What's new

My takeaway from 16 hours in tn.

Abstract

Lower levels of 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT; serotonin) in the brain elicit sugar craving, while ingestion of sugar rich diet improves mood and alleviates anxiety.

The biological explanation to why fat people are nicer. Unless you are fat because you eat steak, thrn you ate fat and unhappy. :flipoff2:

Ghrelin and leptin piss you off. Eating carbohydrates makes you produce more ghrelin and leptin.

That is my truth. I have fasted both after a carb-rich diet, then after avoiding carbs for 48 hours before fasting. The difference in cravings is incredible (carbs make you hungry, very very very hungry).

The science behind it, I'm satisfied that this is accurate from my Internet Expert research:

Yes Dr. Fung is a nerdy little science guy with kind of an annoying voice, but he is god-tier in terms of research and facts.

The Bro version:

Noticed one of their electric billboards with the state raid death count. More people died this year when half the county was shut down than last year.
googled "tn state raid death count billboard"
all that came up was a wikipedia article about trump and coronavirus

I was expecting something more related to like drug raids or something

Also, the bipolar left laner... speed limit is 70- you got CC set on 77... that one left lane douche passes you 12 times in 20 miles.
sometimes I wonder about putting some of those conveyor belt rubber dock bumpers on my bumper, just for those assholes
then I remember dash cameras are a thing now :c

I thought it was like $15-20k? According to a recent thread on here :confused:

Not in the small towns and rural areas that is 80 percent of the state..it can vary from 2500 to 6000 for 200K property. Once you get away from the NYC area it looks like hillbilly central

Yes chicken is a breakfast food. It's delicious fried and put on a biscuit.

I thought it was like $15-20k? According to a recent thread on here :confused:

Mine are approx $2800. They would be cheaper if I lived outside the village (theres a village tax, town tax and school tax)

Can't really judge a state based off of 2 shitty family experiences there. Personally, I think Utah is one of the most beautiful places on earth... but if my only 2 trips there were to visit my parents, I'd probably hate that polygamy infested weak beer shithole and never want to go back. :laughing:
We all have five wives!:flipoff2: Had to get permission from all five to go to sand hollow this week. Utah is overrated....don’t come here. It’s already overcrowded and turning into California East...ahhhhhh!

We're going to memphis for Thanksgiving this year. Spending the whole week there. I'm really looking forward to it. We've got gator hunting, bourbon distillery visits, and fishing for catfish on the agenda.

We're going to memphis for Thanksgiving this year. Spending the whole week there. I'm really looking forward to it. We've got gator hunting, bourbon distillery visits, and fishing for catfish on the agenda.

Don't forget getting robbed, shot to death, then fucked in the bullet holes by a crackhead. That's gonna be on your agenda too. Just letting you know ahead of time. :flipoff2:

I spent a year in Tenn. outside of Memphis. I stayed out of Memphis for the most part as it was a shithole. Travelling to backroads out in the area I swore I heard "banjos playing" and "squeal like a pig boy". :flipoff2:

Bourbon is only made in Kentucky.

Not in the small towns and rural areas that is 80 percent of the state..it can vary from 2500 to 6000 for 200K property. Once you get away from the NYC area it looks like hillbilly central

I went to the Goulds/ ITT factories un the early 2000's.

I was blown away :laughing:

Vineyards and farms.

Was just like Ca but cold.

No, bourbon can be made anywhere. It's the process that makes it bourbon. I didn't realize all the tennessee distilleries only make whiskey though.. I'm going distillery hopping.

You all are all wrong about bourbon can be made anywhere; it is the limestone water in Kentucky that makes bourbon. It's the same thing that makes "whiskey", whiskey in other areas you imbeciles. Just like tequila is only made by drunk Mexicans pissing in a bottle in Mexico; but drink whatever you like. :barf:
please report to things I never knew until now thread. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
You all are all wrong about bourbon can be made anywhere; it is the limestone water in Kentucky that makes bourbon. It's the same thing that makes "whiskey", whiskey in other areas you imbeciles. Just like tequila is only made by drunk Mexicans pissing in a bottle in Mexico; but drink whatever you like. :barf::flipoff2:

Jesus H. Yes it can, and it has zero to do with limestone water. Just because 90-95% of bourbon is from Kentucky, it doesn't HAVE to be.

5 rules that make it bourbon
  • It must be made in the United States. ...
  • Aging must take place in a new, charred, oak barrel. ...
  • The mash must be at least 51 percent corn. ...
  • The whiskey cannot enter the barrel at higher than 125 proof. ...
  • Nothing can be added but water and only to lessen the proof when necessary.

Jesus H. Yes it can, and it has zero to do with limestone water. Just because 90-95% of bourbon is from Kentucky, it doesn't HAVE to be.

5 rules that make it bourbon
  • It must be made in the United States. ...
  • Aging must take place in a new, charred, oak barrel. ...
  • The mash must be at least 51 percent corn. ...
  • The whiskey cannot enter the barrel at higher than 125 proof. ...
  • Nothing can be added but water and only to lessen the proof when necessary.

Nothing can be added but water..:homer: and jesus has nothing to do with it , even walking on water.

I've got family all over West TN and have spent quite a bit of time there, though I haven't been back to visit in over 10 years. TN isn't too bad but I'd never want to live there.

Folks outside Kentucky give as much a shit about that as "champagne is only made in France" :flipoff2:

It is my understanding that nothing stops the US from
marketing Champagne.

France had the champagne restriction added to The treaty of Versailles, limiting countries use of the term champagne, BUT the US never signed the treaty, so fuck the French

It is my understanding that nothing stops the US from
marketing Champagne.

France had the champagne restriction added to The treaty of Versailles, limiting countries use of the term champagne, BUT the US never signed the treaty, so fuck the French

It's also fucking disgusting sooooooo........ :flipoff2:

Can't really judge a state based off of 2 shitty family experiences there. Personally, I think Utah is one of the most beautiful places on earth... but if my only 2 trips there were to visit my parents, I'd probably hate that polygamy infested weak beer shithole and never want to go back. :laughing:

We went places but nowhere fun since No one could get their shit together and actually plan something.
I agree, I’m sure it’s not all bad but my nephew and ex SIL are there, so fuck it. My niece is meh, but she is just like her mom:laughing:

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge - wasn't a fan. Just a big tourist trap. Felt...fake. Like I was in a theme park.

Grayson Highlands was freaking awesome though. I'd say that was my #1 spot on our roadtrip.

Fuck...... I missed an opportunity to meet crispins and 2big bronco at the same time? :eek: I was in Gatlinburg Friday night. Wife and I had to take an unexpected road trip up to Rhode Island and ended up staying at a hotel in the area. If I had known this was going down I would have left earlier!

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge - wasn't a fan. Just a big tourist trap. Felt...fake. Like I was in a theme park.

Grayson Highlands was freaking awesome though. I'd say that was my #1 spot on our roadtrip.

I have seen you mention this a few times on different threads.

The Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge area is much larger the area lining each side of the Parkway.

You can go 2 mins off the Parkway and be in the most beautiful unspoiled area anywhere.

The Park is 522,000 acres large and I promise you will not find one T-Shirt shop or Go Cart track in all that area.

So perhaps you should try to explore than the tourist trap area before you cast a large net judging an Entire area.

This area is freaking awesome. I can drive around in the mountains for hours without seeing a building or stoplight or I can hit the main area and see a show and have a good dinner.

YMMV

Top Back Refresh