What's new

my new tow rig/ RV that needs some new skin...

just a quick update, no pics. but the flex seal shit is bull shit. that tape is peeling up allready, its been a week . have to redo the roof edge where it meets the side panels. its just not that sticky.

just a quick update, no pics. but the flex seal shit is bull shit. that tape is peeling up allready, its been a week . have to redo the roof edge where it meets the side panels. its just not that sticky.
The Eternabond is for sure sticky.

i also want a new double din radio that works with apple play so i can navigate like a champ. so much easier than the phone
Get an ipad mount and use an ipad or tablet for nav. I have a double DIN that runs apple play in the burb and the big screen on the ipad is so much better on middle age eyes.

i got one of the amazon prime day double din apple play radio for 60 bucks so that will be installed soon, but i do like the idea of a tablet for nav with old eyes

The Eternabond is for sure sticky.
yes i totally agree its stupid sticky and i am using this stuff as test and it is crazy sticky butyl tape stuff

1661170359987.png

so i finished off the cab over sleep area, forgot to take pictures, i will get some soon, also completed the over built trailer hitch.
all material is 1/4 inch thick, 4x4 square, 57 inch long C channel on each side, and angle braces are 1.5 inch
IMG_7058.JPG
IMG_7094.JPG
IMG_7098.PNG
IMG_7099.JPG
IMG_7100.JPG
IMG_7101.JPG
. there is 12 holes on each side that it gets bolted in with. 1/2 grade 8.

and car lift is the best welding table ever. totally adjustable height. hahahhaha

what's another 50 lbs so you can say "that's not going anywhere" with confidence?

slide it out a bit and put motorcycle on it, very nice job on that thing.

got the rv loaded up and just about ready to head out today for the tall corn cruiser classic TLCA landcruiser event here in iowa. this will be a good test it out run, its about 90 miles away, quite a few hills, no mountains or huge grades, its iowa man.... more importantly will see how the v10 likes a trailer.

here are some interior pics i have forgot to post and a couple with the trailer hooked up. i will get a few more of what it looks like when fully loaded down

IMG_7109.JPG
IMG_7110.JPG

IMG_7111.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6431.JPG
    IMG_6431.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
That's going to be fun to back up, setup a camera and crack some beers!
With the amount of rear overhand and then amount of space between the trailer axle and hitch, it's going to pivot funny when you're backing up, so my advise is plan not to.

i used it for the first time this weekend. found out shower will need to be re done. floor in that thing is super soft. so there is that.
tows great, minus the fact i do need air bags for sure. front is a bit light. plenty of power for sure.

1661791931066.png

That's going to be fun to back up, setup a camera and crack some beers!
With the amount of rear overhand and then amount of space between the trailer axle and hitch, it's going to pivot funny when you're backing up, so my advise is plan not to.

Not sure what you mean, looks super easy to back up, besides viability.

i used it for the first time this weekend. found out shower will need to be re done. floor in that thing is super soft. so there is that.
tows great, minus the fact i do need air bags for sure. front is a bit light. plenty of power for sure.

Air bags do not transfer wieght to front :homer::flipoff2:

Look into wieght distribution hitches.

what's your tongue weight look like with the crawler flipped on the trailer?
i was gonna get a trailer hitch scale to help figure every thing out also. so that should help. the only drama with the weight distributing hitches is the way it clamps around the trailer frame it is meant for a box frame not angle iron style utility trailer. i do realize i need a better trailer fwi.

Weigh Safe Fixed Height Ball Mount 2" Drop & 2" Receiver, 10,000lbs GTW, 1,500lbs Tongue Weight - Built-in Tongue Weight Gauge (Ball Mount)​

i was gonna get a trailer hitch scale to help figure every thing out also. so that should help. the only drama with the weight distributing hitches is the way it clamps around the trailer frame it is meant for a box frame not angle iron style utility trailer. i do realize i need a better trailer fwi.

Weigh Safe Fixed Height Ball Mount 2" Drop & 2" Receiver, 10,000lbs GTW, 1,500lbs Tongue Weight - Built-in Tongue Weight Gauge (Ball Mount)​

Do you have a scale near by?

You can play with weights by pulling the rear axle over the scale, then lifting the tounge off.

Also, don't make excuses :flipoff2: you built a buggy and that monster hitch, I'm sure you can weld something to your trailer to make it accept that wd hitch.

Heck, build a new tongue that's not AI.

Do you have a scale near by?

You can play with weights by pulling the rear axle over the scale, then lifting the tounge off.

Also, don't make excuses :flipoff2: you built a buggy and that monster hitch, I'm sure you can weld something to your trailer to make it accept that wd hitch.

Heck, build a new tongue that's not AI.
fair. hahahahahaha hahahaha hahahaa :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::beer::beer::beer::homer::lmao::lmao::lmao:
its not much to figure out just got to box the frame basicly. easy day for sure. thanks for get off your ass speech. :beer::beer:hahaha
1661866712639.png

look what i found last night...
IMG_7160.JPG
That should do it.
With out weights who knows and those bars might be stiff but it's a start.
You are really going to want a powered tongue jack for setting that up though.

They are good hitches I used to use the 1400,14k version.
If you angle the hitch head enough to get good weight transfer the ass off the rv will need to be raised pretty high to get the bars on the rests.
If you have a hip in your yard or something it will work well other wise you will have to use the trailer jack, Hi-lift etc.

They are good hitches I used to use the 1400,14k version.
If you angle the hitch head enough to get good weight transfer the ass off the rv will need to be raised pretty high to get the bars on the rests.
If you have a hip in your yard or something it will work well other wise you will have to use the trailer jack, Hi-lift etc.
thanks

Top Back Refresh