What's new

my new tow rig/ RV that needs some new skin...

good am

had a huge set back in the RV life. the roof came off. its like the glue just stopped working. and the rubber became supper brittle.

from what i have found out the rvs of 2000s era Roofs from sitting inside hot metal buildings it would bake the rubber and it would fall off the plywood. so i decided to sell. i dont have this kind of patience to fix. :beer:

so i am gonna try and sort a pick up camper and go smaller. time will tell.

1692016056700.png

1692016108324.png

It's amazing that these don't at least have an aluminum roof.... I am looking for a pick up and camper myself so excited to see what you score!
Alternatively... what if you used a tar/torch applied roof membrane?

It's amazing that these don't at least have an aluminum roof.... I am looking for a pick up and camper myself so excited to see what you score!
Alternatively... what if you used a tar/torch applied roof membrane?
that would be a sealer for sure. but i feel like the plywood maybe a bit compromised.... we will see.

this started a big chain reaction of things that i need to address. ideally the rv would have been the home away from home while wheeling. now the v10 and one ton chassis is gone. so now i need to sell/trade in my f150 and get a 3/4 ton min. with a pick up camper. should have just done that to begin with. all i can say is i am not one that does the normal thing first. i have to get there in my own time. hahahha

that would be a sealer for sure. but i feel like the plywood maybe a bit compromised.... we will see.

this started a big chain reaction of things that i need to address. ideally the rv would have been the home away from home while wheeling. now the v10 and one ton chassis is gone. so now i need to sell/trade in my f150 and get a 3/4 ton min. with a pick up camper. should have just done that to begin with. all i can say is i am not one that does the normal thing first. i have to get there in my own time. hahahha
I've been trying to convince my wife we need a power wagon but she does not want to drive a 3/4 daily. The payload is weak but I want a little better ride quality if it's a daily. I just have a hard time stomaching $50-60K for a used truck.

i know what you mean on ride quality for sure. and i am not looking at all toward the new range. my search is about 75,000 mile range.

so you peel off the rubber and pour this stuff on? or is a sheet you roll out. and glue down.
Both options exist but for your rig I would think the pour on style would be what you want.

Screw the existing roof down all over and around the penetrations then roll this shit on and dicor all the seams.

I can't recommend a brand, never used it personally but I have thinking about it on mine.

"RV liquid EPDM rubber roof"

in the fall i put this down and it worked but the rubber below let go. so yes screw down everything is a must.. furring strips or what ever would be needed
1692024829761.png

the regular PVC/TPO roofing is a big roll.
it goes down with contact cement.
glue it on.
It took dad and I a weekend to do a flat garage roof. Yours would suck a bit more because of the penetrations and such, but just lay it out over top and cut the holes.

straight from elkhart, where that thing was probably made.

Take a look at this channel. This guy changes EPDM roofs all the time. Since the EPDM is cracked you can’t pour anything over the top of it, it won’t stick.

Here’s a video of replacing one. There should be mobile RV guys in your area that will do it.

Top Back Refresh