What's new

Most annoying new vehicle feature

Keep in mind I've never done it...

Theres a trim piece on the back top corner, where the pillar and roof meet. The trim is riveted under the glass. So it gets peeled and twisted up. In order to replace trim, rear glass has to be removed. Apparently it's a crap shoot if they can pull it without breaking. It's all one piece with the rails for the worthless beer window glued to the whole pane.

the tech for the local glass company told me he's at the dealership weekly. Make ready runs the trucks through the carwash. The complimentary car wash for the oil change, service, etc.

I know a ford dealer tech who confirmed the stupidity.

I spent 7 minutes staring at the truck and have no fn clue what your describing….

But I also don’t doubt you.

Today made me think of this thread.

In the wife's 15 F150 and my phone is about dead because I've been listening to koh all day :laughing:

Our normal chargers are not in here so I grab a regular cord and plug it into the factory USB. Says 38 hours till full..... :homer: plug it into the other and it says 7 hrs 18 Mins. OK fine. Except 20 Mins later and it is still stuck on 1% battery.

Like why have 2 USB's that are so weak they can't charge a phone faster than its using power just sitting there with the screen off?

Also, auto start/stop is super lame.

In the wife's 15 F150 and my phone is about dead because I've been listening to koh all day :laughing:

Our normal chargers are not in here so I grab a regular cord and plug it into the factory USB. Says 38 hours till full..... :homer: plug it into the other and it says 7 hrs 18 Mins. OK fine. Except 20 Mins later and it is still stuck on 1% battery.

Like why have 2 USB's that are so weak they can't charge a phone faster than its using power just sitting there with the screen off?

My 18 is the same way with the USBs.

That should have nothing to do with the charger… everything to do with the phone.

That should have nothing to do with the charger… everything to do with the phone.

Not at all, some usb's just don't put out shit for power. Been that way on the factory usb's on half a dozen trucks with many different phones.

Also, if the phone was the problem, why would it charge fine with a different USB port? :homer:

Nah, a lot of those are capped at the "standard" for usb of 5v 1/2a. Were most phone chargers are at least 1A or 2A for normal USB, up to 18w for USB C (to a phone)

I spent 7 minutes staring at the truck and have no fn clue what your describing….

But I also don’t doubt you.

The trim is riveted UNDER the glass

146309839b244657b84d5976269bbeff.png

I assume it's all aluminum ford cabs, but they spoke as its prominent in F250+

Nah, a lot of those are capped at the "standard" for usb of 5v 1/2a. Were most phone chargers are at least 1A or 2A for normal USB, up to 18w for USB C (to a phone)
Yeah. No shit.

Charger only outs out what a charger puts out.

Many vehicle USB chargers are leveled in amperage.

How is this confusing?

Top Back Refresh