What's new

micro pistols

I just run cheap FMJ all the time
bought some critical duty hornaday stuff, but found that I wasn't shooting enough to know for sure that it worked in my gun, so I sold the rest I had

garbage wolf 115gr is what I shoot the most of, so it's what I know runs
only had one failure so far, no primer holes punched in the case, and it was a lot from '21 so they knew their brand was import banned at that point so why bother with QC at all

I had bought 150rds of this sig defense whatever because it's about the only thing that works properly in goofy little star. It's reasonably priced.
Canik just doesn't like it on the first round from the mag at all.

Because of the last sentence, would you consider that a CCW or self defense weapon or just a plinking toy ? - thanks for the review.

If it makes you feel better. I have a pistol that cost a hell of a lot more. That isnt goona be worth a shit. Until I pull it apart and polish some stuff.

Goona need to work on the feed ramp as well

Because of the last sentence, would you consider that a CCW or self defense weapon or just a plinking toy ? - thanks for the review.
I'm not gonna write it off just because it doesn't like one brand of ammo. Shit, it took me like 4 brands of ammo to find one that made the last pistol 100% reliable.
it is otherwise reliable and worked without issue. it would feed the first round if you pulled the slide back and released, just didn't like the big hollow points if you thumbed the slide release on a full mag.
fed FMJ just fine.
and it is still a brand new pistol and pretty tight.
mags worked fine, and that's usually the shitty part of a cheap pistol.

well I found the fiocchi xtp 115 grain hollow points at a reasonable price so I ordered 200 of them.
lets see how it likes lighter bullets.
too be continued.

feeds from a full mag using the slide release with 115 fiocchi XTP.
tried it about 5 or 6 times.
as long as they cycle these are probably the winner. I like what fiocchi doing lately.

Had a ton of different pocket pistols. Only one I ever actually liked shooting was my Sig P938. Always end up back to carrying small revolvers over pistols. Been debating between buying another P938 or trying out one of the Hellcats.

Had a ton of different pocket pistols. Only one I ever actually liked shooting was my Sig P938. Always end up back to carrying small revolvers over pistols. Been debating between buying another P938 or trying out one of the Hellcats.
can confirm that there is some kinda magical special sauce in the 938
that thing will just shoot a group that is absurd for how small it is

And be fun to shoot while doing it.

Switched to a .357 LCRx for edc a while back and I must be getting old because the recoil in a revolver that small kicks a lot more than it used to. :laughing:

Switched to a .357 LCRx for edc a while back and I must be getting old because the recoil in a revolver that small kicks a lot more than it used to. :laughing:
Even my LCR 38 with +P rounds is uncomfortable. FUUUCK that in a .357. It’s the most painful pistol I’ve shot—every other revolver is intelligent enough to make enough gun to match the round. I mean, a SW500 isn’t horrendous since the frame is huge, and my large-framed .44mag snubby is flat out comfortable compared to that LCR.

So, if it helps, you’re more of a man than me.

Please define "absurd group" and the range of that group... I EDC a P365 X Macro. At 25 yds the grouping is, indeed, absurd, but not in a good way. Mebbe 8" off of a rest at that distance. Up to 15 yds I have complete confidence in that gun, any further and I'm not so sure. If I could carry my Beretta APX as stealthily as that Sig, I would. Complete confidence in that gun over 25 yds.

Please define "absurd group" and the range of that group... I EDC a P365 X Macro. At 25 yds the grouping is, indeed, absurd, but not in a good way. Mebbe 8" off of a rest at that distance. Up to 15 yds I have complete confidence in that gun, any further and I'm not so sure. If I could carry my Beretta APX as stealthily as that Sig, I would. Complete confidence in that gun over 25 yds.
got an 8.5x11 piece of 1/2" plate
I can hit it 5/6 most times at 50 yards

just a total outlier, can only do better with a ruger mk2 target, but that doesn't count

I put them all in the ten ring at 10 yards with this canik.
Didn't try further.
Maybe next trip with these 115s I try shooting it accurately.
I was mostly concerned with feeding it mags to check reliability after I got the dot zeroed

Odd, I found a snubby easier to shoot than a 6” barrel in .357

got an 8.5x11 piece of 1/2" plate
I can hit it 5/6 most times at 50 yards

just a total outlier, can only do better with a ruger mk2 target, but that doesn't count
Thanks for the response. I practice/train at 8" gongs at 25 yds. Best I can do is ~80% hit rate with my Sig. With my Beretta APX or Ruger MkII (:grinpimp:) I am very close to 100% hit rate. I try to be proficient at 25 yds so anything at 15 yds is a piece of cake (train hard, fight easy).

Even my LCR 38 with +P rounds is uncomfortable. FUUUCK that in a .357. It’s the most painful pistol I’ve shot—every other revolver is intelligent enough to make enough gun to match the round. I mean, a SW500 isn’t horrendous since the frame is huge, and my large-framed .44mag snubby is flat out comfortable compared to that LCR.

That Ruger LCRx 357 is steel frame, and about 5 ounces, or 25% heavier than the aluminum frame 38 spl. I dont find my LCRx in 38 spl 3-inch uncomfortable to shoot at all. It's recoil is "crisp" or "robust" :lmao::lmao::lmao: but Splib can shoot 100 rounds and use up the targets before recoil burn out. Not macho man posturing but sharing my experience. Surely you can shoot some 38 spl at subsonic velocity in that 357 to plink or practice. I dont think the comment "intelligent" the way it was used has merit here. I cant think of a more versatile pistol round, recoil wise, than the 38/357 platform. These weapons are made for EDC, not prolonged target shooting and at worst case going BANG reliably at a closing target under 15 feet or maybe 25 feet distance. Plenty of good options for recoil absorbing round/frame/weight combinations out there. I would say the Ruger 44mag in their Vaquero revolver is tolerable, but definately worse than the 38 LCRx. My opinion. :flipoff2:

It's not like unmanageable or anything, just not fun to shoot. It's fine for carrying or in the truck, but I find myself not shooting it as much as I'd prefer to for something I'm carrying every day.

Odd, I found a snubby easier to shoot than a 6” barrel in .357
Weird, my 686 6" felt like shooting a .22. :laughing:

1000008643.jpg

Don't be hating on my ability to work in pajamas and slippers.
They only see from the desk up in teams.

You are probably to young to know or recall the Checkered Demon in Zap comics. :beer::beer: for the holster :flipoff2:

Ran some more of the xtp through it.

Runs fine.
Have been daily carrying it.
Holo site isn't all nasty yet.

how much grinding and welding do you do?
that's what was fucking mine up, wleder sparks fall through your clothes just fine, but they get cupped on the glass
I don't carry it in my belt while doing mechanic shit.
Goes on the shelf next to the radio.

Top Back Refresh