What's new

No you POS, opening my door does not mean put it in park

What if you're driving and open the door, will it slam it into park?

What I hate is the auto locking doors. Can't tell you how many times I find myself getting something out of the garage to put in the truck, and the doors are all locked.

One of the reasons I’m a big fan of the wife and I’s cars, both 2008 Land Rovers. You get the actually useful newer tech, without the stupid bullshit of not having a dipstick, knob shifter, start/stop button, etc. Drive with the door open, leave your seatbelt off without being bitched at constantly, parking sensors just beep rather than the GM seat ball rattler, plus you can turn them off, doors don’t auto lock. If you exceed 100 mph the car will just lower down an inch to be more stable, it almost treats you like a grown adult. The only thing it won’t let you do is lock the keys inside it.

Wife and I don't care for anything newer than we have. Both vehicles are new enough to save us in a collision but old enough to have very few nannies. No whiz-bang drivetrain tech or infotainment. Neither of us spend enough time behind the wheel to care.

I drive with both feet with automatics. We rented a newer Mercedes RV, if you even thought about having feet on both pedals at the same time it would honk the horn till you took one off. The first time it did it it scared the crap out of me, I thought I was about to get hit.

It would also reduce power if thought there was to much sidewind. This really sucked when you were passing a semi, as you came past the front of it and the wind blast from the front of the semi hit you, it would throttle back and you couldn't pass the semi. Super fun.

What I hate is the auto locking doors. Can't tell you how many times I find myself getting something out of the garage to put in the truck, and the doors are all locked.

You can turn that off, at least on the ford's. First thing I did on my work trucks and wife's F150. That and the click once only unlocks the driver door.

Top Back Refresh