What's new

No you POS, opening my door does not mean put it in park

I just read up on the incident. Fuck I didnt know that kid got killed, Russian too. RIP buddy. Pretty fucking sad.

The FIX to this is to go back to cabled / lever activator gear selectora, not fucking buttons. I always hated the actuated selectors.

Sad story though, he didnt seem like a douchebag in any way. Guess he made a deal with the devil for his 5 minutea of fame.

The shifter design in those vehicles is not intuitive and is very easy to leave in the wrong gear or fail to put into park. It's classic bad engineering that was pushed by marketing rejects.

Dodge's (or Ram more properly) dial of retardedness is not quite as bad, but still incredibly stupid.

Fuckin' hate em, can't shut the engine off in neutral either which is super annoying when you're trying to position one on a 2 post lift.
Oh that’s the fucking worst. I think I got out of automotive work at the right time. I’ll always be a journeyman, but hope to never be forced to work as one again

ok this thread is making me really mad that I sold my 08 Cummins and bought a 17. Highlighting every little fucking thing I hate.

fucking tpms too. Oh fuck me.

Last edited:
My buddies 17' dodge cummins 6 speed manual applies the brakes if the vehicle is stopped so it doesn't roll backwards down a hill while starting off. The brakes let off as you are letting the clutch out. It was kinda neat to try out.

Fuck that. Being able to roll in whatever direction is downhill just by pushing the clutch is one of the main benefits of driving a manual.

My '88 Subaru GL coupe did that too. Not anything new.

My grandfather (Pepere) told me a story of him going for his license. His Dad wanted him to wait, but Pepere went anyways. Stole his Dad's truck for the driving test. The instructor parked him on a hill and had him take off, but it was equipped with a mechanism that prevented the truck from rolling back. They failed him for it and made him return with another vehicle. This had to be in the 40s.

I have always had manuals and A friend borrowed my truck and left his Mini Cooper. I jumped in and I couldn't figure out how to get it to start. I finally had to pull the owners manual out and read the starting procedure. You have to step on the brake before it will start.

My MY18 car just beeps at me if it isn't in park and I open the door. Nothing else. Must suck to live in America :flipoff2:

370z wouldn't open fuel door while engine was running. Took me few minutes to figure that out.

Fair complaint!

but......what about the MoFos that shut off at a stop light, that shit ain’t right either.

My sister in law jeep does that it drives me nuts. I disable the function when I drive it.

side note if you don't wear your seat belt that function is disabled.

Oh that’s the fucking worst. I think I got out of automotive work at the right time. I’ll always be a journeyman, but hope to never be forced to work as one again

ok this thread is making me really mad that I sold my 08 Cummins and bought a 17. Highlighting every little fucking thing I hate.

fucking tpms too. Oh fuck me.
I have a 2020 Ram 3500 crew cab diesel dually with a flatbed company truck. I had at one of my previous jobs, an 07 setup same way. Only difference is the 2020 is 4WD.

I hated the 07 and it was a pile of rolling shit. Rode like crap and broke down frequently. It had the retarded horn going off and lights flashing while the door was open backing up to a trailer. Fuc king sucked.

the 2020 has a standard old school colum shifter and no issues at all backing up with the door open. I have to admit the 2030 is a far superior truck then the 07 could ever want to be. The radio/backup camera is totol crap. I painted my trailer coupler bright red so I could see it backing up to hook up. That’s how shitty the camera is.

I’m still a Ford truck guy and probably always will be. Fuck fiat

Fucking hate that, My work truck has that. Can't just jump in and put it into gear to move it with the door open anymore. :mad3: ...and why the fuck make my shifter knob look like my HVAC knobs? :confused:

The computer based radios are a WTF as well. Booting up all the time. Can't adjust the Volume when in reverse. When I do go to adjust the volume the whole damn screen turns into a volume bar so you can't see the time or what station you're on. Can't see the time when in reverse. The disclaimer pops up every damn time I get in it. I could go on but for sure a basement dweller designed these things.

Sounds like you drive a Ram.

I have a 16 1500. I'm finally used to all the electronic crap after a year.

You can open the door over a certain speed, so you can still jump out. :laughing:

A friend has a Subaru Crosstrek Manual. The hill start assist really fucks with you. Could never get it right over the old way of catching it before it rolled back.

Glad I don't have to deal with that. I hate my 2002 Tacoma locking the doors when I fire it up/move it.

Last time I bought a new truck, dealers thought I had a third eye because I wanted a manual transmission, manual windows, and manual doors but not a work truck😎 I haven't considered a new car in 20 years.

Glad I don't have to deal with that. I hate my 2002 Tacoma locking the doors when I fire it up/move it.

Last time I bought a new truck, dealers thought I had a third eye because I wanted a manual transmission, manual windows, and manual doors but not a work truck😎 I haven't considered a new car in 20 years.

I have a 2003 Tacoma limited with all the bells and whistles from 2003. The only thing that annoys me about that truck....when the doors are locked and you pull the door handle to get out, it doesn’t work. It have to unlock the door first.

Single action door handles. I prefer double action like all other Toyota’s seem to have 😂

I bought a seatbelt extender for my ram and it allows you to open door while backing up without slamming in park. May work for others if you don’t wear seatbelt.

One of many reasons I'm done with new cars. My newest is 2012 and even that is too much stupid. I was in the market for new tow rig a couple years ago and ended up buying '08 with low low miles for near new price just to avoid as much electronic and emission crap as possible.

I have a 2020 Ram 3500 crew cab diesel dually with a flatbed company truck. I had at one of my previous jobs, an 07 setup same way. Only difference is the 2020 is 4WD.

I hated the 07 and it was a pile of rolling shit. Rode like crap and broke down frequently. It had the retarded horn going off and lights flashing while the door was open backing up to a trailer. Fuc king sucked.

the 2020 has a standard old school colum shifter and no issues at all backing up with the door open. I have to admit the 2030 is a far superior truck then the 07 could ever want to be. The radio/backup camera is totol crap. I painted my trailer coupler bright red so I could see it backing up to hook up. That’s how shitty the camera is.

I’m still a Ford truck guy and probably always will be. Fuck fiat

Post up some pics of the 2030 model so we can see how they are going to change in the next 9.6 years.
:flipoff2::flipoff2::lmao:

seatbelt chimes that never stop bug me more. If I'm putting along at 5 mph down a two track, I don't want to wear my goddamn belt.

Everything yall are whining about can be solved with a manual transmission and a scotch lock.

wife car did that, 2006 es-cape', ford put in a thing to flash your lights 16 times, wiggle the steering wheel, jerk off twice and kick the rear door in and then it will automagically disable that feature. well, it was something like that, but well worth the effort to turn that junk off :smokin:

I have new technicians hanging their head out the window to rack a car and open the door to see better and get an A-pillar wake up whack

Top Back Refresh