What's new

My takeaway from 16 hours in tn.

Fuck...... I missed an opportunity to meet crispins and 2big bronco at the same time? :eek: I was in Gatlinburg Friday night. Wife and I had to take an unexpected road trip up to Rhode Island and ended up staying at a hotel in the area. If I had known this was going down I would have left earlier!

That would have been cool, 3 Grumpy Irate fuckers all in the same area at one time - LOL

I have seen you mention this a few times on different threads.

The Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area is much larger the area lining each side of the Parkway.

You can go 2 mins off the Parkway and be in the most beautiful unspoiled area anywhere.

The Park is 522,000 acres large and I promise you will not find one T-Shirt shop or Go Cart track in all that area.

So perhaps you should try to explore than the tourist trap area before you cast a large net judging an Entire area.

This area is freaking awesome. I can drive around in the mountains for hours without seeing a building or stoplight or I can hit the main area and see a show and have a good dinner.

YMMV

Not trying to knock your area. It gorgeous down there. We were on a roadtrip with the truck camper covering some distance, so we weren't really able to explore the full area. If I were on the motorcycle with a tent, and a few days of riding, I'm sure I'd be singing a different tune. We were there for a day, and just explored that area. There was a road with a stream in the middle of it. It was one way traffic on one side, and one way traffic on the other. We got lost or something and had to back track that a few times, heh.

But when someone mentions PF/GB, its the first thing I think of; the t-shirt shops and photobooths. Though, it can't be that bad because I still rock the belt I bought from there. :flipoff2:

We're going to memphis for Thanksgiving this year. Spending the whole week there. I'm really looking forward to it. We've got gator hunting, bourbon distillery visits, and fishing for catfish on the agenda.

Hit me up if you want to drink a beer. Or come to a big ol wheeling event the weekend following thanksgiving 2.5hrs east. It's a blast.

I spent a year in Tenn. outside of Memphis. I stayed out of Memphis for the most part as it was a shithole. Travelling to backroads out in the area I swore I heard "banjos playing" and "squeal like a pig boy". :flipoff2:

No banjos in this part of the state, gramps. And it's not a complete shithole, you just have to ask a local to find the good stuff. However it is no surprise that nobody would tell some stuck up californian any of our secrets.

Hit me up if you want to drink a beer. Or come to a big ol wheeling event the weekend following thanksgiving 2.5hrs east. It's a blast.

No banjos in this part of the state, gramps. And it's not a complete shithole, you just have to ask a local to find the good stuff. However it is no surprise that nobody would tell some stuck up californian any of our secrets.

Bullshit dude, I know you get shot at once a month minimum... just cause most are Somali spray and pray or WM blue glass lab guys doesn't mean you can just bust up in here acting like you live in a beautiful peaceful city. :flipoff2:

You fucked up with that post. I was there before I'd ever been to California. Go ahead and make some more ASSumptions.

Last edited:
Eastern TN is beautiful.
Good wheeling too.

No experience of western TN but have heard Memphis as described earlier...

Top Back Refresh