What's new

Musk and Twitter

Google owns all.
Aren't you the one that couldn't figure out how to get pictures off your flip phone?

IIRC most (all?) Pixels can be rooted and another LS such as Lineage OS can be installed.
No SD card slot, many (most?) don't allow you to root or install another OS, not at all interested.

Google's branded phones (previously the Nexus line, now Pixel) run "pure" Android. No bloatware or, manufacturer's add-ons or anything like that. It's Android exactly the way the developers wanted it to be.

The smallest version of the pixel 7 is 128gb. With fast Internet everywhere, it's not the old days where you needed expandable memory on your phone to store everything until you had time to plug it in and back it up. I've had my 128gb Pixel 4a for over 2 years and I'm sitting at about 48% full. I was worried about the lack of expandable storage when I got my first phone without it, but several years later I don't miss it.

Worst case, if I need to back something up to hard storage when I'm on the road, I have USB-C flash drives and SD readers that I can just plug in to my phone.

Google's branded phones (previously the Nexus line, now Pixel) run "pure" Android. No bloatware or, manufacturer's add-ons or anything like that. It's Android exactly the way the developers wanted it to be.

The smallest version of the pixel 7 is 128gb. With fast Internet everywhere, it's not the old days where you needed expandable memory on your phone to store everything until you had time to plug it in and back it up. I've had my 128gb Pixel 4a for over 2 years and I'm sitting at about 48% full. I was worried about the lack of expandable storage when I got my first phone without it, but several years later I don't miss it.

Worst case, if I need to back something up to hard storage when I'm on the road, I have USB-C flash drives and SD readers that I can just plug in to my phone.
It's probably not needed, but I still like having the SD card, I run local backups of my text/MMS messages, if I have to wipe my phone my "offline" data is all on there.
I have USB-C to USB-A adapters so I can plug in any flash drive I want into my phone.

Aaron Z

I'd love to, but they keep getting bigger and bigger. Gonna need wheeled luggage soon. My 5yo S8 active is 5.8, and that took getting used to.

IMG_26112022_120235_(300_x_344_pixel).jpg

They also, in a very Apple move, dicided you don't need an SD slot. You get what you get, and you like it.

Problem is, you still treat a mobile device as a "phone". The most basic feature of these is being a phone. Most everyone uses them 99% as a multimedia device and 1% as a phone. So who wouldn't want a large screen for video/other viewing purposes?

Aren't you the one that couldn't figure out how to get pictures off your flip phone?

No. I could not get pics off my Motorola Droid. Transferring the image file Off the phone itself, not talking about using the google cloud. You were the one that made an unqualified comment that " OP should get a flip phone". :homer: That was a tremendous help by the way. My prior Motorola Droid would be instantly recognized as a drive by a Windows PC and was so easy a caveman could do it. The newer one, not so much. By pic I meant a .jpg and not a link to a cloud sourced download. I recently purchased a $39 Walmart "flip phone" to use in the marginal reception area I frequent in a remote location. Simple talk and listen chit.

I dont recall a single constructive response to my thread from an individual that had the phone I was referring to. Just a whole shit load of pitbull attacks and iRate Einsteins. :laughing:

No. I could not get pics off my Motorola Droid. Transferring the image file Off the phone itself, not talking about using the google cloud. You were the one that made an unqualified comment that " OP should get a flip phone". :homer: That was a tremendous help by the way. My prior Motorola Droid would be instantly recognized as a drive by a Windows PC and was so easy a caveman could do it. The newer one, not so much. By pic I meant a .jpg and not a link to a cloud sourced download. I recently purchased a $39 Walmart "flip phone" to use in the marginal reception area I frequent in a remote location. Simple talk and listen chit.

I dont recall a single constructive response to my thread from an individual that had the phone I was referring to. Just a whole shit load of pitbull attacks and iRate Einsteins. :laughing:
Life is hard. You should quit.

and the open venue of global communication untainted by globalist slant that he's been harping about humanity needing
Do you really think that'd be the next thing out or OG Twitter x100 with a 90* slant rather than the 60* slant from pre Elon?

I'd bet on it being worse than Twitter ever was. I joined Twitter a week or so ago just to watch the show and it's fucking glorious watching it happen in real time.

Do you really think that'd be the next thing out or OG Twitter x100 with a 90* slant rather than the 60* slant from pre Elon?

I'd bet on it being worse than Twitter ever was. I joined Twitter a week or so ago just to watch the show and it's fucking glorious watching it happen in real time.
I dunno how it actually is, just that he's said stuff to the effect that the weaponized division is a danger to his goal of getting humanity off this rock

I dunno how it actually is, just that he's said stuff to the effect that the weaponized division is a danger to his goal of getting humanity off this rock
Yea he's into space more than just a little bit. :laughing:

The lefts meltdown over the attempted equalization of info is glorious.

Same here....

How does an original Android work if everything is now 5g ? I have 2 older ones from before I went Apple iPhone.
sorry. you crossed over to the dark side.
we can't talk android with you or we'd have to kill you
i have taken the liberty of disabling any android devices you may own

Buy a OE Pixel rather than any of the bloated shitty Samsung or whatnot versions.
Not sure I'm keen on investing in a third flavor.
Newsflash:. iOS has a lot of those same issues with the additional benefits of arbitrarily limiting your use. Shitty apps are a problem on both platforms
Great.
Well I guess that's a plus.

Well I guess that's a plus.

Unfortunately that also means some of the really good changes other companies have don't make it in as delivered, hence rooting, modding, and launcher changes. (I can't leave anything alone)

For instance, I MUCH prefer the button layout as Samsung allows it, that is, back on the right side. Google won't let you change it and puts back on the left side. Dumb. (Yes I still prefer having actual buttons and not gestures).

I heard recently that google and apple are threatening to block Twitter. Musk apparently told them if they do, he will start his own telephone system. I love it. I would really like to help Musk, but I never used Twitter and don’t want a Tesla. But I could get a new phone.

Last edited:
I heard recently that google and apple are threatening to block Twitter. Must apparently told them if they do, he will start his own telephone system. I love it. I would really like to help Musk, but I never used Twitter and don’t want a Tesla. But I could get a new phone.

The the good thing about Android phones, you can't really effective block any app currently. You can remove it from the app store but there are other stores and you can always side load it. (Always being as long as they continue to allow that of course)

Bring on the teslaphone. I hate my samsung and won't use apple.
Apple fought like crazy to protect the info of islamic terrorists from the .gov but want to sensor our 1A?

Top Back Refresh