pump and dump.

Reactions: DMG
The Solana partnership doesn’t do anything for ya?
I have seen a ton of "partnerships" over the many crypto booms.

Off the top of my head there was Verge, Omesego, Paypie, Salt and the top partnership coin currently Chainlink.

All have had major partnership announcements that were a flash in the pan. Everyone will convince you to read the whitepages, and believe in the project. The founders will have to sell major stake to pay for "audit" related things to go "legit" someone will go to jail fraud and volume will drop so low you won't be able to trade out of your scamcoin.

Your only hope is to be the seller not the sucker.

Long term, I dont have any faith in anything but bitcoin and ethereum at this point.

I have seen a ton of "partnerships" over the many crypto booms.

Off the top of my head there was Verge, Omesego, Paypie, Salt and the top partnership coin currently Chainlink.

All have had major partnership announcements that were a flash in the pan. Everyone will convince you to read the whitepages, and believe in the project. The founders will have to sell major stake to pay for "audit" related things to go "legit" someone will go to jail fraud and volume will drop so low you won't be able to trade out of your scamcoin.

Your only hope is to be the seller not the sucker.
Soooo, I’ll take that as you haven’t looked into it.

Anyone else? I’m in dig around mode now, looking for any and all info I can find.

Soooo, I’ll take that as you haven’t looked into it.

Anyone else? I’m in dig around mode now, looking for any and all info I can find.
Yes I have looked into it. I cant find anything that sets it apart from anything else. Its just a bunch of fancy words and some decent web design by a couple of nerds with a few hundred bucks to spend.

Yes I have looked into it. I cant find anything that sets it apart from anything else. Its just a bunch of fancy words and some decent web design by a couple of nerds with a few hundred bucks to spend.
Ok

There isn’t really much chatter about stuff here. It’s hard for me to tell who actually digs into projects and who just throws some gamble money at meme coin of the week..

Ok

There isn’t really much chatter about stuff here. It’s hard for me to tell who actually digs into projects and who just throws some gamble money at meme coin of the week..
I dig into them when people bring them up, but I'll be honest I'm digging in to debunk them. So far there hasnt been a coin project to hit the market that has proved me wrong.

What is it about a project that you look for to determine if its legitimate?

I dig into them when people bring them up, but I'll be honest I'm digging in to debunk them. So far there hasnt been a coin project to hit the market that has proved me wrong.

What is it about a project that you look for to determine if its legitimate?
Well, as you may know I’m very new to this space. Just look at when I started this thread. I’m still learning on how to and how I want to research projects.

As for now I’m looking at what I can find on Utube vids (most are just shill), read on places like Reddit, what space they are in, what problem they solve, who the large backers are, project momentum, market cap, and if it seems like a short or long term play (can or has it been through a bear market).

Wow, it's a fucking bloodbath for me today, but if I don't sell, I haven't lost anything. Should buy more since everything is on sale!

Get your Metaverse plays on discount today
How do you feel about mana? Its the only one ive bought so far... but ill admit i know slightly less then nothing about the metaverse. It just seemed like tye biggest one 4 months ago when i bought it

Wow, it's a fucking bloodbath for me today, but if I don't sell, I haven't lost anything. Should buy more since everything is on sale!
Was fully expecting to see eth at sub 2k like it was in the spring after reading this but im not even mad after checking the portfolio 😎still in a run if you ask me

How do you feel about mana? Its the only one ive bought so far... but ill admit i know slightly less then nothing about the metaverse. It just seemed like tye biggest one 4 months ago when i bought it
I definitely missed the boat on it.

I think that there is more money to be had of one was to purchase property inside Desentraland (Mana) or Sandbox (Sand)

My play is Enjin and Effinity. I like that they are more of a broad Metaverse play and are going to become a Polkadot parachain.

Why be in a specific play when you can be the connector of all Metaverse plays for multiple blockchain systems?

"metaverse"

is this linked to that facebook thing? are they trying to be secondlife or what?

"metaverse"

is this linked to that facebook thing? are they trying to be secondlife or what?
Metaverse…

It’s a term being thrown around a lot right now but difficult to explain. Mostly because of how grand a scale this term encompasses.

Ready Player One is probably the easiest for people to wrap their heads around. Digital avatar in a digital world interacting with others. We see this now with many games like GTA, Fortnight, WoW, and Minecraft, just to name a few.

It’s much bigger than that though, and already here. We just don’t have a name for it yet.

Ever Face Time or Zoom meeting? Your in the Metaverse. Ever use a online forum to talk with others? Metaverse. Pay bills, search travel locations, look at live traffic feeds, whatever else online? Metaverse

It’s the term used for the digital interaction between people, which is growing exponentially in ways that we can’t begin to wrap our heads around.

oh okay so it isn't facebook trying to make a secondlife clone with their fresh new rebrand

Top Back Refresh