What's new

Need help with a built Jeep and putting a price tag on it

houstoniancj

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Houston
Experts :flipoff2:

Need help with putting a market price on a built LJ as our lifestyle is changing and I don't have the time to run this as much as i would like. Now that we are larger property owners a side by side make more sense, especially with the kids. I have gone through the classifieds but also wanted to get some more feedback.

The LJ build sheet is below, some pictures included.

2005 LJ 94k miles Non rubicon, 6 speed. Interior is nice, OEM front and rear seats with bartact covers, bed rug kit, OEM cruise and hand throttle cruise. 2 batteries remote mounted in rear of cab with plug in charger/maintainer. Single din amplified head unit and new speakers to hear shit, No check engine light and the AC works. Has a cage with dash stanchions.
Just replaced: OPDA (cam gear looked good), valve cover gasket, rear main seal, spark plugs, oil pan seal, all fluids changed with redline, water pump, thermostat, and rad hoses replaced. There were no issues when i bought the jeep, it was in good condition. Just figured i would get in front of the 100k service.
Super duty 60 front, arb, 5.38s, RCVs, warn 35 spline lockouts
14b rear, aam 11.5, ARB, 5.38s
Artec trusses and super duty crossover and weld on arms
Rock Krawler long arm suspension, 4 link rear 3 link front
Fox CO's
Genright crawler gas tank/skid
Antirock sway bar on the front
Vanco hydroboost about to go on
PSC steering box and ram assist system with remote resi and cooler
Warn zeon platinum 14k with wireless remote
genright drop down carrier with spare
41" IROK radials with 90% tread, beads in tires, and ATX slab wheels. 5 of them.
The LJ has a CJ clip on it that's been highlined. The inner fenders and radiator support is still TJ. Outer fenders, grill, and hood are CJ. Front and rear wheel openings have been clearanced to let the 41's stuff
SPOD, 4 rigid duallys, lots of rock lights, ARB compressor
Its still street legal
New bestop soft top skin

Over all, great looking and driving Jeep. Plenty capable with what i have been doing.

What would you list at?

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 179
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 63
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 57
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Wierd. I wonder why anyone would search out that axle for a simple jeep?
Especially when a Superduty rear would match the front without adapting anything or mismatching wheels…

But to the OP, no clue on the local market but out west I’d guess $35-40k?

Seems to me that rigs like this top out around 30k. I have a buddy who just sold a 60/44 built LJ for 25k.

I think you start running into financing issues above this amount... and someone who can afford more might just build their own.

Seems to me that rigs like this top out around 30k. I have a buddy who just sold a 60/44 built LJ for 25k.

I think you start running into financing issues above this amount... and someone who can afford more might just build their own.

I was thinking 30-32 and I agree with your thoughts. It’s a weird day when the built rigs sell for less than a side by side but it is what it is.

Weird Day is an understatement…..
Weirdo month……
Weird year…..
Weird past few years!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a nice ,capable rig……
GLWS!!!!!

Oh……
And…..
Fuck side by sides!!!!!!!
:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

I swear I saw this LJ for sale a few months ago? Iirc it was listed at $27k. Did you just buy this?

We had a Stretched Dana 60 Jeep TJ for sale down here in El Paso a few weeks ago. I think they were running 40's. It for sure had coilovers and hydro assist steering. It was a really clean build, no dents or scratches in the paint. Beautiful TJ. They were asking $25,000.

If I were to sell that Jeep, I'd consider selling separately things like the winch, spare tire carrier, tops, extra doors, radios, air compressor, or any other part that is not directly related to the functionality of the rig. People want a good LJ for their own build. I'd say you could get $25,000 for that thing all day long without the accessories I mentioned.

Let us know what you end up doing with it. It's a nice build!

Found it... was asking in rock crawler classifieds 26.5

IMG_20230605_214037.jpg

IMG_20230605_214043.jpg

So did you buy it and are not pleased with it or did you bite off more than you could chew?

Found it... was asking in rock crawler classifieds 26.5

IMG_20230605_214037.jpg

IMG_20230605_214043.jpg

So did you buy it and are not pleased with it or did you bite off more than you could chew?
Thats the one. When i bought it I had plans to do more wheeling with the kids so the backseat and extra room the LJ offered was perfect. I knew when i looked at it in person I would need to spend some money to get it where I want my rigs to be in terms of maintenance and reliability, and I wanted to have the full-size spare etc. I went through this Jeep with a fine-toothed comb and addressed many things that needed to get done because I planned to be using it more than my CJ and other toys.

Fast forward to now, we expanded our property ownership to a point where I simply don't have the time to do the wheeling I used to do anymore. My dollars and time are better spent on the property.

I am very pleased with the Jeep in its current form after the work and time I spent working on it, it just sits there and I can find a better use for the dollars.

Top Back Refresh