What's new

micro pistols

carried a dot for a li'l bit
you seem like the sort that's a good bit cleaner in general, but I'd still try for some kinda enclosed thing rather than the eotech style (if anyone makes a li'l baaaaby one)

mine filled with dirt, and welding sparks were killing the glass so I stopped carrying it and went back to irons

I have The FNX45T and love it. Really looking hard at the FN Reflex for a new EDC. I got to fingerfuck one at the NRA convention and I really liked it. For $50 extra you can get one with an optic cut.

Last edited:
you seem like the sort that's a good bit cleaner in general, but I'd still try for some kinda enclosed thing rather than the eotech style (if anyone makes a li'l baaaaby one)

mine filled with dirt, and welding sparks were killing the glass so I stopped carrying it and went back to irons

All this red dot on a carry peice is just insanity to me. WTF.

All this red dot on a carry peice is just insanity to me. WTF.
when has an optic really ever been a detriment to your speed and accuracy?
I shoot irons just fine, but a dot is just faster and better.
for serious, I shot my buddy's and I was like "welp, now I'm ruined, every pistol should have a dot"

I usually put it up before I do shop things. Shouldn't be a big problem for me.

for serious, I shot my buddy's and I was like "welp, now I'm ruined, every pistol should have a dot"
I found that mine slowed me way the fuck down until I trained myself to ignore the dot entirely

I found that mine slowed me way the fuck down until I trained myself to ignore the dot entirely
well obviously I'll practice with it until I'm comfrotable. ain't no get a new pistol and then carry it without putting 500 rounds through it for me.
stupid
stick it in your pants when you get outta bed, take it out when you take your pants off for the night
don't worry sweetheart, it's never more than 6 feet away.

that's when the feds show up to waterboard you for jollies
if the feds show up I don't think it's going to matter much if it's on my person or 6 feet away.
because I need a rifle at that point.

I'm about equal speed and accuracy optic vs not.

But I've also put less than 1000 handgun rounds downrange in my life so...

because I need half a dozen hand grenades at that point.
FTFY

No way a single man is holding off an assault team without overwhelming firepower and we all know you're too poor for a machine gun. :flipoff2:

The reasons to carry a micro are comfort and concealment, correct? Why would you red dot a micro? Maybe a grip laser sight if anything.

I rarely actually look down my sights with a pistol. Point and shoot is how you should be training, so you get good enough you don't need sights to hit center mass or head shots from 15'.

why do you need it? most self defense happens inside 25-30 feet? in a speed situation its muscle memory point and shoot so why take something made small (micro carry guns) and add anything like a reddot that is a detriment to concealment?

everyone can do what they want, still doesnt mean i dont think its insanity.

its the same way i feel about people with RDS on top of 18" home defense shotguns. WTF for?!?

Reactions: BDK
why do you need it? most self defense happens inside 25-30 feet? in a speed situation its muscle memory point and shoot so why take something made small (micro carry guns) and add anything like a reddot that is a detriment to concealment?

everyone can do what they want, still doesnt mean i dont think its insanity.

its the same way i feel about people with RDS on top of 18" home defense shotguns. WTF for?!?
because I want to be a cool kid again?

fuck man, now I'm all second guessing the path.
thanks dick.
:flipoff2:

The reasons to carry a micro are comfort and concealment, correct? Why would you red dot a micro? Maybe a grip laser sight if anything.

I rarely actually look down my sights with a pistol. Point and shoot is how you should be training, so you get good enough you don't need sights to hit center mass or head shots from 15'.
current carry pistol has a crimson trace laser johnny on it.
I don't particularly like it one way or the other.
works, mostly?

I'm about equal speed and accuracy optic vs not.

But I've also put less than 1000 handgun rounds downrange in my life so...

FTFY

No way a single man is holding off an assault team without overwhelming firepower and we all know you're too poor for a machine gun. :flipoff2:
but I do own a drill press, and now I don't even have any dogs, so the ATF should leave me alone right?

calm down ATF, just a joke.

because I want to be a cool kid again?

fuck man, now I'm all second guessing the path.
thanks dick.
:flipoff2:
We're you in a pool in a HOA community yesterday in Buckeye? My brother lives there, said some idiot was in the pool with a Glock in the waistband of his swim trunks. I asked him if he looked like this dude.
artworks-000097703405-l3r8n9-t500x500.jpg

current carry pistol has a crimson trace laser johnny on it.
I don't particularly like it one way or the other.
works, mostly?
Lasers are a multi purpose type sight. They will help you get on target in poor light conditions, but also give away your position in the process. They are a great last ditch deterrent. Being lit up with a laser might be enough to keep someone from forcing you to shoot them. I have one on my home defense shotgun just for that. Big fat green laser. Thinking of getting a grip laser for my Kimber CDP II, which I carry regularly.

Would not have anything on it that takes away from the concealment and comfort of a daily carry pistol.

Last edited:
valid arguments against.

now I have to think about it.
still gonna go finger fuck a few to see how I like it.

Meh I'd still run a dot. If it's not needed then great, the way my eyes are I'd rather have the option of a dot if needed. Too me it just runs similar thought process of why do you need more then 7 rounds, if you practice that should be plenty.

Meh I'd still run a dot. If it's not needed then great, the way my eyes are I'd rather have the option of a dot if needed. Too me it just runs similar thought process of why do you need more then 7 rounds, if you practice that should be plenty.

i cant get behind that analogy. thread title is "micro pistols" and then it was stated it was for carry. red dot defeats the purpose of a micro pistol. i liken it to having a 6" barrel on a micro grip sized frame that has 7 rounds in it. why do you need an extra 3" of barrel defeating why you have such a small frame to conceal?

now, you want to carry a full size race gun with RDS on top? ok, go for it. because obviously size and concealability are not the main traits you are looking for.

red dot on a true carry piece just seems like a solution looking for a problem.

i cant get behind that analogy. thread title is "micro pistols" and then it was stated it was for carry. red dot defeats the purpose of a micro pistol. i liken it to having a 6" barrel on a micro grip sized frame that has 7 rounds in it. why do you need an extra 3" of barrel defeating why you have such a small frame to conceal?

now, you want to carry a full size race gun with RDS on top? ok, go for it. because obviously size and concealability are not the main traits you are looking for.

red dot on a true carry piece just seems like a solution looking for a problem.

A red dot is not going to make or break concealment on a small pistol. People do it all the time. If you don't want to, then don't :flipoff2:

A red dot is not going to make or break concealment on a small pistol. People do it all the time. If you don't want to, then don't :flipoff2:
to that point, a half or 3/4 on top of the slide isn't going to be a problem.

a full sized grip is since it sticks out passed my hip.

to that point, a half or 3/4 on top of the slide isn't going to be a problem.

a full sized grip is since it sticks out passed my hip.
Try carrying the dot. If it conceals comfortably then great, it’s there if you need it. If you can’t hide it then take it off.

Top Back Refresh